Ollie Tipton, Notts trialist at Telford

Piethagoram

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  213
  • Days Won:  0

So, it would be a loan move? What about Nathan Claxton? He looked like a very capable defender.

• Like 3

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,921
  • Days Won:  162

@MagpieLane nathan claxton did look good, maybe this is just them considering their option?

• Like 3

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  1,703
  • Days Won:  36

Apparently he played well last night and Tom Williams has done a thread on Twitter about him. Looks to potentially be a very promising young player and could be the ideal candidate for the RCB role we need. He looks quick, decent passing range and can head the ball, will make the odd mistake, but young players do so could be worth the gamble.

• Like 5
  • Love 1

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,007
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

@Piethagoram is this the player people were trying to put a name to on Twitter? I can't say anything about him, as I didn't manage to go but like the others before me, I felt excited to see Nathan Claxton.

• Like 2

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  231
  • Days Won:  1

I wasn’t at the match, so I’m hoping more supporters here will share their opinions on him. It does seem strange that we would have a player on trial who signed a deal with Wolves not long ago for 5 years. It must be a loan, right?

• Like 4

• Followers:  9
  • Content Count:  2,469
  • Days Won:  15

I’m not against a young defender filling in the role, but I think Luke Williams is undecided if we need another CB or not. It’s clear that someone at the club is listening to the fans, but I’m sceptical about this lad or Nathan Claxton.

• Like 2

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  419
  • Days Won:  1

A colleague of mine who is a fan said that Tipton looked very promising - a ball-playing defender with pace who puts in extra effort to compensate for any shortcomings. I can't say whether it's a potential loan or permanent signing, but a young centre-back could help now and join the squad as he gains more experience.

• Like 2

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  1,898
  • Days Won:  5

I haven’t seen much feedback about Tipton or Claxton. Both players sound promising, and I have nothing against a young CB. It just means they’ll need time to settle into the team and may make the odd mistake, which is something everyone does. Fans need to remember that they probably made mistakes when starting a new job too.

• Like 1

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  3,392
  • Days Won:  18

What has happened to Ollie Tipton and Nathan Claxton? I have checked the reports published on the official site, but there’s no mention of them since.