Stats From the Season

Posted (edited)

For those who hate stats, and are only concerned by the wins & losses look away now!

You can look at them and see how we rank compared to other teams here: https://www.fotmob.com/en-GB/teams/9819/stats/notts-county/teams

I’ve picked out a few eye-catching ones, it starts off really bad and gets slowly better, so…

We rank as the worst team in the league when it comes to:

Penalties conceded: 17!
That’s 8 more penalties than the next worse who were Walsall with 9! The average is about 6 so we’ve basically given away 11 goals!

Possession won in the final third: 2.8 (times per match).
Now this really surprised me, because this is supposed to be a big part of our style of play but statistically we were the worst at it! I guess when the board referenced defending from the front this is the type of thing they were referring too. Mansfield were the best with an average of 5.1.

We made the least number of successful tackles, 6.3 per match. The next worse side were Sutton and there’s a bit of a jump as they scored 7.8. The average is about 9.5 here.

Also, we only ranked 15th when it came to touches in the oppositions box. Interestingly Mansfield, Wrexham and Stockport were the top 3 here, so this is something that would seemingly need to improve next season.

We were 1st for accurate passes 526.4 per game, in fact we were considerably higher than anyone else and made over 100 more accurate passes per game than MK who were 2nd. Interestingly, Wrexham, Mansfield, Stockport and Crawley were all in the top 7.

We all know that attacking wise the stats were very good, but clearly there's lots to improve on that will help push up the table next season; the possession won in the final third, our tackling and not giving away almost 20 penalties will help massively!

Edited by menzinho
  • Like 3

Supporter+

We'll put together @menzinho some very interesting revelations in your article. It clearly shows where Notts need to improve if they are to challenge next season.

The number of conceded penalties probably made the difference between us getting into the playoffs and not doing so. 

The least number of successful tackles than those we were competing with is a big factor too. 

We clearly need to recruit the type of players that can tackle, are strong and can deal with the physicality of this league.

• Like 1

Supporter+

Interesting stuff @menzinho I love it. :clapping:

• Like 1
  • Love 1

when we watch how we pass the ball, there is no doubt we would have more of the possession in our own half and this upcoming season it needs to be improved. we need to be braver going forward, less afraid of losing the ball. 70+ percent in our own half shows the lack of attacking effort. i really feel with a stronger defence, less pressure on creating chances will give our better players more freedom.

• Like 2