Sharing the Love for Notts

Blake

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  616
  • Days Won:  1

My grandfather always encouraged me to support Notts. He told me that we should look after each other and that being a fan means embracing the fanbase. When I was younger, it didn’t mean much, but it does now.

I sit in the Kop with my parents, and sometimes my grandfather comes too.

Notts is all I know about football. Some of our fans make games more fun when they joke with you. I see this on PON. I’m glad my parents let me be part of the site.

I’d love to hear other people’s stories about supporting Notts, especially if you go to games with your family. We are a family club.

• Like 2
  • Love 7

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,961
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

I used to go to Notts games with my grandfather Ray, @GrannyPie's father. Obvious, @super_ram is a Derby County fan and my grandfather Tom supported his local team which is Alfreton Town. I really enjoyed going to Meadow Lane, back then we were in the old First Division which is now the Championship.

I wasn't aware of Notts' history all that much, but my grandfather would tell stories of past results, players and historic moments.

The first season I attended, we were close to the promotion places and I turned to my grandfather, saying "could we get promoted to the Premier League". He kept a straight face and said, that we would be lucky to stay up. He was far from negative, but very realistic, and it's because of him why I am such a die hard Notts fan. Obviously, my mum helped, but any chance my grandfather had to take me to a game he would.

He always felt it was important I made the big games, such as the playoff and Anglo Italian Cup finals.

One of my fondest games was the friendly arranged from the sale of Jermaine Pennant against Arsenal.

• Like 2
  • Love 5

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,874
  • Days Won:  162

i got free tickets from notts at school, i have mentioned this a few times in the past. my dad and uncle tried to get me to show an interest in forest, i was never interested but in very early teens i decided i wanted to take up the free tickets and i have loved notts ever since. even my dad and uncle now go to games, they sit in the pavis and have had season tickets for a few seasons now.

my first game, i really enjoyed it and found the fans to be very friendly.

• Like 6
  • Love 1

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,759
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

I only knew one of my grandparents, my grandad and he lived in London, my mum and dad had no interest in football, my brother was a F*rest fan, living on Meadow Lane as a youngster I passed the ground every day on my way to school. I first went to a match in the early 1960s with an older boy and I was hooked.

I’ve tried very hard to get my sons involved one wasn’t interested at all but my eldest son came regularly with me until he got married and had a family, now I take my grandson whenever I can, he does enjoy it.

• Like 4
  • Love 2

• Followers:  9
  • Content Count:  2,456
  • Days Won:  15

Families are often what get you into a club. Notts might not have been trendy when I was a boy, but I felt instantly connected to them as soon as I started going to games. The shirts from the late 70s and 80s were special. The shorts wouldn’t be acceptable now, but they were stylish back then. The players were iconic to a young person.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  553
  • Days Won:  4
  • 𝕏:  twitter @Retro_Pie

When I was a kid, it was normal for families to support both Nottingham teams. My father and his family would often go to whichever team was at home. I wasn’t interested in the other team, so I found Notts to be more suited to me. That’s how most of my family ended up. Forest became quite violent, whereas Notts was seen as a much more family-oriented club. My grandchildren aren’t Notts fans, but my own children grew up supporting the club.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  3,449
  • Days Won:  18
  • 𝕏:  twitter TheSkipperNCFC

Spending the past few seasons meeting up with @liampie and @CliftonMagpie has been enjoyable, especially as Liam has expressed a desire to attend more away games. I started going with my family when I was younger, but my parents do not often go now. When they do, they usually sit in the Pavis or enjoy hospitality. I much prefer the Kop and being surrounded by the lively part of the stand.

• Like 1
  • Love 2

• Followers:  3
  • Content Count:  567
  • Days Won:  2

My family usually goes to about 10 games a season. But when I was in my early teens, I started going with a friend, and I haven't regretted it.

Notts has changed a lot. When I first started going, the club was still trying to adapt to life back in League Two. I remember some of the time we spent in League One, but not much.

• Love 1