Opportunity Knocks for Bart

Chris

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,993
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

604110_10153559353780961_775921566886591
Opportunity Knocks for Bart

Ex Magpie keeper is in with a chance of starting more regularly for Ipswich Town after their no.1 Gerks hurt his groin. “Bart’s great, I’ve felt for him,” McCarthy admitted. “You see him in training, he breaks their hearts with some of the saves he makes".

The better he does, the better it is for us as Notts might receive cash if the Blues are promoted and a percentage of a future sale.

On a personal note I hope he does become their No1. Yet we have Big Roy now! You Pies

How do you see the move? Was it a good move for him? Do you see them going up? Do you see us getting any sort of return for this deal? Are you even bothered?

Let's discuss it.

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  2,654
  • Days Won:  89

Don't know why he moved. Going from being a No.1 in League One to a bench warmer in a lower half Championship side? 

Is it just me, but I don't see the point?

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,908
  • Days Won:  162

i think it would be nice to get something but i am unsure that we will from them going up, if he does not play who would pay for his services? he will most likely end up in a similar situation to as he was in southamptons team.

• Followers:  9
  • Content Count:  2,466
  • Days Won:  15

Don't know why he moved. Going from being a No.1 in League One to a bench warmer in a lower half Championship side? 

Is it just me, but I don't see the point?

Not the smartest move ever made but you cant blame a player for having ambition.

I wouldn't say it was solely about money.

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  2,654
  • Days Won:  89

Not the smartest move ever made but you cant blame a player for having ambition.

I wouldn't say it was solely about money.

He moved to us because he couldn't get game time at Southampton.

For me, to move to a bigger club, surely he should have gotten assurances he was No.1. Instead, he joined a club with an established No.1 and has spent his time as backup/bench warmer since. 

Pointless, back to square 1. 

He moved to us because he couldn't get game time at Southampton.

For me, to move to a bigger club, surely he should have gotten assurances he was No.1. Instead, he joined a club with an established No.1 and has spent his time as backup/bench warmer since. 

Pointless, back to square 1. 

I felt he stood a good chance getting into their squad.

Their normal number one wasn't playing that well last season, least in my opinion. Bart must have saw an opportunity to get in and if he keeps clean sheets for them, then he will likely impress. It's about timing and taking the chances, it's not the best move but there could have been worse. I am surprised a side like Bournemouth didn't sign him, yet they now have Lee Camp.

• Followers:  5
  • Content Count:  1,932
  • Days Won:  26

He is by far & away the best keeper at Ipswich, I hope he does get a run of games now and goes on to prove the fantastic keeper that we know him to be.

Personally I do think it was the right move for him, he would have known from the day he started that Gerken would have been number 1, McCarthy told anyone who wanted to listen that was going to be the case, he's got his chance now & I'm sure he'll do himself proud.

I think they stand a good chance via the play-offs and yes it could be really good for us and hopefully one day he'll come back 

• Content Count:  10,772
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

I was gutted when he left but then we signed Carroll, wow what a replacement.

I hope Barts does well and they get promoted especially if it means we get some much needed cash. He's got his chance now and hopefully he can keep hold of the shirt and make himself no. 1 choice.

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  3,511
  • Days Won:  9

At this stage in his career he needs to be playing, I see him making his way back to our league. Brentford will probably sign him!

• Content Count:  10,772
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

At this stage in his career he needs to be playing, I see him making his way back to our league. Brentford will probably sign him!

But Brentford aren't in League 1. :rolleyes:

Or do you mean after we have been promoted to the Championship. :lol:

But Brentford aren't in League 1. :rolleyes:

Or do you mean after we have been promoted to the Championship. :lol:

They'll be back done before you know it.

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  2,832
  • Days Won:  59

It is always nice to see an ex Notts player do well. Income from him or not, we should be rightly pleased for them if they do, and also take heart that we helped them to achieve that.

In this case, I don't  think it was the right move at the right time for Bart. Purely conjecture now as Big Roy has stamped his name firmly at the top of our team sheet, but just maybe to have stayed one more season and been an ever present in a team near the top of our league would have gotten him a much better move.

Archived