The relegation battle - the end game

Dripsey3

• Followers:  5
  • Content Count:  2,465
  • Days Won:  68

Supporter+

Colchester vs Swindon - If Colchester win, they move out of the relegation zone. They are unbeaten in 2. Swindon haven't won in 3. Colchester fought back from 2-1 down to win 3-2 at Fleetwood. I think they'll win this one. 2-1.

Colchester vs PNE - PNE need a win to secure promotion. I can't see Colchester denying them. 0-2.

Crawley vs Coventry. Coventry were well beaten by Crewe at home on Saturday. Crawley were unlucky to lose 4-3 at Peterborough. Both sides aren't in the best of form but Crawley are tough to beat at home. 2-1.

Crewe vs Bradford - Crewe have impressed me. They have a never say die attitude. Bradofrd have nothing to play for but I think they will turn up. Home win though. 2-1.

Gillingham vs Notts County. Notts have not impressed me even after Saturday's home win. Doncaster have packed up and gone on holiday. Gillingham will turn up and will win IMO. 2-1.

Swindon vs Leyton Orient. Orient must be wondering how they got here. Their talented squad must turn up and I think they will. 1-2.

So by my reckoning, these 4 teams will go down:

Leyton Orient

Colchester

Notts County

Yeovil

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,993
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

Some fans have told me they think a draw will be good enough, I am nervous about that and hope we go to win.

Just play safe and attack.

Gillingham for me should be the easier game, compared to Preston and Doncaster but it's not always straight forward. I am sure with our support behind them, we may live to remain a League One team for another season. They make it difficult!

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  3,589
  • Days Won:  75

All we can do is hope for the best, but expect the worst. I am pessimistic about our chances vs Gills, but I was against Donny and look how that turned out.

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  5,443
  • Days Won:  287

For a draw to be enough, we need Colchester not to win either of their last two games, and Orient and Crawley not to win on the final day. If Crawley lose, we would stay up even if we lose. But that's four results we'd need to see go our way, which isn't likely, especially when you consider that Swindon are relaxing ahead of the play-offs and are likely to gift both Orient and Colchester an easy three points.

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,908
  • Days Won:  162

@DangerousSausage we can rely on other teams but you have made interesting points.

i think we may be okay if we play like we did against donny.

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  159
  • Days Won:  3

Local sources indicate we will be playing at/near full strength for Colchester and Leyton Orient and squad members who have been given more time recently will be staking their claims to start matches.

I doubt we will lose both 1-2 and hope that you will be thanking us for keeping you up.

Gifting the points must be off the agenda. The seven changes against Preston was tactical so far as play offs are concerned.

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  3,392
  • Days Won:  18

Its going to tight on Sunday, if we win it will be so pleasing but a draw isn't a result. Its a fluke if we stay up!

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  5,443
  • Days Won:  287

If Colchester couldn't beat a Swindon side with nothing to play for, I can't see them picking up anything against Preston. It's Crawley and Orient I'm more worried about.

That said, the final day can be so crazy you might as well toss a coin. I'm glad we at least have it in our own hands and hopefully we'll have the wind in our sails after beating Donny. I'll be spending the second half on a plane though. It's not going to be a fun flight :(

• Content Count:  4
  • Days Won:  0

I think we will need a win to survive. I can see Crawley beating Coventry.

I am hopeful we can get a win, having over 2,000 fans there will help! 

• Followers:  3
  • Content Count:  1,465
  • Days Won:  5

I agree with @LondonPie, having 2,000+ of away fans will make the game very lively and I have been before, where I have seen them barely make any noise and I think this could make all of the difference!

• Content Count:  627
  • Days Won:  11

I'm going to prepare 2 playlists for the drive back on Sunday. One will be full of the most depressing songs in the world, the other probably full of Queen songs. It's going to be a tough day!

• Content Count:  627
  • Days Won:  11

@Cobby The final countdown? Way back you could listen to ...... I will not say it.

I've started another post for people to give suggestions to my playlist!

http://prideofnottingham.co.uk/community/topic/3073-sundays-driving-playlist-back-from-gillingham/

Archived