Where are they now : Romello Nangle....... in the Clink

Piethagoram

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,921
  • Days Won:  162

i can see the term for someone who shots themselves in the leg being "what a nangle" or "what a way to nagle yourself". 😂

i remember him speaking about how he used to be involved with gangs in the meadows and sneinton area of nottingham. thing is, i always thought he was promising but his career might have fallen short to his off the field antics and his capacity to think.

• Haha 5

• Followers:  11
  • Content Count:  8,782
  • Days Won:  193
  • 𝕏:  twitter @piethagoram

Recall former #Notts players like Rachid Harkouk serving time and the late Mick Vinter ( suspended prison sentence)

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,773
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

I’ve heard the expression “shooting your self in the foot” but didn’t realise it was an actual thing. :biggrin:

• Haha 4

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  3,392
  • Days Won:  18

At the end of the day, we all make our own choices and have to live with the consequences. It's a right old shame about Romello Nangle, though. He was a cracking young player, and always gave his all on the pitch. But, as they say, 'you reap what you sow'. If he's made mistakes, then he's got to pay the price. Still, I reckon he'll come out of this a stronger person. He's young enough to turn his life around and make something of himself yet. Let's just hope he takes this opportunity to reflect on his actions and sorts himself out.

• Like 6

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  495
  • Days Won:  1

Romello Nangle nearly mangles his foot after shooting himself short. Just imagine that headline!

• Like 2

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  1,059
  • Days Won:  54

Yeah, shooting himself is rather quite stupid but it's actually quite sad he's not had a purposeful career to get into after his football one didn't take off. It's hard for young players, especially when they get rejected, I know from having a friend who was in an academy as a 17/18 year old you dedicate your time and effort into getting a pro-deal and even when you get one that's just the start, it's still incredibly tough to make it. Life after football is not something you want to think about but realistically you do need a fall back plan.

Anyway I'm just glad he wasn't able to cause any serious harm to some innocent person with the shotgun. 

• Like 1
  • Love 2

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  187
  • Days Won:  2

Ah, Romello Nangle - what a character! I remember him from his time at Notts. He was always a bit of a wild card, but he had a lot of heart and gave his all on the pitch. Shame things didn't work out for him in the end, and it's a shame he's resorted to crime.

• Like 2

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,007
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

He seemed a nice lad, when I used to pictures for Notts - he always seemed happy and polite. I had heard there was a reputation, with his background but I always hoped he would come good. Was it Iceland where Notts toured and he scored that wonder goal?

His troubles now may very well come from who he's around and the pressure of succeeding in football.

Even the money he was on back then would have been nice for a young lad, when you earn a decent wage and lose it, it's hard for some to accept it. I wouldn't be surprised if that's why he fell into selling drugs. I feel for him, it's daft and wrong but it shows how people can dip into bad areas.

• Like 1