Hospital feedback.

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  3,589
  • Days Won:  75

We've just had one of the babies we mind admitted to Derby Royal Infirmary with bronchitis, and it goes without saying we hope h gets well soon, but an interesting conversation was had with his grandma this am. She is based in Kirkby, like us, but the parents of the boy live in Draycott and mum travels to work near us so uses us as minders. Gran was saying how disgusted she is with the care at DRI and it generally seems shabby and horrible.She wants him moved to Kingsmill.

Just getting peoples experiences of the local hospitals and their feelings towards them.

From our perspective we couldn't try for a better hospital in Kingsmill i we wanted. The buildings were built on the failed PFI idea, but it is superb and like any modern NHS facility should be, The care for our son has been second to none.

Now I obviously came from the centre of Nottm (hence being a b&w) so know Queens and City equally well, but I don't feel as confident in them, in terms of care of facilities.

Opinions and thoughts?

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,993
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

To be honest I know very little about hospitals.

Kingsmil used to be one I heard complaints about, however didn't they do it up? I can remember some of my dads side talking about it. No idea what it's like, I know I have been to Royal Infirmary and I didn't like it personally but my thoughts are invalid. No actual experience with either!

I hope the little one's okay :(

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,908
  • Days Won:  162

hoping to read positive news about this :(

To be honest I know very little about hospitals.

Kingsmil used to be one I heard complaints about, however didn't they do it up? I can remember some of my dads side talking about it. No idea what it's like, I know I have been to Royal Infirmary and I didn't like it personally but my thoughts are invalid. No actual experience with either!

I hope the little one's okay :(

article-2222702-15AB3074000005DC-153_634

They knocked it down and basically started again!

Costs a ridiculous amount, but that's another debate about PFI!

• Content Count:  10,772
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

I haven't had to use any hospitals personally (thankfully) but I have visited relatives and friends in both Queens Med and City Hospital and have found them both to be very good, we recently lost my wife's brother and he was in the City hospital for a long time, the care he received was second to none and when they couldn't do anything else for him they sent him home at his request and even sent a hospital bed and some other equipment to help his wife care for him in his last days. He was also visited by a nurse and doctors during this time.

I hope your minded baby makes a swift recovery it must be very worrying for the family.

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,993
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

It looks good, base the decision by what people say in and around the hospital.

Hope it turns out okay. :(

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  2,743
  • Days Won:  3

I receive  excellent care at both the city and QMC hospitals.I don't have any experience of the DRI or Kingsmill.Many ,many years ago I heard a few negative  reports about Kingsmill but the hospital has since been rebuilt.I hope the baby recovers very quickly.

Thanks all. I was really hoping more knew DRI as the parent asked if they thought they should ask for him to be transferred. We went on personal experience that Kingsmill has been fantastic for us with Ben, but it is a personal decision.

Seems he is slightly better this evening. Mum just rang to say he is now sitting up on his own, which after 3 days in an oxygen tent is a good thing.

• Followers:  20
  • Content Count:  8,290
  • Days Won:  69

I thought the DRI had closed down.I had no complaints when I was treated for a broken arm but that was 40 odd years ago.I must say that whenever  myself or @GrannyPie have gone to any hospital for any appointment we have been treated very well.I hope this is sorted satisfactorily .Pleased to hear the baby is on the mend.

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  2,832
  • Days Won:  59

If it's Kinsgmill, can he have "best of both"?

I hope he gets better ;)

Joe (the baby!) and his brother have been back with us all week (hence my lack of starting posts as I'm busy changing nappies!) and is better. He and his twin are starting with colds now though :(

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  2,743
  • Days Won:  3

Glad to hear that Joe is over his bronchitis and hope the colds soon clear up.Good luck with the nappies.

• Content Count:  10,772
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

Glad to hear little Joe is back and filling nappies for you again.

I've changed some horrendous nappies in my time so I have sympathy, thankfully our youngest grandson Freddie is potty training so very soon nappies will be a thing if the past here, I don't think our son and daughter in law will be having any more after the terrible twosome. :biggrin:

• Followers:  20
  • Content Count:  8,290
  • Days Won:  69

Glad to hear that baby Joe is better.Hope the colds and nappies aren't too bad.

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  2,832
  • Days Won:  59

@hissingdwarf I hope the nappies stink, ha ha ha, would serve you right  for picking on poor defenceless PTID..

Glad to hear the lad is at least over the worst, now to pass that cold onto you and all is well.

@hissingdwarf I hope the nappies stink, ha ha ha, would serve you right  for picking on poor defenceless PTID..

Glad to hear the lad is at least over the worst, now to pass that cold onto you and all is well.

Time for a classic...

When it gets passed to you do you go a chooo choooo?

Archived