Ground duels won - 83/143 (58%)

Aerial duels won - 119/207 (57.5%)

• Like 5

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  7,753
  • Days Won:  173
  • 𝕏:  twitter @Robbie_NCFC

Supporter+

Thomas would be a very good capture for Notts if they can agree terms with him.

I think we are beginning to get a picture of the type of defenders, Notts are looking for.

Notts have definitely learned lessons from last season and are now trying to put things right.

• Like 4

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  1,197
  • Days Won:  17

His stats look pretty decent and he could link up well with Matt Platt making a tough looking Defence for Notts. That is of course if the Recruitment team can convince him to come to the Lane. I wonder what his Leadership qualities are?

• Like 3

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  1,073
  • Days Won:  54

From what I can gather he played a bit at left back too so I wonder if he'd be well suited to a LCB role in our system. It would give some real competition for Kyle Cameron, I think last season this was a bit of an issue too. When everyone was fit, the back 3 pretty much selected itself - not a position you want to be in.

• Like 4

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,171
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

He did well at AFC Wimbledon but other than that, I don't know much about him. 28-years-old should offer some experience, and he seems like the right height that we need. I had a previous interest in watching Wimbledon due to them rising the leagues and all the focus they had, so I do recall him being a strong player that did well for them. Ideally, he's composed and comfortable on the ball.

• Like 4

Supporter+

Not interested. He didn't choose Notts. 

Let's concentrate on the players that have joined Notts, and will join Notts.

• Like 1

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  31
  • Days Won:  0

If Notts were in talks with Terell Thomas but lost out to Carlisle, are Notts struggling to attract players due to how they finished in the league last season?

In an interview towards the end of last season Maynard said that it was important to finish well to remain an attractive option during the off season, is this having an impact maybe? Or is it early days and the that the transfer window has only just opened.

• Like 1

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  1,073
  • Days Won:  54

We don’t know if we ever actually offered him a contract or if he really was a serious target, it's all just speculation... But for arguments sake if he was from what I can interpret from some of the interviews from the board we won’t ever pay over the odds for a player. It’s feels like the club sticks a value on player in terms of what they are worth, so if Carlisle offered more money that’s on them, but we’d see it as overpaying and move onto the next target.

We also signed Bedeau, maybe he was our top-target and Thomas was the back-up, we’ll never know! Anyway I’m pretty happy as we’re well covered with players who can play at LCB right now.

• Like 2

Supporter+

We already have acquired two excellent centre backs so Notts don't have to pay over the odds for another one.

If we are going to pay a transfer fee for a player, I would for a good goalkeeper. There is lots of competition to acquire a decent goalie at this time.

We have to bare in mind that we already have Chicksen and Cameron who can play as a centre back or wingback.

Ideally we need another right footed player who could play in the centre of defence or right wing back.

Notts do their business quietly and in private, so I'm confident that they will be talking to players they are interested in, & it won't be long before we see more players coming in.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  1,706
  • Days Won:  36

Personally I’m not that fussed he’s gone there, sounds like he is left footed and we now have Bedeau and Cameron on the left, it’s the right side we need to concentrate on now.

If we have signed four or five quality starting XI players by the beginning of July I think we will be well placed. There will still be two months of the window left in order to finalise the squad, but some will depend on Rawlo, Stone and the day tripping shopper finding clubs.

• Like 2

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,964
  • Days Won:  162

we dont want to overdo the defenders we sign but this could have been another good signing and one that may have secured the defensive additions notts needed. i am not that bothered we did not sign him, but carlisle securing it says a lot about their ambitions to attract good defenders themselves. i trust notts to ensure we sign the right players, so i dont see this as a major loss.

as others have said, we dont know if any talks were held or even if a contract was offered from us.

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  17
  • Days Won:  0

On 17/06/2024 at 21:33, Pies79 said:

If Notts were in talks with Terell Thomas but lost out to Carlisle, are Notts struggling to attract players due to how they finished in the league last season?

In an interview towards the end of last season Maynard said that it was important to finish well to remain an attractive option during the off season, is this having an impact maybe? Or is it early days and the that the transfer window has only just opened.

I was surprised that he chose Carlisle which will be some of the longest away games in the football league. Notts always have the fact they are East Midlands based, on the M1 which is a selling point for some.

Then again, the cynic in thinks, because the news of Notts' interest in TT was via media speculation, it only underlines the notion that Agents release information about interest, offers and counter offers - speculative or fake - to the media to make serious parties increase offers, bids alongside terms and conditions. 

we could all do with an excellent agent. Like TT.

• Like 1