Freeman to Sheffield United

Cobby

I'd like to know @Pies4u's thoughts on this. ;)

Freeman is a good player, it seems he was being dragged down. You're only as good as those around you at this level and eventually you will appear to be limited but it's a good move for him. United are on the up, they need a defender and they've got a couple of decent deals in the transfer window. Now this, he should do well with Nigel Clough.

I was too gutted earlier to post about this.

why did he return? i thought we had him until the end of the season? it looks like derby recalled him again!

The loan agreement does, however, give the Rams the right to recall him after 28 days

very disappointed myself, i like freeman. good player :(

good luck with the blades!

Maybe Freeman asked Derby ti recall him, knowing Utd wanted him, stranger things have happened. Also to a better team.

Derby probably didn't want him suffering from confidence, I assume they have scouts/people watching and he's not been the same player who joined us originally. I wouldn't single him out, it's hard to shine in a team who's constantly looking down but hey ho.

Supporter+

Sheffield Utd are a much better fit for Freeman right now. They are on the up and we are not. 

Sheffield Utd are a much better fit for Freeman right now. They are on the up and we are not. 

thats true but would you not want to see the player compete his role with the original side? just to see how he would cope and handle it.

Supporter+

thats true but would you not want to see the player compete his role with the original side? just to see how he would cope and handle it.

Absolutely. It could have been the making of him. Football isn't always a bed of roses. You have to learn to deal with the pressures. Notts at the moment is a pressure environment. 

Absolutely. It could have been the making of him. Football isn't always a bed of roses. You have to learn to deal with the pressures. Notts at the moment is a pressure environment. 

Very true. Even at school level you won't win games when the squad is full of pressure and negativity. It's just impossible and good managers know how to filter, distract and manage. I think Derry will get a grip of things because he will know who's at fault, basically it's everywhere and until we have a proper clear out nothing will change 'long term'.

I don't blame Derby for recalling him because if they want to keep him, having a player fall into a black hole could damage him.

Supporter+

His loan period was up, not recalled.

Freeman’s loan reached the 92-day limit across two spells this term, which included 17 appearances across all competitions. 

Read more at http://www.nottscountyfc.co.uk/news/article/freeman-returns-talk-of-replacement-1393741.aspx#RL5t10vTspEfSphG.99

Thanks @Jurenpie I was just going to post the same thing, it appears Notts didn't have a choice in the matter.

No its a shame hopefully Dumbuya will slot in ok, think he got rushed into the team last time when not fully over his injury but was keen to play, so shows how keen he is to get back into the side. Have seen him  few times with Liddle doing work  at Roko's.

No its a shame hopefully Dumbuya will slot in ok, think he got rushed into the team last time when not fully over his injury but was keen to play, so shows how keen he is to get back into the side. Have seen him  few times with Liddle doing work  at Roko's.

Yes, last time Dumbuya came back into the squad very quickly. First part of the season he looked like an excellent signing, it might be his injuries effecting him. You go to Roko's, do you know any info on Liddle? ;)

It was a shame that Freeman's deal expired, we could still do with him.

Archived