Transfer News: Notts County Midfielder Neal Bishop Attracting Interest

cheeky~k8

Transfer news: Notts County midfielder Neal Bishop attracting interest

<!--url{0}-->A host of clubs are checking on Notts County midfielder Neal Bishop, Sky Sports understands.

The 31-year-old has emerged as one of the top schemers in League One and now his situation is being closely monitored.

Bishop joined County from Barnet in 2009 and has been an ever-present since, starting over 150 league games.

Now Sky Sports understands that the likes of Barnsley, Blackpool, Milton Keynes Dons and Sheffield United are all keeping tabs on him.

A spokesman for McHale Sports, who look after Bishop, confirmed: "There is some interest in Neal.

"It is something that we will be looking at in the summer."

I have a lot of respect for Neal, he's been getting some comments which seem harsh, others very unfair. Right now there's only a handful of players who seem to have the ability to change things, well they all do but he's showing a consistent basis that he is an important player. He tries to get stuck in, although I wouldn't be overly concerned if he was to leave.

We've got a good midfield lineup, so if some additions came in who gave to the squad/side would could cope.

Would be very sad, he's our last link to the championship winning side, he cares and is very passionate about the right support. I don't know of many players who comes to speak with fans, gets involved and tries to be a pillar of the community in this sense but like Ben Davies I'd be gutted, though I can live with it. It's players like Judge who can only get better that annoys me, yet the Clough video I linked on here you can't buy players with Bishop's experience, his reading and knowledge is an asset. Okay, I'm going in circles here. LOL

I hope we dont plan on selling him even if theres a good offer because hes one of our players and as it proves with lee hughes... we have not been able to sign a striker to make up for the loss.

I hope its just a rumour going around or nothings going to come of it.

Supporter+

Players come and players go at football clubs, I understand that but I for one will be sad when the days comes that we say goodbye to Bish, he is my favourite Notts player because I am sure he really does care about what happens on the pitch, I sit near the players tunnel and can see close up the exasperation on his face when we lose. He may not always have a fantastic game but I know that whatever happens Bish will give 100% when he crosses that line.

I can forgive players having an off day, they aren't premiership players we can't expect them to be outstanding all the time but I hate it when they are perceived to be not trying, I don't think you could ever level that accusation at Bish.

Supporter+

When I attended the Bury match a few weeks ago I didn't know what to expect.I had an impression in my mind made up from what I had heard on the radio and from fans.One thing that stood out to me on the day was the way Bishop tried.He reminded me a little of how Dave Mackay was with Derby's younger players(and the older ones too)in Brian Clough's early days.I'm pleased for you Notts fans that he seems to be staying.

• 2 weeks later...

It doesn't look like we'll be offering any of the out of contract players a new contract. Judge will no doubt have already signed pre contract terms with a new club. I guess it'll be a championship side but not sure which one!

May I ask what makes you think this @MuddyPatchPie

Does anyone know who is out of contract and Isn't Jeff Hughes out of contract? I think it would be a shame if we lost certain first team players but will see, it makes me curious.

May I ask what makes you think this @MuddyPatchPie ? Does anyone know who is out of contract and Isn't Jeff Hughes out of contract? I think it would be a shame if we lost certain first team players but will see, it makes me curious.

I think Judge, Sheehan, JHughes, Kelly, Arquin and Hamza are some of the players out of contract. Just something I'd heard but things can change with a few games left!

I think Judge, Sheehan, JHughes, Kelly, Arquin and Hamza are some of the players out of contract. Just something I'd heard but things can change with a few games left!

I think I've heard the same comments, not sure. I though Arquin had a two year deal. Hamza isn't a surprise, he needs to play where he's 'important' and is one of those who doesn't shine around people who play at an higher level or consistently. I think he'd do well with a team like Hartlepool or the majority of league two. Feel sorry for him the first time he came back he looked useful, Swindon he looked like he was in a rush to be sent off.

Sheehan I'm not sure, I feel the same about as you do Kelly. (though I would keep Kelly myself)

I'll have to dig out a list of who's out of contract. Could make an interesting discussion :)

I hope we do sign most of them new contracts, especially Judge and obviously Bishop, but there has been questions whether judge wants to play for a higher team... i don't blame him that he does but i do hope he stays with us. If all those players go that are listed, we will have alot of players to make up for.

hopefully those new contracts get signed soon. im hoping we keep a lot of the current squad but maybe a little new blood

I think it would be bad to lose alot of players as it takes time for players to work well together and we have got used to alot of them and it would be a shame to lose them. Obviously a few new ones would be good but it does depend who we get as some areas need improvements more than others.

• 2 weeks later...

It's been reported that Chris is holding talks with potential players, hopefully this includes some of the players who are out of contract because I would hate to see another season where we see a large number of new faces. I personally think 2-4 players will be released, leaving plenty of space to add bulk to our current squad without forcing them to get used to a whole new set of faces.

In Chris we trust - COYP!

Archived