Riley Harbottle

Piethagoram

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  546
  • Days Won:  1

I’ve not come across him before. If he’s back in League Two, it might not speak volumes about his skill, unless he chose it based on his location. Settling in Scotland could be challenging, and moving closer to home makes sense. However, if he didn’t meet their standards, that’s a different matter.

• Like 5

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  13,082
  • Days Won:  162

nottingham born @Piethagoram, a forest academy product.

he did well for mansfield too when he was loaned to them. i dont know much about his time at wealdstone or what happened after.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

• Followers:  25
  • Content Count:  30,365
  • Days Won:  1,063
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

A few seasons back, one of my Forest supporting friends suggested that we try to take him on loan. This was before he went to Wealdstone; supposedly he was held in very high regard by Forest and thought he would be a future star from them. Maybe not good enough for the Premier League, but definitely eventually for the Championship.

It's worth noting that Hibs haven't given up on him, he's just been sent out on loan, so they will think he has plenty about him.

• Like 4

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  75
  • Days Won:  6

I saw Hibs last August - weakened side in the League Cup and just before they sacked the manager, but he looked pretty comfortable. Moving away from home has challenges, but Edinburgh must be one of the easier places to be. When I saw the move, I wondered if we might have missed out but with hindsight, if we have Warner, Macari and Baldwin then there are 3 L2 or better standard players. I'd like another but better players might help cover the weaknesses of others.

• Like 4

• Followers:  11
  • Content Count:  8,404
  • Days Won:  194
  • 𝕏:  twitter @Robbie_NCFC

Supporter+

He's played 32 games for Mansfield when they just missed out on the playoffs, 11 appearances for Wealdsone. Stuart of course would know him.

Whether he's any better than what we have looking at the amount of appearances he has is negligible. By the age of 23 you would have thought he would have established himself in a side or just moved on from Hibernian, where he cannot establish himself at present.

• Like 1

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  1,966
  • Days Won:  5

I’m not too familiar with him, but his connection to Notts is interesting. Having been part of Forest’s academy, he’s likely received high-quality coaching. I wish him the best of luck with his loan.

• Like 2

• Followers:  3
  • Content Count:  1,488
  • Days Won:  5

It’s rare for Notts to have success with relatives of former players, both in management and on the pitch. It’s similar to the relatives of more famous players - it’s one of those odd things.

• Like 2