Dan Crowley to MK Dons?

Robbie

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  7,441
  • Days Won:  164
  • 𝕏:  twitter @Robbie_NCFC

Supporter+

I hope this isn't true and it's just a rumour. Would be sad if Notts let our playmaker go.

• Like 3
  • Surprised 1
  • Sad 6

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  1,055
  • Days Won:  54

Pete was the one (and only person) that reported about Millwall and Macca… MK have got new owners, presumably pretty wealthy so could they be having a bit of spend before the window closes?

I can accept selling Nemane to MK because we received Grant and a fee. But Crowley is another level in terms of playing ability so I'd be telling them he's going nowhere! I know he’s only got 1 year left on his deal and that is an issue. However we don’t know if the club have had talks about an extension or even if Dan wants to stay here long-term but regardless of all that I’d rather he stayed for this season at least.

I too hope it's more rumour than real...

• Like 10
  • Love 3

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,900
  • Days Won:  162

notts accepting a second bid from mk dons would turn our fan base in to toxic overdrive and for the right reasons. it would be like abandoning any ambitious we have of gaining promotion ourselves. dan crowley is a big part of what gets us working. it would rightly annoy fans because of the quality we have already lost. i am not one for being negative but i fully understand that this would not be a wise decision.

if it was a league one team and not a team in league two, i might be less bothered.

• Like 11

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  7,441
  • Days Won:  164
  • 𝕏:  twitter @Robbie_NCFC

Supporter+

Dan is our playmaker and was a direct replacement for Ruben. I would be very shocked if Notts let him go.

• Like 4
  • Love 2

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  618
  • Days Won:  1

With one year remaining, ensure Notts extends his contract and also recruit a striker who can capitalise on Dan Crowley's creativity. This would be fantastic news for us Notts supporters, but the worst scenario would be if the club decided to sell him.

• Like 6
  • Love 3

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  30
  • Days Won:  0

It would be very sad to see Crowley go to. He is a key player, we can't just keep selling players as soon as another club is interested. I think as someone else said, maybe Notts now need to concentrate on offering new contracts and retaining some key players like Crowley and Jones, maybe even at the expense of bringing in any new players at this time. 

• Like 7
  • Love 1

• Followers:  3
  • Content Count:  567
  • Days Won:  2

I don’t think Notts would be silly enough to sell Dan Crowley to MK Dons. Surely they know it would bring up the Aaron Nemane departure. It reminds me of when we signed Torquay’s best players.

• Like 6

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,983
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

Dan Crowley is a great player; he's very routine in terms of his performances and is always involved in games. A lot of the work he does tends to be unnoticed but even when you do see his brilliance you appreciate it. I think it would be a massive loss, but also very negative of the club to sell him to MK Dons.

No more of our players should be sold to any League Two team, unless we deem them surplus to requirements.

None of our main players should be allowed to walk so easily, no matter what their contact length is. The club really needs to try harder to get players renewing as early as possible. If players enjoy their football at a club, a one-year-deal isn't unlikely and we could offer a rolling contract. Two-Years to our main players should be the minimum, unless they request otherwise.

• Love 6

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  4,725
  • Days Won:  27

Losing two players to MK Dons, who are tipped to win the league, would be frustrating. We shouldn’t be strengthening opposition teams in the same league as us, especially with losing talented players who could be difficult to replace. Dan Crowley is a workhorse and unlocks moments in games. Losing him would be a major loss to our creativity because last season he was part of what made us do well in the beginning and maintained that when others struggled.

• Love 5

• Followers:  5
  • Content Count:  1,131
  • Days Won:  2

MK Dons are an awful club with plastic fans who think they have the right to be playing at a higher level than they deserve. Dan Crowley could do much better. I hope he stays.

• Like 5

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  140
  • Days Won:  0

Notts might cash in on Dan Crowley, but I don’t think they will just let him go. There’s time for the club to work out an extension. If they can’t work out a deal, the club might receive more tempting offers later in the season. Right now, I can’t see the club wanting to sell him. I think those jumping the gun and believing he’s going already should understand how negative it would be for the club.

• Like 1

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  1,343
  • Days Won:  1

I wouldn’t jump the gun either way. I’ll wait to see how things pan out. Let’s not run to speculation. For example, if he doesn’t make tomorrow’s lineup, have your say if you feel, but wait for it to be confirmed or for the window to close before worrying.

• Like 2

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  3,507
  • Days Won:  9

Remove Dan Crowley from this squad and things just won't click. Defensively and creatively, I don't think he's easily replaceable. Selling him to MK Dons would be a big blow.

• Love 1