Loan, returning to parent club

Luca Ashby-Hammond

Jaden Warner

Charlie Colkett

• Like 3

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  1,144
  • Days Won:  17

Nothing about Jim being offered a coaching position I'll Be Very Disappointed if a Huge Effort isn't made by the Club to keep Jim at Lane. Unless he's been offed a position and as Turned it Down. But there's Nothing about that either.

• Like 3

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,773
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

Looks like a massive rebuilding of the squad, out with the old and in with the new, it’s pretty ruthless but I agree with most of it, really sad to see Jim go though. 

It should be an interesting summer.

• Like 4

• Followers:  11
  • Content Count:  8,781
  • Days Won:  193
  • 𝕏:  twitter @piethagoram

Personally, I don't think we have been ruthless enough...

I would have added these to "available for transfer"

Sam Slocombe

Kyle Cameron

Adam Chicksen

Junior Morias

• Like 3

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  7,489
  • Days Won:  166
  • 𝕏:  twitter @Robbie_NCFC

Supporter+

1 hour ago, Wheelbarrow repair man said:

Nothing about Jim being offered a coaching position I'll Be Very Disappointed if a Huge Effort isn't made by the Club to keep Jim at Lane. Unless he's been offed a position and as Turned it Down. But there's Nothing about that either.

Trouble is we have many coaches now. Would there be room for him?

• Like 1

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  2,655
  • Days Won:  89

I'm not sure on Baldwin, even still. Ah well. His pace gets us out many a sticky situation, unfortunately he puts us in half those sticky situations to be begin with.

Very sad some of those players that came up with us won't be here, from a sentimental standpoint. 

Not sure how Morias isn't transfer listed.

• Like 3

Supporter+
8 minutes ago, Super_Danny_Allsopp said:

Not sure how Morias isn't transfer listed.

He must have a good agent that got him a three year contract.

• Like 2

Supporter+

I'm very happy with that list. No complaints at all.

I'm sorry that players who were involved in getting us promotion last year are going, but the club has to move on 

Stuart Maynard would have been involved in that decision making, it's quite ruthless, & it definitely demonstrates the players that he wants & those he wants to be let go.

Some of the players that have been retained may go in the summer if out of this World offers come in, but I hope it's not the case.

Maybe Notts should have been just as brutal last summer with letting players go.

I am now looking forward to the new additions and who they will be. Exciting times 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  5,444
  • Days Won:  287

It's sad to see more of the promotion winners leaving. Jimbo was a player we could all identify with; he's already an academy coach at Sheffield United and I expect him to continue that. Baldwin and Bostock are two big reasons why we were promoted. Bostock surprises me most there - he's been poor this season since his injury, but he's got the quality for this level and beyond. He's the one I think we're most likely to see again in L2 next season.

While it's sad to say goodbye, the promotion season is over and, unlike this time last season, there's no question that we need to make changes if we're going to compete. With six players leaving (or potentially nine if the transfer-listed players go), there's scope to give the squad a proper and much-needed facelift. It'll be fascinating to see who comes in.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,000
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

4 hours ago, Piethagoram said:

Personally, I don't think we have been ruthless enough...

I would have added these to "available for transfer"

Sam Slocombe

Kyle Cameron

Adam Chicksen

Junior Morias

I think Sam Slocombe would be of benefit to us if we added him to the transfer list, alongside Adam Chicksen.

Chicksen can be a great player, but we have only had one top season from him and that was under Luke Williams during our National League promotion campaign. Prior, he was very average and had been flirting with fans released list. He's a good player on his day, but we need someone more consistent and up for the fight to push players to be at their best - rather than being selected only when you are at your best.

Junior Morias showed that when given a chance he could contribute, and I think under Stuart Maynard he might just get that chance. I don't know what's kept him out of the team, but I don't think these injury talks have always been the case. There's room for Morias to feature, and his pace could be a very useful asset, as is his eye for the back of the net.

I believe a lot of people are harsh on Kyle Cameron (on social media), next season I am hoping for him to show that he can be a vital player for us. He's a good captain. Nobody can question that because all the players have stated that they wanted him to be it. I don't think we've had many leaders who are suitable, I mean Jim O'Brien would have been ideal at the beginning of his time, but we have stepped away from players like that. Sam Austin in time could be a decent call, but I don't think Dan Crowley, Macaulay Langstaff, Matt Palmer or Scott Robertson fall at that level.

As for those released, it makes sense. I don't think we can say goodbye to Jim until we know for sure that he won't be joining as a staff member.

Richard Brindley is a great guy and a very good right back, but he just doesn't fit our system, and it makes sense for him to pursue his playing time. I really hope he attracts a good club, that he can do well and settle within.

Connell Rawlinson perhaps should have gone sooner, but it was fair to give him a chance after our promotion. I wish him all the best, it's not his character or ability but his pace and how he fits into our back three. He should do perfectly fine elsewhere, especially at a club that doesn't expect their defenders to play it out from the back.

Aden Baldwin is a surprise, but he has made quite a few mistakes, which I do feel he tends to do more positive about in his play when those don't happen, but I can understand that we want a defender who is a bit more switched on. His passing ability may be hard to replace, as he seems quite natural on the ball at the back and could defend quite well - it's just those concentration relapses, slipping over and mistakes which seem to have cost him. It wouldn't surprise me if he ends up with a League one club, more time to do the right things, he should find a club easy.

I'm not bothered about those I haven't mentioned.

• Like 3

• Content Count:  1,703
  • Days Won:  36

Pretty much nailed it for me with the list. I think Chicksen’s versatility saved him from being listed but I only expect him to be a bit part player next season, and listing Stone over Slocombe is the right choice.

Sorry to see JB go, as he is just a great person, but on a footballing stand point it is the correct decision. Jim has left the club looking at the owners statement on right time to part ways, real shame but correct playing wise decision again. Baldwin I think would be OK in a side that just wants its defenders to do the basics, but we ask too much of them for their ability, plus his boots can’t keep him on his feet.

I look at who we have left at the club (with 17 senior pros and 2 young players) and think that’s not a bad line up to have at this level. Add some serious defenders, a quality goalkeeper and a couple of midfielders, and we will have a quality side. The key is to recruit better than what we currently have (midfield will be difficult to), so the first signing will be massive.

I look at the forwards and I just cannot think where Morias would get in with Macca, Jatta, Scott and Didzy all in front of him, I can see him either being sold or out on long term loan. Why do we need five strikers, unless something has been pre agreed?

As for Randall, obviously his shopping and restaurant posts haven’t gone down too well with the management, he should have spent more time staying fit!

• Like 3

Supporter+

@Fozzy

I think Morias will be loaned out next season if he's fit, or he will be sold on if an offer comes in.

• Like 2

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,773
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

Morias has never been given a proper run in the side but I suppose that’s understandable given the quality we have up front.

• Like 4

• Followers:  8
  • Content Count:  1,054
  • Days Won:  13
  • 𝕏:  twitter @KB1862

Baldwin being released is a tricky one. Had it not been for his 2 goals against Boreham Wood, we might not even be back in the EFL and he's a good asset for us but he's made quite a few calamitous errors this season that have cost us. 

Hopefully it is not the last we're going to see of JOB either. He's been a solid player for us over the years maybe a place on the coaching staff in the near future.

Not surprised to see Stone on the transfer list, he has had one or 2 good games but there have been many occasions in which he's proved to be a very unreliable goalkeeper.