Who Could Be The Next England Manager?

• Followers:  11
  • Content Count:  8,251
  • Days Won:  189
  • 𝕏:  twitter @Robbie_NCFC

Supporter+

So who could be the next England Manager?

Let's look at some alternatives if the England Manager position becomes vacant.

Do you have an alternative?

• Like 1

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  1,287
  • Days Won:  17

A Scotsman running the England Team? Yeah Right. The Guy would never be able to return to his Native Land Again.

No Foreign Coaches. A German or An Argentinian, could you Imagine the Headlines the Gutter Press would come Up with if the England side Run by either of the two Gentlemen named should the 3 Lions Fail to Win Every match considering the History of their two Countries have with England/Britain.

Lee Carsley. No there's a World of Difference between Managing the England U 21 Side and the National Team, and working under Southgate, would that mean the Same Dreary Negative  Boring Football England Fans would have to Put Up With No Thanks.

Graham Potter. A Maybe but leaning towards a No. Not Enough Top Level Experience.

Eddie Howe. Doesn't Matter if the F.A. have to Pay Newcastle Compensation. Get the Guy signed Up Now. He's a Battler a Manager who has a Proven Fighting Spirit can get the Best out of All his Players and Make them Believe in themselves and make them Play at a High Level  Match after Match. This Guy Knows what it's like having to Produce a Winning Team on a Shoestring Budget. When The Going Gets Tough Eddie Howe Gets Going.

One other Manager Tom Williams as Failed to Mention Sean Dyche. A Manager in the Howe Mould. That's What England Need Right Now A LEADER someone to Get the 3 Lions over the Line to Finally Win a Major Trophy. I Think either Howe or Dyche Could Do It.

• Like 2
  • Love 2

Supporter+

So Gareth Southgate has resigned.

The hunt will be on for his successor.

Lee Carsley would be a good pick who is the Manager of England under 21 & has had success in winning the under 21 Euros.

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/talked-tactics-potential-next-england-29544748

• Like 1

Supporter+

Do you think the FA will go for a different approach when selecting the new England Manager, or will they go for a similar type Manager, character wise, that will just carry on with a similar style of play?

I believe that the FA should go for someone different, but I don't think they will. The continental style holds sway, & I don't think that I'll change.

What do PON members think?

• Like 2

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  13,052
  • Days Won:  162

graham potter has not done enough to warrant the position.

its like handing the role to frank lampard, steven gerrard or wayne rooney just because they were legends. none of them have enough about themselves, i think its important the role is given on merit. instead of what they could do or down to inspiration.

whoever does takeover from gareth southgate will have a straight forward task in comparison to what southgate had to do.

mauricio pochettino no.

thomas tuchel no.

having managed in england and having done elsewhere is not enough in my eyes.

its the same with jurgen klopp, although i think out of all the foreign managers he is the best. eddie howe needs more experience, landing the newcastle job will be like a dream come true with the money they will now have. he could help guide them to being one of the top six teams.

lee carsley i am not against because he fits what gareth southgate did and will know the players on the verge of becoming regular first team internationals.

• Like 3

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,908
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

I’d like to see an English Manager Eddie Howe or Shaun Dyche.

As long as they don’t come for Stuart Maynard. :panic: I’m fed up with folks poaching our managers. :joker:

• Like 2
  • Love 1

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  1,101
  • Days Won:  54

I've seen a few people already rolling their eyes at Lee Carsley on social media, but I wonder if they've actually seen his England U21 team play? I was really impressed with his England team when I watched them in the last European Championships (we won all our games no-extra time needed). Before that when England were managed by Aidy Boothroyd they got knocked out of the European Championships at the group stage, twice... 

That said, if Klopp wanted to, it would be daft to not pick him though surely! 🙃

• Like 4

• Followers:  8
  • Content Count:  1,054
  • Days Won:  13
  • 𝕏:  twitter @KB1862

Henry Winter has a good insight for the next England manager

Jurgen Klopp - Would play high pressing football. He also took on the parent role, like Southgate did, and was adored by the fans because he embraced the culture of Liverpool. He'd continue the harmony between fans and players but would he be tempted by International football? It's less intense than club football in which he wants a break from due to the tiring nature of it. Even if he wanted International management would he rather Germany only or would England be an open position for him to take on?

