Everton 10 points deducted, breach of FFP

Piethagoram

• Followers:  25
  • Content Count:  30,365
  • Days Won:  1,063
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

I am not all up-to-date with regard to Everton, but they seem to have massively declined after spending a considerable amount and almost making the top 5.

I don't think the FFP rules work in principle because there's no accountability until the records are sent in, therefore some clubs may risk overspending and try to cover it up. Some might have the intention of making the money back and failing but football club finances should be made publicly available for starters. I mean, not when they hand over reports, and they are reviewed. I mean instantly to the officials and not long after if required for accountability.

The more something can be checked on a quicker basis, the easier it will be to fine issues and speak directly to the club to address them or issue time. Therefore, clubs may be less risky.

• Like 6

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  13,082
  • Days Won:  162

how many clicks just to get to a page where you can listen to the podcast? wow, considering i would not say i am put off by excessive clicks in general i did stop after the 7th page opening. i think most would not get to the 3rd or 4th.

https://podcasts.apple.com/gb/podcast/the-rest-is-football/id1701022490

interesting podcast but it sounds like some of it was recorded in a bathroom.

on the subject of everton, they were lucky last season and this time round it could be the one which sees them relegated to the championship. i hate to say it but i think luton will end up doing them a favour by going down instead. :( 

• Like 4

• Followers:  5
  • Content Count:  1,167
  • Days Won:  3

In my view, it’s beneficial when teams like Everton leave the Premier League as it provides opportunities for clubs like Luton Town to make their mark. I’m optimistic that Blackburn and Coventry will make a comeback one day. It would also be a welcome change to see a few London clubs stepping down.

• Like 3

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  65

On 22/11/2023 at 17:21, KingWilliams said:

In my view, it’s beneficial when teams like Everton leave the Premier League as it provides opportunities for clubs like Luton Town to make their mark. I’m optimistic that Blackburn and Coventry will make a comeback one day. It would also be a welcome change to see a few London clubs stepping down.

Thanks but let Everton stay in PL :)

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  65

Few words about Nottm Forest - Everton game. 
My friend visits all away Everton games for few years already, and when Forest promoted to PL it was new interesting direction to go. But he told me that all of them had not really good experience this time as well as last visit. They were surprised how Nottm fans rude are. There were many chants about poor damn unemployed scousers by Forest fans at City Ground.
And he said that there are not so many places where they meet disrespectful attitude of the home supporters: Leicester, Manchester City, Chelsea, Newcastle and now Nottingham.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

• Followers:  11
  • Content Count:  8,404
  • Days Won:  194
  • 𝕏:  twitter @Robbie_NCFC

Supporter+

I think my views on the supposed FFP rules are well known. Everton get the deduction, probably Forest will now follow, with Everton getting a further reduction.

Question on everyone's lips is when are Man City and Chelsea going to be brought to task? The answer will be probably never. They are both just two big and when billions are involved, money talks unfortunately.