Job cuts at Man Utd

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  1,144
  • Days Won:  17

What do Man Utd Expect? They spend silly money on Transfers, it seems every player who becomes available is a Target for them. They've given Kobbie Mainoo a new contract quadrupling his weekly wage, Erik Ten Haag isn't going to come cheap, when they finally get round to offering him an improved contract. Old Trafford is Falling Apart and the ordinary worker is the one who's going to find themselves Out Of A Job.

• Like 4
  • Love 2

• Followers:  3
  • Content Count:  580
  • Days Won:  2

There is a need for Old Trafford to undergo repairs or some form of reconstruction. However, when they recruit players for unreasonable prices, it’s the stadium and the staff who bear the brunt. The fans should strive to make the club heed their concerns.

• Like 6
  • Sad 1

@DeadlyMacca

It would seem ever since the Glaziers took over, United have been on the Slippery Slope Downwards, with the occasional  Bright moment. The Appointment of Jim Ratcliffe doesn't seem to have had the desired effect either. How long before we see another Fans revolt against the current Owners?

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  7,487
  • Days Won:  166
  • 𝕏:  twitter @Robbie_NCFC

Supporter+

Man U may be regarded as one of the big six, but their iconic Old Trafford ground is literally falling to pieces, & when it rains it is impossible to stay in those seats impacted by water from holes in the roof.

Apparently, the repairs & improvements are going to cost £50 million. I suspect this money will be lent from the shareholders.

And Man U are still after new players too. The pressure for success never ends.

• Like 5

@Robbie

50 Million? Why would the Owners let the Stadium get into that sort of Disrepair? The Comfort and Safety  Of The Fans Must Come First, because they are the Be All and End All of Everything. Because without the Fans there would Be No Football Club. The F.A. need to Investigate this and where ever the Damage is that Area should be Closed To Fans until Repairs are Fully Carried Out. What the Hell would happen if a Fan(s) seated in that part of the Ground were injured in anyway due to the Damage?

• Like 2

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  3,517
  • Days Won:  9

I’m surprised they aren’t making more cutbacks. The club has been squandering money on transfer fees. It’s not as if the club has won any significant accolades recently, yet they continue to operate as if they have.

• Like 4

Supporter+
3 hours ago, Piethagoram said:

Jim Radcliffe's biggest Company has its head office in Switzerland, but is still based in the UK. Last time I heard, Switzerland is not in the EU. His Company 'Ineos,' also has 26000 employees over 26 Countries.

For tax purposes, Jim lives in Monaco, but most people would if they had a £21 billion fortune & could potentially save £4 billion in UK tax. He does spend a lot of his time in the UK despite being based in Monaco.

And Monaco isn't in the EU either.

• Like 2

• Followers:  11
  • Content Count:  8,781
  • Days Won:  193
  • 𝕏:  twitter @piethagoram

Hey @Robbie

Ineos is head quartered in London, one of my best friends works for them.

I think Terry was referring to Ineos's automotive business which abandoned Bridgend to move ALL production solely within the EU

I do have severe reservations for people that use tax havens as their domicile, when UK public services are on their knees.

This "thread" is really in support of the "little people" who work at Man United. They rely on the income from employment

• Like 2

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,000
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

What about staff like Jadon Sancho, will he be allowed to leave? Some of these silly signings could make the word of difference and enable Manchester United to retain some of the more deserved staff they intend to let go.

Some budging changes are understandable, but the way they have been operating I think it's a disgrace normal people are more affected.

• Like 3

Supporter+

More justification for a Transfer and Salary cap for football players.

• Like 1

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,915
  • Days Won:  162

i watched something where it said that manchester united needed more stewards, i think this was a few years ago and in a documentary. it highlighted the staff quite well, with people talking about sir alex ferguson and other things before the current owners arrived. what i find worrying is they probably wont stop spending silly fees.

meanwhile regular people relying on their jobs to pay the bills, wont be able to have the luxury of retaining their jobs.

• Like 2

• Followers:  3
  • Content Count:  580
  • Days Won:  2

How does letting go of canteen staff and other employees help Manchester United allocate more funds for their first team? The weekly wages of their lowest-paid player could likely cover a month’s salary for all these workers.

• Love 1