Notts County vs Port Vale

Chris

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  486
  • Days Won:  3

If we get a lift from JCR returning then there's a chance we might win. This is Notts, so there's no guarantee or certainty.

At this stage, I'd settle for a point tbh.

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,961
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

Never have I felt that Notts were so lucky and unlucky at the same time.

I don't feel we deserved to lose but we did, there's no doubt in my mind Notts need to be better in several departments but more so with the chances they get. The game just zipped by, some in the stands will be thinking 'thank god for that' but I really did think it flashed by too quickly. Plus on another day we probably would have gotten something out of the game!

Port Vale? Poor, they should scored more than they did and some of our blocks/last minute tackles - very good.

Just a shame we seemed to struggle to get out of the 2nd gear! JCR also needs to avoid hogging the ball and pass to others nearby quicker! I'm not going to moan or call Notts rubbish, I support Notts for far more than that.

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  3,392
  • Days Won:  18

Sounded like a game whereby Notts wasted some good chances and faded in confidence. From what I have read, it seems a poor goal to concede really. Typical Notts then?

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,759
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

We had some really good chances and could have won if we had taken them. It was another game of fine margins, one bad mix up between Carroll and Edwards cost us the game.

It was great viewing the game from the Executive Boxes and great company of fellow PoN members

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  3,589
  • Days Won:  75

Strange game really. Seem to go so quickly, but apart from the bust up at the family stand end, not too much memorable. The actual day was though. As @tonyhateley says, great view from the boxes and  good to spend time with fellow pon members!

• Content Count:  348
  • Days Won:  1

Sat In the Kop I got my first good look at #NoParty and to be honest I was disappointed. I'm always behind the players and will never get on their backs at games but his touch was shocking. GT on the other hand was a class above showing Balint up.

Regards Al

You Pies!

• Content Count:  91
  • Days Won:  0

I won't post swearing but we was one dimensional and very poor. It annoys me that I pay good money to support this club and when people become under pressure they bottle their responsibilities. Derry is a shambles right now!

The positives are the wingers could settle things and we had several decent chances. Not much else!

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  455
  • Days Won:  2

Give it time, we can get some results from the fixtures coming up and then it look different. Yesterday? Just a poor goal to concede. It was not that bad.

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  4,719
  • Days Won:  27

No, we was poor. The players did not connect and we defended quite badly, they should have been 4 up by the final whistle. Time? any longer and we will be in the drop zone. Not good enough but Colchester will be an eye opener!

• Content Count:  128
  • Days Won:  0

I hated hearing some of our lot booing the players and manager, no wonder Derry went into hiding but I do think he should acknowledge the fans by clapping. Even it was a few times, it done and it would not send out the wrong message. We started quite well, McCourt looks a brilliant signing. I hope we can capture him next season but I do not think the middle suited him.

They often had 3 to 4 players marking on of ours, so what more could they have done?

If we sort out the start and the goals we leak, we can then get back to scoring them but had we have taken our chances they would not have won.

• Content Count:  2,832
  • Days Won:  59

I actually thought we played quite well, certainly from the view we had. There were some good chances created, one or two that could well have sealed the points in our favour... at first I thought the problem for the goal was the left back area, it is just my point of view from yesterday that our weakness is quite clearly the defence!

Mullins at right back wasn't a bad shout, but perhaps I would have put Edwards there... Hollis is not good enough to progress, I believe he is at the top of his game, and that isn't good enough moving forward... Eddie, as good as he has been at this club, should be left to mentor and coach... Adams offers little defensively1

In front of that, It looks good to me, I am happy with our front 6!

Here's pictures of yesterday's melee - What do you think folks? Port Vale fans believe 3-4 of our players should have walked for being 'aggressive' and lashing out. I honestly didn't see any of our players do anything seriously wrong at all and they believe Hayden Mullins hit out their player! However, one of their lot grabbed him by his neck and pushed him.

I think these images paint a different story!

What do you think?

@liampie @hissingdwarf @PTID1862 @american pie @Blackville @BradtheMiller @Canadian @Captain Sticky @CliftonMagpie @Cobby @Dan @Dan-Pie @DangerousSausage @Dripsey3 @super_ram @ivansneck @MuddyPatchPie @NCC Magpie @northantspie @Pies4u @tonyhateley @upthepies @weymouthPIE

11039810_10153844798980961_6453145667821
11046859_10153844798950961_2708185749107
10409013_10153844799020961_7208186489396
10985456_10153844798890961_5167706626413
11026005_10153844799000961_1698126576709
11024636_10153844799035961_8865074421948
11042656_10153844799025961_6458706462064
11045340_10153844798945961_8878696322297
10609434_10153844798920961_4994824335689

Ps. The game wasn't in motion so I justify taking the pictures for this reason. ;)

• Content Count:  2,832
  • Days Won:  59

and all that because the keeper tried to get Noble in the brown smelly stuff, when to be fair, the lad had every right to go for that ball, and I certainly would have been pee'd off at him if he hadn't!

A 50/50 and Noble went in fairly, with the sole intention of nicking a goal

It was all designed to slow down the game in my opinion, we looked very good until that point and very likely to score. Afterwards we just seemed to be different, though a few of the Port Vale players should have been carded and 1 or 2 should have been sent packing.

I didn't see Hayden Mullins do anything apart from looking aggressive after having his throat grabbed.

It was all designed to slow down the game in my opinion, we looked very good until that point and very likely to score. Afterwards we just seemed to be different, though a few of the Port Vale players should have been carded and 1 or 2 should have been sent packing.

I didn't see Hayden Mullins do anything apart from looking aggressive after having his throat grabbed.

I agree. Tactical melee imo. We were looking threatening until then and the wind was certainly taken from our sails so to speak.

• Followers:  20
  • Content Count:  8,276
  • Days Won:  69

I agree with the above comments.Noble went for a 50/50 ball.I'm not even sure if there was actually any contact with the keeper,,certainly nothing dangerous.The reaction from the PV keeper was completely over the top and then other PV players piled in .Notts players did nothing wrong but it did affect the momentum that Notts were beginning to build.

I agree with the above comments.Noble went for a 50/50 ball.I'm not even sure if there was actually any contact with the keeper,,certainly nothing dangerous.The reaction from the PV keeper was completely over the top and then other PV players piled in .Notts players did nothing wrong but it did affect the momentum that Notts were beginning to build.

Without risking repeating myself too much..

I agree with  :super:

That's twice in two mins now @super_ram!! :thumbsup:

Archived