Rugby Club leaving Meadow Lane

Fan of Big Tone

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,772
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

Just heard on Radio Red that the rugby club are leaving Mradow Lane in January and moving to Lady Bay Sports Ground.

That's got to be good news hasn't it?

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,993
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

Unless they gain promotion to the top league, then they return but they would have to pay to lay a new fit-for-purpose playing surface. Personally I am pleased to see them move on, their players are great and friendly but the sport does us no favours.

They've signed some good players and there's a lot of hope for promotion.

It's a catch 22 really, I could see this backfiring and them refusing to pay to have the pitch specialized. I wonder then what Notts would do? I still recall a certain persons comments posted elsewhere that mentioned the rugby club hadn't kept up with their keep for pitch and that it was solely our staff doing it (they was meant to pay for the pitches upkeep).

• Content Count:  12,908
  • Days Won:  162

the only way we could get the pitch back was to extend the offer? dont get me wrong i am pleased but the conditions are madness. there will be many notts fans hoping they fluff promotion until the contract ends in 2022!

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  1,333
  • Days Won:  11

Very Happy with this deal, but the biggest factor is, that they would have to pay for a new pitch. And you can almost garuntee it will be a 3G pitch.

Good luck to NRFC

• Followers:  5
  • Content Count:  1,932
  • Days Won:  26

Just heard on Radio Red that the rugby club are leaving Mradow Lane in January and moving to Lady Bay Sports Ground.

That's got to be good news hasn't it?

This is really good news especially with the complete pitch replacement that is supposed to be happening in the summer, forgive my ignorance in the matter as I believe we have only been, to use a road repair term, "surface dressing" the pitch in the last couple of years and we are due for a complete dig it up and replacement of everything in the summer, assuming this can be done with the ladies team (are they moving to Arnold Town?)

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  18,302
  • Days Won:  28

Its great news to see them move on because the pitch has been at its worst since they started playing on it. It will now only need maintaining for Ours and the notts ladies matches which will be much easier and less costly.

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  1,333
  • Days Won:  11

I've read, we were like a good Neighbour. We we getting some payments but just helping them along. 

We seem to be building a nice relationship with a lot of Community Sports.

Nice that we have a 7 year Vision as well. What could happen within 7 years ey'

• Content Count:  10,772
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

Mr. Rodwell was on the radio and he seemed quite pleased they were going he said it was in the interests of both clubs.

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  3,589
  • Days Won:  75

Best news for the club. Also sensible fututr tie in that they pay for a new artificial pitch. Very good business Big Jim.

Archived