iFollow coverage last night

Fan of Big Tone

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,773
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

Did anyone else buy a match pass for the Morecambe game last night. I thought it was quite good for a tenner but on the downside the commentary was from Morecambe’s local radio, yet I thought it would be Radio Nottingham, is there a way to switch the commentary does anyone know.

• Like 4

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  5,444
  • Days Won:  287

I watched the first half on my mobile phone and was blissfully unaware that you could even change the commentary. It was probably just as well, as the "Notts" commentary was actually the Mansfield match 😄

I changed it for the second half (when they'd fixed the Notts commentary) - just go to settings and audio.

It did what it says on the tin as usual, just a bit disappointed at the lack of Chromecast compatibility. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Supporter+

Thanks @DangerousSausage I’ll try settings next time. I assume it’s just midweek matches they stream?

I managed to get it on the big screen smart tv but it’s really hard navigating the website and putting in password etc. using the tv controller.

• Like 5

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  895
  • Days Won:  11

8 hours ago, Fan of Big Tone said:

Thanks @DangerousSausage I’ll try settings next time. I assume it’s just midweek matches they stream?

I managed to get it on the big screen smart tv but it’s really hard navigating the website and putting in password etc. using the tv controller.

I keep logged in on our smart tv, do all the fiddly bits on my phone, go to Notts ifollow page on the TV, select next match and its ready to play.

Edited by 4everapie
  • Like 3

• Content Count:  12,921
  • Days Won:  162

i was at the game itself. :D 

having seen the highlights though, i can see why @Fan of Big Tone said in the match discussion that david mcgoldrick should have scored when aaron nemane put the ball across to him.

• Like 3

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  5,444
  • Days Won:  287

10 hours ago, Fan of Big Tone said:

In the UK I think they stream all league matches that fall outside of the Saturday 3pm blackout. Maybe this includes Friday and Sunday games as well?

It never even occurred to me to use the browser on my TV, I'll try it out next time. Thanks! It's still a lot less user-friendly than Chromecast though ;)

• Like 4

• Followers:  9
  • Content Count:  2,469
  • Days Won:  15

Yes, all the matches outside of the blackout are covered. There are no fixtures on Saturdays, nor any that clash with televised matches, but there is a fair portion.

• Like 3

Supporter+
5 hours ago, 4everapie said:

I keep logged in on our smart tv, do all the fiddly bits on my phone, go to Notts ifollow page on the TV, select next match and its ready to play.

I had to log in again on the tv which was annoying because my password is one of those computer generated ones and it was really hard to put in with my tv controller.

• Like 2

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,007
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

For the time being, I will stick to picking up coverage from BBC Radio Nottingham when I am unable to attend the game but its useful to know the service is an option at times - plus what fans think of it.

• Like 1

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  3,392
  • Days Won:  18

The coverage has left a positive impression on me; however, it would be even better if Notts could provide a three-camera view for home games. Didn't they implement this during the COVID period? I recall watching several matches that season and noticing varying camera angles.

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  18,303
  • Days Won:  28

Its an option for those who want to use it for the games, its a shame about the cost as for those who also have a season ticket, it would be another expense.