Turkish League Football Halted

Fan of Big Tone

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,958
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

Referee punched: Turkish FA halts league football after club president hits Super Lig official https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/67688071

• Like 3
  • Haha 2
  • Surprised 2
  • Sad 1

• Followers:  20
  • Content Count:  8,406
  • Days Won:  69

I've just seen a report of this on the telly.A clip of the incident showed the referee being punched and a general melee occurring with the referee also being kicked by someone. For once it wasn't the fans causing trouble but again they'll  be the ones who get punished though not involved.

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  176
  • Days Won:  0

Putting a complete stop to the league because of this seems a bit excessive. Imposing fines and deducting points should suffice, unless there are doubts about the fairness and legitimacy of the officiating. However, it appears to me that the president of MKE Ankaragucu is just a sore loser.

• Like 6

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  13,082
  • Days Won:  162

oh wow, what a well timed capture this is.

_131984587_gettyimages-1841161698.jpg

i should not laugh, but the picture just tickles my funny bone. i know violence and assault is not funny but this picture is amusing. it looks like one hell of a punch, from a very long reach.

also what is going on with the referees upper body? he looks like he's wearing a smaller frame american football padding.

i do think pausing the whole league is odd, but so is turkish football. they never do things that makes sense.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

• Followers:  5
  • Content Count:  1,167
  • Days Won:  3

Turkey is certainly not a place I’d like to be imprisoned for violence, but I suspect everything will be dealt with internally since it’s a football match. The culprits definitely need to be fined and banned from the game. There’s absolutely no place for such nonsense in football.

• Like 5

• Followers:  25
  • Content Count:  30,365
  • Days Won:  1,063
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

Well, the referee sounds to have been more professional.

Honestly, refraining from self-defending yourself does deserve some praise. I simply wouldn't have stood for it, but I wouldn't have just allowed people to kick me. I think FIFA needs to make sure nobody can approach the officials once a match has finished, at half-time and in moments when tensions are higher. Stewards need to be hands-on with these regards.

I know officials here wait for all the players to exit before walking down the tunnel, but that doesn't refrain players from trying to get to them or waiting.

• Like 3

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  4,786
  • Days Won:  27

This is all quite surprising, but then again, there are some suspicious occurrences in Turkey. That being said, there’s no justification for taking matters into your own hands and attacking a match official. I bet this evokes memories of our own fans from a past era when violence was more prevalent in the English leagues.

• Like 3

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  686
  • Days Won:  1

Doing that was very wrong. It did not show a good example. It was an odd thing to happen.

• Like 2

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  1,966
  • Days Won:  5

Why have they put the season on hold? Pausing the season gives the impression there’s going to be a thorough investigation. Is there some sort of corruption happening?