Taylor MacKenzie signs

Supporter+

Some very good comments by Owl fans on a site I frequent.

The less impressive just states he's a little raw and not ready for the Championship, League One and a reliable partnership might do him well. I'm pleased here, as we could do with a mix of mature/experienced and young upcoming players. I've suggested he's like Pearce and some agree, so if this is the case we could have a very capable player.

I wonder if @Northants Pie can share anything on this.

Very happy to see young un's looking at us & signing, Now if 2 of the people offered Contracts signed. I'd be over the moon. I know Lids & Sheez are replaceable but it would be nice to have some continuity.

August can't come fast enough ha ha ha

Some very good comments by Owl fans on a site I frequent.

The less impressive just states he's a little raw and not ready for the Championship, League One and a reliable partnership might do him well. I'm pleased here, as we could do with a mix of mature/experienced and young upcoming players. I've suggested he's like Pearce and some agree, so if this is the case we could have a very capable player.

I wonder if @Northants Pie can share anything on this.

If i remember him rightly I think he was in the same team as Caolan Lavery, the pair of them stuck out as being better than the rest, i must say Lavery was absolute class but McKenzie did all that was asked of him, he is good in the air and very quick. Think his progression has stalled a little probably & like so many other promising young players nowadays this is due to not being given the right amount of proper game time in the first team as clubs chase the pound signs which creates a void where managers etc are not willing to take a chance on any sort of unknown,

He is streets ahead of Krystian Pearce for me as he not only concentrates for 90 minutes he also doesn't go walkabout, just could do with the experience of making a mistake which costs us 3 points, in that sense he is no different to Hayden Hollis, how he has progressed since making a couple of mistakes in his first couple of games under SD & GA.

Going back to my point re managers not taking a chance, Nigel Clough is the exact opposite of this as he will stick his neck out & take a chance on talent & give them a chance, sometimes it pays off sometimes it doesn't but look at most of the Derby team, all players he took a chance on.

Supporter+

Very happy to see young un's looking at us & signing, Now if 2 of the people offered Contracts signed. I'd be over the moon. I know Lids & Sheez are replaceable but it would be nice to have some continuity.

August can't come fast enough ha ha ha

I wouldn't sign a contract until I'm sure I couldn't do better elsewhere. Middlesboro are looking at Liddle it seems. That would be a great move for him. They will do well next season. 

A good way to start the close season. Players that want to be here, signed on early and look good prospects or have a proven track record. Wow. Are we sure we're talking about Notts here???

Liking all the noises coming out of the Lane at the mo.

Archived