Club Significantly Reduces Outlay On Agents Fees

Chris

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,993
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

club-news-64080-2074734_478x359.jpg

Notts County have revealed a significant drop in the amount paid to agents over the past year...

Notts County can confirm that the club spent £21,686.67 on agents’ fees during the period 1 October 2013 to 30 September 2014.

In accordance with FA Football Agent regulations, the club are required to make the amount spent on agents’ fees public each year.

The fees for the current reported period cover seven transfers and represent a marked decrease in the amount spent on agents’ fees by the club in the same period last year, which totalled £77,910.

Notts County Chief Executive Jim Rodwell said of the latest figures: “I think this shows considerable progress in our mission to streamline running costs at Notts County.

“As this large reduction in fees clearly demonstrates, we are doing our utmost to control costs whilst maintaining our competitive edge on the pitch by recruiting wisely.”

Thoughts folks?

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,772
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

It still seems a heck of a lot of money to pay to agents but I guess that is football. I wonder if the decrease reflects the fact that we have signed less players, either way its a good reduction and money in Notts bank instead of the agents.

The clubs also saving money on hotel fees and things like that.

@Northants Pie this is quite good right? I'd suspect them to be considerably higher and I wonder where Notts would be in a league whereby least spenders was at the top.

• Followers:  5
  • Content Count:  1,932
  • Days Won:  26

The clubs also saving money on hotel fees and things like that.

@Northants Pie this is quite good right? I'd suspect them to be considerably higher and I wonder where Notts would be in a league whereby least spenders was at the top.

As a quick response

http://www.football-league.co.uk/documents/agents-fees-report-2013-14-v4b549-1881490.pdf

I'll be on later to answer it properly :D

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  3,589
  • Days Won:  75

Not a bad figure when you look at the pdf provided by @Northants Pie.

Look up and down it and there are a few expected results, but a few surprises as well. Scunny in L2. Wow thats a lot of cash!

• Followers:  5
  • Content Count:  1,932
  • Days Won:  26

Not a bad figure when you look at the pdf provided by @Northants Pie.

Look up and down it and there are a few expected results, but a few surprises as well. Scunny in L2. Wow thats a lot of cash!

One thing it does show is just how CK spent on agent fees at the start of last season.

It is really very good given the amount of new players we have signed, and if you think of some of the names on that list, Alan Smith, Hayden Mullins & Roy Carroll.

If only more clubs acted in this way then the parasites that call themselves agents wouldn't be in business for much longer.

Well done Jim Rodwell et al

Have a look at Wolves, Bristol City & Brentford, those three make up £1.16 million of the total £2.40 million spent in league 1

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  686
  • Days Won:  0

Oh agents are like any other low lifes baring a similar title.

Some are fine people, yet the majority are like lawyers or estate agents. Only after one thing, Money! Notts seem to have done very well here and long may it continue.

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  627
  • Days Won:  11

Well from the Q&A with Ray Trew, it looks like there is a good relationship between the manager and the board. It looks like the board are able to trust Shaun & Greg, and this seems to be paying dividends.

Maybe the "right type of player" that Derry talks about is one that doesn't have some overly aggressive agent?

Perhaps it's just a common sense approach to signing players?

Example a good player, usually comes with an agent who knows how to work the market. We have seen players who are close to signing, only for their agent to find them a bigger and better offer. Perhaps Derry's sorting out players and agents, who he can get on with and which are to avoided.

A smart manager (which I believe Derry is) will understand what to watch out for.

Especially consider he's played the game at an higher level, so he will know all about it. Some players are controlled far too easily by their agents.

• Content Count:  77
  • Days Won:  0

I dont see the use of agents, if you are a good footballer and a smart person make the decision yourself. Agents only really help people like joss labadie and people like wayne rooney.  :biggrin:

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,908
  • Days Won:  162

it all helps, saving money will hopefully allow us to get the budget sorted.

• Content Count:  2,832
  • Days Won:  59

For the life of me I cannot remember which book I have read describes agents as "a cancer living and growing on the back of football" (or something like that)

But there are good agents and bad, I think in one of The Secret Footballer books he talks about an agent telling the player to knuckle down and get on with it, as he was at the top of his worth (for want of a better word), and no, the agent didn't think he could get the player a move...

Similarly you have the agents that will help fuel the bidding war, and move their player to the highest bidder for the money, even though it will not help the players career.

At times you have to wonder just who they are representing.

Archived