NCFC Ladies..interesting article I stumbled on...

anonypie

http://www.newsnow.co.uk/h/Sport/Football/League+One/Notts+County

Check out this article above...I found it whilst looking for something re tomorrows game. It's in the bottom right of the page in a column entitled top stories last 24 hours. The article itself is FC Kansas City transfer Scott to Notts County.

The reason I thought some might find it interesting is that we apparently 'paid a significant fee' for her. I wonder what sort of money we're talking about for a female player?

By the way, I haven't highlighted this just so people can say 'huh, Ray won't pay for a transfer to the mens team'. I'm wondering if having a ladies team in the superleague, if they do well particularly, might benefit Notts County as a whole

Sorry, it wouldn't let me link the actual article page so I've had to put in the directions above, but below is a c and p of the article...

FC Kansas City and the NWSL complete transfer to Notts County FC

FC Kansas City and the NWSL have transferred Desiree Scott to Notts County FC in England.

"We are disappointed to lose a player of Desiree's quality but we wish her all the best with her new club and know that our team is building a roster that can once again challenge for the league title," FC Kansas City head coach Vlatko Andonovski said via press release.

Sources close to the situation report that FC Kansas City is receiving a significant transfer fee (for women's soccer) and are satisfied with the result.

When Scott was originally signed by Notts County FC in early January it was a surprise to both FC Kansas City and the NWSL.  Scott and fellow Canadian international Lauren Sesselmann were both considered to be under contract by the league. The players and their agent maintained that they were not.

Privately, sources within the team have consistently stated they would like to have Scott back but if she wanted to go elsewhere they would just look for fair compensation.

Sesselmann was taken by the Houston Dash in the expansion draft and there is no word on whether that situation has been resolved.

I for one I'm looking forward to seeing the ladies team. Sounds like they have some really good players and are playing at the highest level. This will be good for notts as a club and the community as a whole.

I think your bang on, I've just had a conversation with the wife re NCLFC n like I said to her, I support Notts County whether that be the men or ladies, it's the club i support n like the wife knows if we lived in Nottingham i'd be at all of the youth games, development games, men's & ladies games so when there season starts i'll be looking out for the results.

http://www.nclfc.co.uk/news.html

Supporter+

Am I right in saying that if you've got a Notts season ticket, you get in free? I'm sure I read that somewhere.

Supporter+

This seems to be an untrue rumour, I might be wrong but I read somewhere that it wasn't true.

That's a shame, mind you prices are very cheap £6 adults and £3 concessions, I will definitely be taking in a few games.

Supporter+

a season ticket only costs about £70 i read, i think that was for a family also.

That's a great deal, I hope they get lots of families going, I think it may be a nicer atmosphere to take kids than the men's game.

Also, I'm a bit interested in if it's ever been or is likely to be challenged under equality laws!

Not until the ladies game is more popular in my opinion, there's no chance they will recieve equal pay and I'm not sure it ever will. However, as the game increases and more people start watching naturally things will improve. Some players rely on sponsors in order to earn more, right now I think it's as good as it gets but I do think that until the ladies game comes to a much higher standard, they won't recieve anywhere near top male players.

The changing the WSL will help, as this will attract more interest and it's geared towards obtaining sponsors etc.

Yet the overall standard of the game isn't really all that impressive, the keepers are shocking 70% of the time.

I would also like to learn how much top lady players earn, though I suspect it would be around our standard of pay (League One).

Supporter+

The ladies team are a franchise and I for one hope they fail miserably as it would only encourage more franchises in football. Football clubs are rooted in the community. What Mr Trew did by moving Lincoln Ladies to Notts is no different to what MK Dons did. The last thing we want is franchises springing up all over the place. It will destroy the game as we know it. It's shameful to see a franchise associated with our proud club. 

The ladies team are a franchise and I for one hope they fail miserably as it would only encourage more franchises in football. Football clubs are rooted in the community. What Mr Trew did by moving Lincoln Ladies to Notts is no different to what MK Dons did. The last thing we want is franchises springing up all over the place. It will destroy the game as we know it. It's shameful to see a franchise associated with our proud club.

I think some won't care if there's success, not saying you will mate but I know of others who share similar views.

Personally I wasn't impressed at first but I've come round.

I'm sure others will eventually.

I'm not so sure about this Dripsey.  Don't they HAVE to be affiliated to a league club to compete in the WSL?  Plus, the whole DIVISION didn't exist before.  I think Lincoln ladies were the only ones who didn't have a league club of the same name, so I'm not sure what else could have happened?

Having said that, as a fan I'd be absolutely gutted.  Imagine having supported Lincoln Ladies for years and then suddenly their home games are played a long way away?  Difficult one, but I don't see it as the same as MK.

Supporter+

I understand your concerns @Dripsey3 but since we can't change what has happened now whether we like it or not they are Notts County Ladies, as such I will support them, in fact I am quite looking forward to going to see them.

Supporter+

I'm not so sure about this Dripsey.  Don't they HAVE to be affiliated to a league club to compete in the WSL?  Plus, the whole DIVISION didn't exist before.  I think Lincoln ladies were the only ones who didn't have a league club of the same name, so I'm not sure what else could have happened?

Having said that, as a fan I'd be absolutely gutted.  Imagine having supported Lincoln Ladies for years and then suddenly their home games are played a long way away?  Difficult one, but I don't see it as the same as MK.

They could have been affiliated to Notts County and stayed in Lincoln is my understanding. By definition, moving a club from one place to another is a franchise. We might not like it, but we have a franchise associated with us. I hope they crash and burn. It's all they deserve. 

Have to say I was in total agreement with @Dripsey3 not long ago, but having done some digging I now understand the whole thing a lot better. Ladies football is a franchise full stop, all the clubs in it are franchises of the mens clubs, and they all have to be connected to a senior mens club and meet certain standards. Lincoln Ladies didn't do that, and a move to Nottingham would mean they would met the required standards and be able to compete in the Super league. Now I still don't agree with the franchising side of it, I don't see why we couldn't just start our own Notts County Ladies team rather than it coming about because of the Lincoln team. But good luck to them, they've done what was in their best interests. Essentially by staying in Lincoln, they would not be able to compete at the top level. However I do think it's wrong that the people of Lincoln lose their team just because the FA, or whoevever, decided that the club suddenly didn't meet standards despite competing in that league no problem at all for a number of years!

I don't really Give two Poops about what happened with Lincoln, It wouldn't look good for the cameras to see a fairly decrepit and empty ground. Not being rude

Not really the business asset Mr Trew is looking for, it it? 

Move to Notts and with the infrastructure already in place, Notts County wins, and so do our fans.

Sorry Lincoln, We have to look after Notts County FC  

As sad as all these does sound, I am sure they can rebuild and start again.

It's not like Mr Trew took them over with this in mind, he was already the owner and did it to progress the club. I hope more will get behind the team but it sounds interesting, they beat a ladies side 7-0 the other day.

I think your bang on, I've just had a conversation with the wife re NCLFC n like I said to her, I support Notts County whether that be the men or ladies, it's the club i support n like the wife knows if we lived in Nottingham i'd be at all of the youth games, development games, men's & ladies games so when there season starts i'll be looking out for the results.

http://www.nclfc.co.uk/news.html

I don't see why not, nclfc will do well. They should be supported by all fans, after all its now our club.

Archived