Transfer that never happened : Jack Vale Blackburn

Piethagoram

• Followers:  8
  • Content Count:  1,054
  • Days Won:  13
  • 𝕏:  twitter @KB1862

I've seen this account on Twitter a lot recently, especially yesterday, but I wouldn't read too much into it. Doesn't seem to be very reliable with information but who knows maybe we were in for him. Considering he signed for Motherwell on loan before this, I don't know why they would have accepted a bid for him. 

• Like 4

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  13,082
  • Days Won:  162

looking at his wiki, i dont think notts missed out much on signing him. interesting to know but there is probably better free players we have missed out on.

• Like 3

@Piethagoram It's possible but I have to admit I'm surprised that bids didn't come flying in for Macca or whether the price wanted by Notts was too much for some to even try. 

• Like 2

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  1,712
  • Days Won:  36

That account throws out so much junk that some of it will hit the mark, personally I think this one is nonsense as he had already gone to Motherwell.

I have a pie in the sky theory about Macca @KB1862.
Middlesbrough were after a striker and I reckon Macca’s agent warned him that they were serious. Macca in the past has made some rather disparaging remarks about them in his twitter account. Lo and behold, Macca suddenly deletes his twitter account. Bid comes in, Notts say no thanks, not enough.

Now I may be putting 2&2 together and getting 22, but it does make you wonder.

• Like 4

@Fozzy Wasn't that Sunderland? Because I remember seeing a few posts of him posting about Sunderland and then Sunderland fans tweeting about him deleting the comments and being confident they were going to sign him.

Maybe it was both clubs but I do agree that someone has obviously come in for him but Notts declined the offer. There was a speculative rumour floating around that Notts had rejected a £3m offer from an unnamed Championship club early in January. So it could be either of those I guess. There was certainly a lot of interest. Bolton, Birmingham, Middlesbrough, Sunderland amongst the main names. 

• Like 2

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  1,712
  • Days Won:  36

May have been @KB1862, I might have the two clubs mixed up. It was at a club where they all talk funny anyway 😁

• Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  3,392
  • Days Won:  18

He doesn't appear to be a suitable replacement for Macaulay Langstaff; his current record doesn't seem sufficient. Regarding deleting Twitter, it's a plausible theory, but I doubt he did it for any reason other than to shield himself from the negative tweets about Notts. Fans will express their opinions, and savvy players will distance themselves from such comments. I'd confidently bet on this.

• Like 1