Jimmy Spencer

Fan of Big Tone

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,772
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

Former Huddersfield Striker Jimmy spencer has signed on a permanent deal for the rest of the season.

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  314
  • Days Won:  16

Can't hurt, can it?

Every club needs numbers in at this stage of the season!!

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  627
  • Days Won:  11

As far as wikipedia stats go, It doesn't look like he will set the league alight. However, we all know that with the right conditions and a bit of luck, players can relaunch their careers so hopefully he has the hunger to do so.

And as @BradtheMiller says, assuming he isn't on mega money, numbers could be important (especially with the number of red cards we seem to get). I can't imagine a player who was recently released will be at the top of the wage bill, as it's not like they have much of a bargaining tool.

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  3,589
  • Days Won:  75

spencer-huddersfield-2-640x48080-1337871

PUBLISHED

16:00 3rd February 2014

Notts County Football Club is delighted to announce the signing of former Huddersfield Town striker James Spencer on a contract until the end of the current campaign.

Spencer was released by the Terriers ahead of the transfer window’s closure, which has allowed him to join Notts on a permanent deal. 

Highly rated by the County management team, the 22-year-old will add quality to the County attack ahead of a crucial few months for the club.

Spencer will wear the number 16 shirt at Meadow Lane and will be in contention for a start in this weekend’s Sky Bet League 1 encounter with Coventry City.

Read more at http://www.nottscountyfc.co.uk/news/article/jimmy-spencer-signs-for-notts-county-1337893.aspx#xyZhBDJCWqDc68tz.99

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,993
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

I had seen this going around on deadline day from friends on FB, I assumed it was either a rumour or one of those deals which might not happen.

I'll take him, if my memory serves me correct he's been about a bit for a 22 year old.

I'm actually very happy, let's see how he does and some strikers come into light when a club offers an opportunity which he should get with us. The lad comes with some glowing comments, I read about him on one of their fan sites (private site) and they was discussing how he was doing. It dated from when he first arrived on the scene for them, so it gave quite a bit of detail. Good Luck to him!

Not a bad signing by any means. A frontman can only score goals if the service is provided for him though. He may come good, he may not. We'll have to wait and see. It's no good writing him off before he's kicked a ball for us. Maybe this is a bad habit of Notts fans in general and might, only might, explain why players do leave us with a bad reputation then turn around and prove it wrong.

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,908
  • Days Won:  162

Not a bad signing by any means. A frontman can only score goals if the service is provided for him though. He may come good, he may not. We'll have to wait and see. It's no good writing him off before he's kicked a ball for us. Maybe this is a bad habit of Notts fans in general and might, only might, explain why players do leave us with a bad reputation then turn around and prove it wrong.

well said!

i think we need to be looking at players like this, it wont cost us the earth and we can try to get the best out of them. we might unearth a player who could become a someone, they all start somewhere and i wish him the best during his time with us.

• Content Count:  47
  • Days Won:  1

Don't think I've seen him play. Still only young and makes the squad bigger. Let's hope he can make some sort of impact and be

Iucky for us. Just hope he is involved more than some players we have had this season who were not good enough to get a sniff of first team action.

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  1,333

Very Very Excited about this. 22 years old and comes recommended, perhaps he can thank us for giving him a chance. 

Good luck Jimmy 

• Content Count:  486
  • Days Won:  3

I've followed football very closely over the years and I've watched a lot of games involving other teams than Notts. Granted, during the last 3 or 4 seasons I've done a lot less travelling around observing players.

I can honestly say that I can't recall ever seeing this bloke play, although I guess I must have done - I'll check my team sheet records later! I've certainly never heard his named mentioned amongst "scouts" that I know as "one to watch", which given his age seems a tad surprising tbh.

Again, I find it fascinating that people offer opinions that he is good, bad or indifferent despite never actually seeing him play! My view would be, "never heard of him, not noticed him - so I'd like to see him in action before making any judgement or drawing a conclusion". Hopefully, our management duo have identified someone who might provide a much needed spark up front and offer a greater goal threat than Enoch! Time will tell, we'll see.

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,993
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

Playing well, he looks like a proper player. Let's build him up and stand by him, this lad could be the striker we've all wanted.

His goal!!! Brilliant!

Man of the match!

• Content Count:  486

Man of the match!

Without a doubt!

The best display from a striker for years - since Lee Hughes was terrorising defenders, that's for sure.

That is what a striker should do, so I hope we are never subjected to some of the utter dross we've been watching all season ever again. Spencer did more in the first half than .Haynes or Showumni have managed all season.

Mullins surprised me tho', genuine composure and a quality touch - not use do that from Fotheringham!

• Content Count:  627

If he can keep up that level of performance for the rest of the season, it'd be hard to argue against his starting position.

He did well in all aspects, winning the ball in the air, had some great first touches to get the ball under control and his goal was class!

• Followers:  20
  • Content Count:  8,290
  • Days Won:  69

Playing well, he looks like a proper player. Let's build him up and stand by him, this lad could be the striker we've all wanted.

His goal!!! Brilliant!

Man of the match!

Without a doubt!

The best display from a striker for years - since Lee Hughes was terrorising defenders, that's for sure.

That is what a striker should do, so I hope we are never subjected to some of the utter dross we've been watching all season ever again. Spencer did more in the first half than .Haynes or Showumni have managed all season.

Mullins surprised me tho', genuine composure and a quality touch - not use do that from Fotheringham!

If he can keep up that level of performance for the rest of the season, it'd be hard to argue against his starting position.

He did well in all aspects, winning the ball in the air, had some great first touches to get the ball under control and his goal was class!

So he played well did he?  :rollonfloorlaughing:  He certainly has a lot to live up to now judging by the comments above.

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  2,743

It sounds like all the new players did well!

• Content Count:  173
  • Days Won:  2

He sounds a very promising player and he scored on his debut.

We have one currently very happy striker!

Archived