Weekend Chat - Fri 5th - Sun 7th July

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,759
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

Good morning everyone, I hope you are all well, it’s the weekend again, so what are you all up to this weekend?

Today I’ll be resting after staying up half the night to watch the election results. I must say I’m happy with the result but let’s not make this a political topic.

Tomorrow I’m hoping to do a park run but I’ll see how I feel later on, plus I’ll obviously I’ll be watching the England match.

Sunday we’ll be visiting our son and family for a meal, he has a new outdoor cooking station so hopefully the weather will hold.

Let us know what your up to this weekend or anything else you want to chat about.

• Like 5

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  7,369
  • Days Won:  161
  • 𝕏:  twitter @Robbie_NCFC

Supporter+

I'll be spending time in the garden this morning cutting the grass. Didn't look at any news for the last  48 hours. 

Switched on the news briefly this morning for the election results. Now it's back to what's important, family & home.

Looking forward to the England match and the other Quarter finals at the Euros this weekend.

Other than the gardening & watching the Euros, haven't got any other plans yet, but I'm sure something will crop up. It's always does.

• Like 5

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,961
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

Today, I am trying to motivate myself into being productive, but I have a cold (among other things).

I don't really want to rest or sleep. I hate days when I can't keep myself busy. I will probably have an early night though, as tomorrow I will be up early and helping my brother and sister-in-law move houses again. This time, Jake's helping, which will be interesting. I hope it's not a case of who moans more, him or my brother. I'll be getting on with it. Now, depending on if Jake feels "tired" or "not", we might be watching the England game with my dad.

I probably will still go, as I would enjoy the company and I appreciate the change of scenery for the previous match we watched.

Sunday, my niece and nephew are coming round again as my brother looks to settle into their new home and move stuff about. This will be nice!

• Like 5

• Content Count:  12,874
  • Days Won:  162

free weekend for me, i have no plans. my mum will be out with my aunt on sunday, they are going sheffield shopping and to visit a friend. that means no shopping, so i might be able to have a lazy weekend for once. :D 

• Like 6

Supporter+

I decided not to do the Park Run this morning, I’m still shattered after only getting about three hours sleep on election night so I’ll have a restful day today. 

It’s a shame though because I would have liked to show off my new running shirt which signifies I’ve done 100 park runs, not my age. :biggrin:

059BFC7C-358E-49ED-B977-64E9AC76A2DC.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Love 2
  • Haha 1

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  7,369
  • Days Won:  161
  • 𝕏:  twitter @Robbie_NCFC

Supporter+

I got a full night's sleep on election night. For two days before the election & on election day I didn't watch the news & logged out of my X account & muted notifications.

I only put the news on & logged back in to X at 8 am on Friday when most of the results were known.

• Like 5

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  1,885
  • Days Won:  5

I spent the weekend at the seaside, which was largely enjoyable. The signal in Chapel was rather poor, limiting my online activities. However, this turned out to be both a blessing and a hindrance. I had the opportunity to watch the England game at the Marina in Skegness.

• Like 6

Supporter+
9 hours ago, Joshua said:

I spent the weekend at the seaside, which was largely enjoyable. The signal in Chapel was rather poor, limiting my online activities. However, this turned out to be both a blessing and a hindrance. I had the opportunity to watch the England game at the Marina in Skegness.

Sounds like a great weekend @Joshua you can’t beat being at the seaside there’s something about sea air that charges the batteries.

• Like 3

I need a weekend to get over this past one.

Saturday, I hoped my brother and sister-in-law would move items to their new house. I wasn't feeling all that great, but there's no point complaining or saying you don't feel like assisting them. You just have to take it as the day comes and try to help, as moving homes is one of those things you do need support. @cheeky~k8, looked after our niece and nephew whilst myself and Jake (@super_pie) took care of loading the van they had hired with my brother.

It was nice to get some fresh air, plus to catch up with them. By the time we had finished and watched the England game, I really felt like spare parts.

Unfortunately due to feeling tired, we didn't go to watch the game at my dad's Jake didn't feel like it either, so it just made sense to stay at ours. This England squad doesn't want to make it easy watching, but I thought we looked brighter - just lacked chances and efforts on goal.

