• 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

• Haha 8

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  7,369
  • Days Won:  161
  • 𝕏:  twitter @Robbie_NCFC

Supporter+

Magpies are very bold birds. We get Magpies visit our garden when we are out there soaking up the sun, & one of them comes quite close to us with no fear at all.

• Like 6

• Followers:  20
  • Content Count:  8,276
  • Days Won:  69

That is hilarious @Fan of Big Tone.  We regularly get magpies in our garden , @Robbie and squirrels too. It's very entertaining looking out of the window and watching the interaction between our garden visitors, especially if a cat appears. Both the magpies and squirrels seem to taunt and tease any cat that tries to stalk them. It's a bit like a Tom and Jerry cartoon as the cat slowly creeps up and climbs the tree and is about to pounce when the magpie flies to another perch or the squirrel just does acrobatics from branch to branch and disappears in a flash. The poor cat looks bewildered and then realises it has to  try and get  back down the tree. So amusing

• Haha 6

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  5,442
  • Days Won:  287

Magpies are very intelligent, I think they're the only birdsthat can recognise their own reflections. They're beautiful, we have several of them that visit our garden to drink some water or dissect a small animal...

• Like 5

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  3,449
  • Days Won:  18
  • 𝕏:  twitter TheSkipperNCFC

Even for a magpie, that’s quite audacious and courageous. It’s a humorous clip, which leads me to ponder if the cat has had similar encounters with the magpie previously. Who can say? Nonetheless, it’s an amusing clip.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,874
  • Days Won:  162

ha haha! 😜

i love how the magpie is calm enough to act like its not even following the cat, if the cat did not react it might not be as funny and i do wonder what the magpie was aiming to do if this was the case.

• Like 3

• Followers:  9
  • Content Count:  2,456
  • Days Won:  15

Cats generally don’t appreciate being pursued, and I wager it was wondering what this silly magpie was up to. I suspect the bird was merely being playful and might have pecked at the cat’s tail given the opportunity, perhaps to instigate a chase.

Although they might be considered natural adversaries, it’s surprising how some can exhibit playful behaviour towards each other.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,961
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

Great video! Very funny that neither animal detected they were being watched/filmed. It caught something that you might not get to see otherwise.😅😂

There's a squarrel that lives near my home, which is very funny.

It does lapse of my front fence as part of its exercise, almost as if it was like the TV 'Wipeout' but without the water. One time it was doing it, I was sat in the living room looking out at the front garden and noticed there was a black cat stalking it. The Squarrel didn't bother, it just continued doing a circuit of the fence.

The cat thought it was being clever by climbing the fence which is to the street, it was acting like it was just minding its own business.

The Squarrel continued to run round the fences and along the front of my house, as it approached the cat, the cat jumped into the front garden again acting as if it was doing its own thing. The moment the squarrel reached the point where the cat had been, the cat jumped up and squarrel had reacted ahead, pushing itself up right and performing a martial art kick which would have been befitting to a scene from 'The Last Dragon'.

It stunned the cat, and it flew off the fence. The Squarrel remained in an alert position but soon went off. The cat eventually jumped back onto the fence and acted like its pride had been hurt. 😂

• Like 1