Poch - As in Henry Winter's post has worked with youngsters in a positive way and plays decent football. He was unlucky to be let go by Chelsea, thought he did a good job once he implemented his style.

Graham Potter - Deemed to have failed at Chelsea but it was always a tough job. People forget how good of a job he did at Brighton. He had them playing beautiful football that was good on the eye and was successful at doing so. His style laid the foundations for "De Zerbi ball" which had many people raving about Brighton. 

Eddie Howe - Plays a type of football that would be what this crop of English players would benefit from. He's stated he'd be open to taken the reigns.

Lee Carsley - Has gone through the ranks and won the Euros with the u21s. Wouldn't be a statement making appointment but could turn doubters into believers.

Pep Guardiola - very unlikely but not impossible. Only has a year left on his City contract and I'm certain he's wanting International management but doesn't want the Spain job. If the FA goes about it the right way, he might be tempted. Give him the last year at City then take the reigns afterwards with an interim taking charge of qualifiers and Nations League games beforehand. We all know how exciting and attractive his football is. Would definitely be able to get the best out of the players.

As good as players they were the likes of Steven Gerrard, Frank Lampard and Wayne Rooney shouldn't be considered but I wouldn't put it past the FA to have talks or even consider them at some point. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

When Jurgen Klopp Left Liverpool He Declared He Wouldn't Manage Another Premier League Club. 

So That Surely Includes The England National Team?

• Like 1

Supporter+

I don't think that a foreign Manager should lead England. It needs to be an English Manager because there will be no chance of a conflict of interest if England got to the latter stages of a tournament.

I really want to see a different kind of Manager appointed this time. Someone who has guided a team to some sort of success.

It doesn't have to be a PL Manager either. It has to be a person who can build a team that plays like a team yet like a club team.

There is a mistaken notion that a manager of an international team has to build a team of the best individuals available in the top league. This is not necessarily the case. For example, Notts use statistical data to recruit their players that will fit best into their style of play. The best players may not necessarily be able to do that.

I think this method should be used to choose the players to build an England side too. The players chosen should be the best team players that can be moulded into a team.

I think it is important to try to get several players from one team because it would be much easier to integrate those players, as we have seen with the Spanish team.

I say treat the England team as a club team and once the 25 players have been chosen, give them time together with plenty of match practice, to mould them into a team.

Supporter+

I wouldn't object if this man got the England job in an interim basis.

Lets Be Real. How Much Do You Think Hiring Pep would be? Southgate's Wages would look Like Peanuts Compared to what the F.A. would have to Pay the Manchester City Head Coach. I will also Stick to My Statement of NO FOREIGN COACHES. Why ? Because A Foreign Coach just won't  be fully committed to the English Cause.. Look at the Foreign Coaches England have already had. Sven Yeah he Did So So The Less said about Capello the Better.

Do you want a Rank Outsider? Look No Further than Former Notts Manager Luke Williams. He'll quickly get the Fans on side (as he did at the Lane). Earn Great Respect From his Players because His Man Management Skills are Superb. get somebody in to help him with the Defence and Bingo Everything You Need In A New Head Coach.

• Like 1

• Followers:  25
  • Content Count:  30,343
  • Days Won:  1,063
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

Lee Carsley is the only real candidate I am bothered about, Eddie Howe should be left to continue with Newcastle. If he can gain a bit more experience, he would be a good choice. The rest of the English managers are lacklustre, Graham Potters shouldn't be allowed anywhere near the national team.

He's not the answer in my humble opinion.

• Like 2

@Chris

Promoting from within doesn't always work, look at Steve Maclaren. Southgate did well with the U21's  and he could handle the Step Up, but Carsley May find the Step Up to bigger a Gap or take to it like a Duck to Water. I know Carsley has had success with the U21's but The Best Thing would be is make him Interim Manager , that way  the F.A. and the Fans will have an idea how Carsley acts under Pressure of being the National Teams Head Coach.

• Like 1

Supporter+

There's lots of chatter about Pep Guardiola being England Manager.

In my opinion it would be an unmitigated disaster if he were appointed.

The England Manager has to be home grown. The England Managers job is not just any old managers job. The person who holds the position is an important national figure.

• Like 1