Bye bye Bart?

Feral Fox

Would be a shame, but I can't fault the club for taking anything they could get for him. In the last few years Notts have been guilty of letting contracts run down and players leaving on a free when they could have secured a good sum for them.

Even more in this case if they do sell as they have a potentially good replacement in house with Speiss. I say potentially because we all need to see a run of games with him as number one to make a firm judgement.

Anything above 100k sell him with clauses etc making it even better long term.

Not really a big deal, Speiss has been waiting in the wings for a while now. He's impressed on the few occasions he's had to play and the fact he was being tracked by some top top clubs a couple of years ago shows he must have something about him. Given the chance to play regular 1st team football, he'll really prosper. He's already a really good keeper. And he still has his best years ahead of him. Over time, he has  it in him to become as good, if not better than Bart.

Naturally I'll be a bit sad to see Bart go. He's won us countless points over the last two seasons and dug us out of countless holes. He's one of the best keepers in the football league in my opinion and is easily good enough for a top half championship club. But I would be dissapointedto see him go anywhere to be a  number 2 just warming the bench for most of the season. He's far too good for that

Supporter+

I agree with all that's been said, Bart has been brilliant and without him we may well be facing a season in the basement division. He deserves his chance, if a higher league club come calling then we shouldn't stand in his way.

Spiess is an able substitute who will get better with a run in the team.

We can move on and forwards if so, it just needs to be a decent offer.

I would be sad, as I've enjoyed seeing Bart perform and he's a sound guy. Let's see, nothing's been announced yet (unless I have missed it) :)

We're doomed! Or according to the 'great World Renowned' Kenny Burns of his Nottingham Post column fame.

Kenny Burns: Losing Bartosz Bialkowski to Ipswich Town would be blow for Notts County

By Nottingham Post  |  Posted: July 07, 2014

6285736-large.jpg

Safe hands: Bartosz Bialkowski has impressed for Notts.

Comments (1)

IF NOTTS County were to lose Bartosz Bialkowski to Ipswich Town, it would be a big loss for them.

I've heard one or two players say he is the best keeper in the league.

As much as he's let players go, there will be some the manager, Shaun Derry, would like to keep – and Bialkowski will be one of them.

He would be difficult to replace, but there are always players out there – and a lot of them are available on free transfers.

Sometimes it's shocking who is actually available on a free. There's been quite a few moves in the last ten years where you've thought, 'he's gone for nothing; really?'.

But then a lot of it will then come down to the player's wages and what he wants to be paid.

For the rest of the Magpies squad, they'll be getting ready for the start of pre-season friendlies.

International friendlies are a waste of time, but, at this level, and before the season starts, they are so important; they have to be done.

It's all about building back up your match fitness.

A lot of players will probably come back just as fit as when they finished last season, but they haven't played for about two months. You have to get used to the pace of the game and the ball again. You can't really get that in training.

When you're playing in a match, that's when the tackles fly in and you get used to that competitive edge again. All players need that.

You tend to start off pre-season playing the easier games, just to ease the players back in – the kind of games where Notts will probably win 7-0 – and then progress upwards from there.

I don't know how much difference pre-season makes in terms of tactics, as players should know what they are doing anyway; but when it comes to fitness, friendlies are important.

Read more: http://www.nottinghampost.com/Kenny-Burns-Losing-Bartosz-Bialkowski-Ipswich/story-21337929-detail/story.html#ixzz36lglnSDa
Read more at http://www.nottinghampost.com/Kenny-Burns-Losing-Bartosz-Bialkowski-Ipswich/story-21337929-detail/story.html#KcA8xBBSuBT6kC11.99

It's a bit like when Forest had to release Mark Crossley in order to keep the cheaper Dave Beasant (minus the money part and Fabs is much better than dodgy Dave) LOL

I still don't see anything regarding figures, so real concern. Surely we wouldn't sell him for peanuts!

Ps. I don't expect 1m or anything, I think right now 200k-350k would be a decent fee.

It's a bit like when Forest had to release Mark Crossley in order to keep the cheaper Dave Beasant (minus the money part and Fabs is much better than dodgy Dave) LOL

I still don't see anything regarding figures, so real concern. Surely we wouldn't sell him for peanuts!

Ps. I don't expect 1m or anything, I think right now 200k-350k would be a decent fee.

I think your figures are a tad high knowing how Notts operate in the market @notts-joe. I think most Notts fans would bite their hands off if they did offer anything like that. I think 100k is more likely with add on clauses etc...

It'll be undisclosed, as per feckin usual.

I'd settle for 150k. Plus add ons

Probably.

Does seem to be dragging out a little bit now though. Maybe he'll stay?  If there was interest and Notts have rebuffed it then that really is stupid business. No matter how good we think he is, he'll walk next summer for nothing as Judge did.

if bart goes we will need a good defence, as good as i rate fabs he is still very raw. if we play fabs and he does well, we wont be able to hold onto him. he will end up attracting interest and this whole situation will repeat.

Supporter+

Bart is better than Speiss right now so losing him would be a blow but he's unlikely to stay on after his contract is up, so we should cash in if we can. Bart owes us nothing, but we owe him an awful lot. He wins games on his own some days. 

Bart has gone, the deal has been signed just waiting for football league ratification, we have done very well out of the deal from what I've heard.

Congrats Bart & good luck  :)

What have you heard? :unsure:  B)  B)  B)

That the amount of money we have received is equal to his ability, hopefully now Fabs will be the automatic No1, he has the ability to equal Bart, will be interesting to see him progress.

:cry: He's the only player to follow PoN.... I'll have to promote our good selves more with the players.

Good Luck to Bart, enjoyed seeing him play for us.

I'd like to put my two cents in and say I think Fabs will bloom with taking over number one. He was a standout goalie when Bart got hurt. I asked for his gloves specifically after they were overused because I wanted to have something from someone that I see talent. I see talent quite well and I dont see it being wasted here. He can perform and will. I think Waite just needs the right guys around him to get him the ball to his feet and he will do well and I really think Ronan will have a great year next year. I'm excited by the youth and glad to see the experience around them. Good luck to Bart you had amazing games, its time for Notts to really show what youth we have developed!

I've been told it's fairly average but personally I'd be happy with the figure.

We'd never get 1m for him, not even on a 5 year deal. We wouldn't be able to negotiate the fee, so it would always likely be a price fitting for a league one club. Supposedly it'll go straight towards what we lose this year, so I hope we get a good cup run!

There's always rumours, I'm just glad we got something personally.

Archived