Early days, but promising signs for Notts County

Benji

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  77
  • Days Won:  0

We’re eight games into the season and our team is sitting in a commendable 2nd place, just behind Gillingham. It’s been a promising start, and with each game, it’s clear to see how the squad is growing and gelling together. However, we must keep in mind that Swindon Town still has a game in hand. If they win, we could potentially move down to third place. But let’s not forget - it’s still early days.

The season is long and there are plenty of games left to play. Despite this, I can’t help but feel optimistic about our chances this season. The team seems stronger and more cohesive with every match. It’s exciting to think about what the rest of the season might hold for us.

How do you feel about our start to the season? Are you as hopeful as I am about our prospects?

• Like 4
  • Love 5

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,921
  • Days Won:  162

early signs are good, i do agree and the performances keep getting better.

on paper we certainly do have one of the strongest squads and its down to us to make sure we get the points needed to continue our good form. it helps that virtually everyone in the squad is getting behind the great support us fans are showing. this must make a huge difference when playing, even if it just takes the edge of the nervous going into a game.

before signing anyone, i felt like notts could compete in this league. the signings we have made give us a lot of depth and quality.

i think if we can maintain this fight of going top of the league come christmas, we should most certainly be in another promotion battle.

• Like 5
  • Love 4

• Followers:  11
  • Content Count:  8,785
  • Days Won:  193
  • 𝕏:  twitter @piethagoram

There are tough teams in this league which will be challenging for the top 3 : Gillingham, Swindon, Wrexham, Stockport, MK Dons, AFC Wimbledon

• Like 8

The difference will be those converting draws to wins. We really need to be winning every home league game.... Put the EFL Trophy to one side...

• Like 6

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  77
  • Days Won:  0

27 minutes ago, Piethagoram said:

There are tough teams in this league which will be challenging for the top 3 : Gillingham, Swindon, Wrexham, Stockport, MK Dons, AFC Wimbledon

Right now, I reckon there are two key points to consider. First, how teams will beef up in the January transfer window, and second, how Notts can keep up with the strong starts made by Gillingham and Swindon Town. The first 23 games, I reckon, will just set the stage for the final run-in. It’s a relief to have some of the tougher sides out of the way already, though I’m a bit on edge about the Wrexham match as they’re getting better all the time.

• Like 7

The revelation of Brindley playing in the middle of the back 3, has even surprised a seasoned watcher like myself. Will Macari and Tipton get a look in now, probably at RCB...

Will we still seek the defender from Drogheda, when his contract expires? If he is as good as the stats imply, I would be confident of at least top 7, even top 3!

• Like 5

End of November will be a good indication as to where we will be at.... still hopeful of a FA Cup run, a Langstaff hat trick at Old Trafford could add a few million on his value!!!

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

• Followers:  5
  • Content Count:  1,138
  • Days Won:  2

Though it’s still early days, you can already see the progress we’re making. Last season, our squad thrived in the face of tough competition, pushing themselves to excel as a team. It seems to be the same case this season, but we must maintain our current form. Our home performance is typically strong, so it’s not a cause for concern. However, we need to ensure we keep up our form when playing away from home, which I’m confident we can do.

• Like 7

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  629
  • Days Won:  1

It's difficult to contain the excitement, however, I'm making a conscious effort not to get ahead of myself. Eight games in, and we are performing exceptionally well. It's a stark contrast to the situation after the first game, where some were calling for Luke Williams to be sacked. There were even predictions of relegation, though not from people here.

Nevertheless, I'm aware that just as quickly as we've found our winning streak, breaking out of any lapses in form could present a challenge. It all comes down to how we approach each game, taking one match at a time.

Looking ahead, hopefully by the time Christmas rolls around, we'll have reason to celebrate. Whether we are sitting at the top of the league or at least within the top three, it will be a testament to our hard work and perseverance.

• Like 4
  • Love 2

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  3,461
  • Days Won:  18
  • 𝕏:  twitter TheSkipperNCFC

I am absolutely thrilled with the progress and outcomes we’ve achieved so far. Our hard work and determination, particularly after the initial match, have propelled Nottingham to its current position. The unwavering support from our fans has undoubtedly played a significant role in our success.

The training regimen implemented by Luke Williams and his team has been nothing short of miraculous. Their efforts have transformed the way Nottingham plays football. It’s exhilarating to witness such a dynamic shift in our performance, especially considering that not too long ago, our matches were deemed monotonous.

As many have noted, there is still a considerable journey ahead of us. However, the fact that we are consistently scoring well-executed goals and demonstrating improved defensive strategies is a promising sign. Our midfield has been exceptional, providing a solid foundation for our team’s success.

While we should celebrate our achievements thus far, it’s crucial that we maintain our focus and continue to strive for improvement. While the path ahead may present challenges, there are certainly encouraging indications.

• Like 3
  • Love 2

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,773
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

It is indeed early days, no one can deny that we have started amazingly well, however there is a long way to go and lots of things can happen to affect our progress. If we can keep our key players fit and keep hold of Langstaff in January there is no reason to believe that we can’t finish high in the league and even gain promotion.

• Like 4
  • Love 2

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,007
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

It's awesome to see how we have turned around our opening day defeat, hard work from everyone has got us to this point and whilst I encourage everyone to get behind it. I am mindful of what happens if a couple of results don't go our way. Whatever the case, Notts will be up there I believe come the end of the season.

I am hoping we can maintain a battle for the league title, however, I will take each game as it comes and reflect as we go. It won't stop me getting excited, singing or encouraging our support.

We have had 4 good seasons under the Reedtz brothers, potenially a fifth this campaign if all goes well.

Let's just enjoy the ride! COYP!!

@Richo Hey, hey... Don't rain on our parade, Cecil. ;) 

• Like 2