Bradford City vs Notts County

Chris

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,139
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

Bradford City are one of them teams I strongly dislike, I'll openly admit that. It could be their fans or something else, I don't know but I just do. For this reason I want Notts to crush them and their glory supporting fans (they're a big club don't you know).

I do respect them, what they achieved in the League Cup was special and how they made it to the Premiership ALL THOSE YEARS ago.

Also I liked Neil Redfearn as a player, so back then they had a few which I did but I've never really liked the club.

It's another tough game, one which Jones and Thompson will have to be wanting to win against surely? I see us being able to beat them provided we stick at what we do and attack them, chances will come but my only concern is surrounding the backlash of missing good chances. I'd dream of 5-0 (never going to happen), I'll take 1-0 to us.

Thoughts?

• Followers:  5
  • Content Count:  2,466
  • Days Won:  68

Supporter+

I didn't realize that Bradford had gone above us. They had a great win at Fleetwood yesterday, not many go there and win. I don't think we will lose. 1-1 draw. Thompson.

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  1,904
  • Days Won:  17

I just hope we win it! COYP!

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  2,832
  • Days Won:  59

I actually think this is winnable, Notts by the odd goal 1-0 or 2-1, no more than that

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,773
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

Thompson and Jones will be up for this one, I'm backing us to win 2-0 with both of them scoring and big Roy saving a penalty.

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  3,589
  • Days Won:  75

Difficult match, but hopefully the better performance on boxing day and our away grit and determination will see us through. Would be nice to get a win rather than scraping a draw again.

Please don't play Cassidy or McLaughlin again SD. Drizzie, Jones and Noble with Petrasso swapping wings. Thompson and Harrad up front.

Hope Muzzie is fit so Mullins can replace Hollis.

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  2,743
  • Days Won:  3

Think we can get a draw at least.

• Followers:  20
  • Content Count:  8,301
  • Days Won:  69

Good luck Notts,I hope you get a win.

• Content Count:  486

Difficult match, but hopefully the better performance on boxing day and our away grit and determination will see us through. Would be nice to get a win rather than scraping a draw again.

Please don't play Cassidy or McLaughlin again SD. Drizzie, Jones and Noble with Petrasso swapping wings. Thompson and Harrad up front.

Hope Muzzie is fit so Mullins can replace Hollis.

Absolutely! Spot on - 100% correct. That would do for me too.

I've seen far too much of both Cassidy & McLaughlin - both utterly hopeless. We had a brief flurry from McL on Fri, then he lost interest and disappeared as per usual.

Don't understand the Hollis "love in" on NCM, as I've said before. He is always a card waiting to happen, a clumsy mistake away from gifting a goal away and for a big bloke he is so poor in the air it defies belief. No power or direction in his headers when he does win them. When he has a hoax decent game folks rave about him - but - he is a full time professional footballer, he is expected to do some things right at least some of the time!

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,139
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

Quite a few have pointed out Hollis, I think whilst he's learning it's good to see him playing but that said I would give him a rest.

Bradford have started very lively, Notts need to get a grip on the game. They're running at us and they sound a very solid team, which we sound to be retreating all the time. Don't play into their hands NOTTS!

• Content Count:  6
  • Days Won:  0

once again near half time we lose concentration give away a gaol we are always on the back foot is it shauns plan just to absorb because we don't seem to have the firepower to strike for goal which is a major failing by just trying on the break 

• Content Count:  2,832
  • Days Won:  59

Disappointed!

We are short of quality, and whilst I love the work ethic we now have around the club, we need more.

McLaughlin isn't good enough for me, we need a wide man.

We need a centre back who can play the ball, rather than kick it long.

We need legs in Midfield

We need at least one striker who knows where the goal is and how to put the ball in it.

SD has earned himself some leeway, but this run needs to change.

We are doing well enough considering, but hey.... I want it all, and I want it now

• Content Count:  10,773
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

I think we need to be more positive in our play, we seem content to keep it tight at the back and hope for a breakaway goal in every game. We seem to spent every away match under the cosh for most of the game.

Maybe SD thinks he hasn't got the players to play differently in which case I hope we can draft some in soon.

• Content Count:  486

Disappointing result - the recent record, 2 points from 6 games & now 3 defeats in the last 4 is diabolical tbh.

We have too many duff players - Smith, Hall, McLaughlin, Cassidy, Murray - all very poor imo.  Murray just isn't up to it. C Thompson is wrongly/poorly utilised, Hollis is hugely over rated in many quarters and Whitehouse & Bishop are still both very raw.  We desperately need some mobility and creativity in midfield as well as pace throughout the team.  A decent striker is an obvious requirement. Getting Noble back and playing Traore or Curtis Thompson on the right of midfield would be a bonus too.

Thus, it is amazing that we are where we are - thank goodness for Carroll, Noble, Jones, G Thompson, Dumbuya & Mullins.

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  3,589
  • Days Won:  75

Another defeat, but sounds like we tried to keep in the game in short periods. We need to move forwards and stop Hollis Hoofing it from the back.

No shots on target says it all really.

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  3,520
  • Days Won:  9

Clearly we need additions to boost the current squad.

Shaun needs to find his starting 11 and allow the team to choose itself, at the moment I think he has ideas but it is not coming off. Losing 1-0 to a side like bradford is not a bad defeat but the way it sounds like notts had played isnt a clever either. finishing must the area we focus on, we need spencer back. it sounded like we had several good chances today, all wasted.

I think some of the squad are tired and not 100% match fit myself.

• Content Count:  121
  • Days Won:  1

Shame to see the away run go, but I suppose it was going to eventually. We're clearly lacking a few players in key areas at the minute, and the big break until the next game gives us a chance to try and bring those players in. I think the first half of the season has been really successful personally, but I think what we do in the transfer window is going to decide how the second half of the season goes.

• 2 weeks later...

• Content Count:  12,923
  • Days Won:  162

i had hoped we would get a draw from this, i was disappointed that we lost tbh.

bradford a few months back would have been a side we would have beat, we need that mentality back. we will lose but games like this we should be battling for!

Archived