Tifos (stadium displays)

Callumpie

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  4
  • Days Won:  0

I've been watching the Newcastle document recently and one episode included the fan group WAR flags. Essentially a fan funded group dedicated to improving the atmosphere in the ground with things like flags, banners and big displays.

Its a massive thing across mainland Europe especially Italy and Spain and we are now seeing it creep into English football.

Although painful to admit, our red neighbours do a fantastic job with the Forza Garibaldi group.

Newcastle have WAR flags, Aberdeen the union bears, Juventus have Bianconeri and our neighbours Forza Garibaldi.

With the drive to create a better atmosphere at Meadow Lane do you think something like this would appeal to our supporters? 

Is it something the OSA should do or a stand alone group maybe affiliated with the OSA
£1.25 a month over say 2000 members, you can get a hell of a lot of flags and banners with £30,000  (Yes I've had a look)

• Like 6
  • Love 3
  • Sad 1

• Followers:  25
  • Content Count:  30,365
  • Days Won:  1,063
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

I know the OSA donated the new KOP flag which is impressive when the conditions are right to get it out.

1 hour ago, Callumpie said:

With the drive to create a better atmosphere at Meadow Lane do you think something like this would appeal to our supporters? 

Yes, I do. I think many fans would be interested in getting something sorted for the KOP.

I think it would work best if everyone worked together though maybe a club initiative, which the OSA may be able to organise. The main thing is to get people working together, as I can see some fans wanting to do it by themselves. Which I just feel personally that it would be as if we came together as fans.

• Like 8

• Followers:  5
  • Content Count:  1,167
  • Days Won:  3

I’m not certain, it seems like a move larger clubs can execute successfully, and I doubt we have the fan base to pull it off, to be honest.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

• Followers:  3
  • Content Count:  634
  • Days Won:  2

It’s a tough pill to swallow, but we might be too small to manage such a thing with banners. The club has had issues with the KOP flag, which took a while to reappear after it vanished for a long period! I believe we need to establish ourselves as a solid League One club. I’m also uncertain if Notts fans can collaborate in this manner.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  5,501
  • Days Won:  287

Why not? There are plenty of clubs in Germany with fanbases similar to or smaller than Notts who manage this. It's usually a relatively small, dedicated group of fans who get the ball rolling (my only concern here is that many English clubs' fan bases are comparatively old). When clubs do it through their marketing departments it's rather plastic. But it's amazing what you can achieve if you take the initiative.

The slogans on the one below read "declared dead a thousand times - but today you'll be proven wrong!", so quite fitting for us too :D this was at a promotion play-off game (that went badly wrong), but they do five or six during normal games too.

The best bit is at the minute mark:

• Like 4
  • Love 2

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  751
  • Days Won:  2

It should be a goal for fans to collaborate. I believe it could work if people volunteered to help. This might contribute to creating a more vibrant atmosphere.

• Like 4

• Content Count:  5,501
  • Days Won:  287

Also, the tifos you see elsewhere are quite rough and ready when you see them up close, they're not like banners designed to be used for years. Quite a lot of bin bags get used :D

• Like 5

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  3,517
  • Days Won:  18
  • 𝕏:  twitter TheSkipperNCFC

I fully support this idea. It would be wonderful to have at Meadow Lane. We could create a display about our relegation from the Football League and how Christoffer and Alexander Reedtz revitalised us, making us an appealing club to watch.

• Like 4

• Content Count:  4,786
  • Days Won:  27

I’m in favour of this idea too. Meadow Lane could look fantastic with some art like this, especially next to the large KOP flag. It would be nice to utilise the unused seats on match days in a creative way that looks better than empty seats.

• Like 3

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  13,082
  • Days Won:  162

it looks doable, if the kop flag was centre and the rest was handled by fans lower it could work well. i think the biggest issue is motivation tho.

• Like 2

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  389
  • Days Won:  0

If the club desires it, it could be accomplished, but it requires setting up communication between groups and fans who want to make a positive impact together.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

• Followers:  11
  • Content Count:  8,404
  • Days Won:  194
  • 𝕏:  twitter @Robbie_NCFC

Supporter+

It seems to work for our neighbour across the Trent, so why not for us?