Sunday, I did nothing but recover. 😂

I have caught a cold bug, where I feel sleepy, and my noise seems to have a mind of its own. Drinking water and resting has become my best friend. Poor Kate has caught it too and she has it worse than me. :( 

• Like 5
  • Love 1
  • Sad 1

Supporter+
2 minutes ago, Chris said:

I have caught a cold bug, where I feel sleepy, and my noise seems to have a mind of its own. Drinking water and resting has become my best friend. Poor Kate has caught it too and she has it worse than me. :(

It could be covid @Chris it’s on the rise again! I hope you’re both feeling better soon.

• Like 4

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  455
  • Days Won:  2

I had a lovely weekend. Nothing much happened, but it was relaxing. This week seems like it’s going to be a bit tough, with all the panic and negativity surrounding Macaulay Langstaff’s move. I’m looking forward to the pre-season.

• Like 6

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  1,885
  • Days Won:  5

I manage to visit the seaside 4-5 times a year @Fan of Big Tone, typically for a week, but it’s also easy enough to escape the city life over the weekends. I do enjoy being in coastal areas, particularly when the weather is warm. However, when the internet connection is unreliable, it can make you feel a bit cut off. Not that spending some time offline is a bad thing, it just becomes a nuisance during the transfer period and when there’s general news about the club.

• Like 3

Supporter+
6 hours ago, Joshua said:

However, when the internet connection is unreliable, it can make you feel a bit cut off.

@Joshua it doesn’t seem that long ago to me that there was no internet at all, any news I got about Notts was from the radio or local newspapers, I’m not sure whether those days were better or not, the internet is great for some things but I do feel it has taken over our lives somewhat.

• Like 2

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  18,302
  • Days Won:  28

On 08/07/2024 at 12:13, Fan of Big Tone said:

It could be covid @Chris it’s on the rise again! I hope you’re both feeling better soon.

I checked as i needed to attend the hospital on monday and it wasnt covid.

Mines going off abit now back to my normal annoying sinusitis. I wouldnt be able to tell half the covid symptoms to my sinusitis 🤣

I was most certainly knackered that weekend though.

• Like 1
  • Love 2

Supporter+
9 minutes ago, cheeky~k8 said:

I checked as i needed to attend the hospital on monday and it wasnt covid.

Mines going off abit now back to my normal annoying sinusitis. I wouldnt be able to tell half the covid symptoms to my sinusitis 🤣

I was most certainly knackered that weekend though.

Glad it's not Covid although its not that dangerous these days especially with the jabs, glad you're feeling a bit better @cheeky~k8 👍

• Like 1
  • Love 1

It's not been nice seeing Cheeky feeling unwell; she has a lot to deal with due to her sinuses. I couldn't live with the amount of headaches and migraines that she gets, it's something which I have tried to push her to get seen for years. Unfortunately, progress was being made, but COVID delays have pushed that back.

I feel much better now. It's difficult to tell if tiredness is coming from a bug or just my body.

I look perfectly healthy, but I'm not really as able-bodied as I look. I am hoping for a quiet weekend. I still feel quite drained, but I get that from walking. I do one to have a family picnic at some point. We haven't done this for a while and having three teens can be quite a challenge to get them to do these types of things now. Also, it would be nice to get @super_ram out to Alfreton. I haven't paid respect to my grandparents for a while now. It would be nice to do that, I know this means a lot to my children too.

• Like 3

On 11/07/2024 at 14:28, Fan of Big Tone said:

Glad it's not Covid although its not that dangerous these days especially with the jabs, glad you're feeling a bit better @cheeky~k8 👍

Yes but i havent had covid jabs(needle phobia) or covid when others got it. Could be my sinusitis fighting everything off though really as its an infection itself.

How are you?

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Supporter+
2 minutes ago, cheeky~k8 said:

Yes but i havent had covid jabs(needle phobia)

Oh how I can relate to that I had serious needle phobia and I mean serious, I’d break out in a sweat just seeing a needle let alone having one. However I was so worried about catching covid I forced myself to face my worst nightmare, it was hard, very hard but I managed it and the feeling of elation afterwards was indescribable, I still get very agitated if I have to have blood tests or anything but nothing like I used to be because the more jabs I’ve had the easier it got.

• Like 2

@Fan of Big ToneI will have to face them one day when i have my op for my sinuses, removing 2 tooth roots out my sinuses(that still wont clear it or the cyst) but until then i can stay in hope that there won't be any as last time i had then it was when i had the kids and only the important ones were given, i refused the rest just like i do now. 

Dentist nearly had one half way across the room a year ago, i wouldnt let her put it near me.. i did warn her but she still tried and since hasnt bothered me with it. Im happy to keep my few out of sight broken teeth(not bothering me) than her do that.

• Love 1