Westcarr joins Mansfield

Chris

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,993
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

I bet @Dan is excited about the way in which the Staggs are building for the upcoming season, it seems they have a good approach to the type of players it takes to put a disappointing season behind themselves but also to bid for a brighter 2015/16 season campaign.

11391424_10154103294210961_3886153383851

Would anyone here have liked to see Craig Westcarr return back to Notts? Thoughts on Mansfield?

Discuss folks.

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,908
  • Days Won:  162

i would have, he always seemed lively and able to score. if we got westcarr back as a striker, i am sure we would be pushing in the right direction. mansfield have signed quite a few good players, i think they will be far higher this season.

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  1,350
  • Days Won:  1

Good signing for them but Portsmouth are hoping to put together a serious bid for promotion, so if hes deemed not good enough for them, i am not sure he would have been for us.

Yet I do think he will score goals for whoever he signs for.

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  2,654
  • Days Won:  89

Ultimately it depends on the quality of our potential signings.

When compared to a youngster who has played about 3 league games, then Westcarr would of course be a better option. I don't think we have any idea of our transfer strategy at the moment, as we've signed nobody apart from Bennett and an unproven youngster. 

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  50
  • Days Won:  0

Mansfield are wasting no time in building a team early, I feel they see the importance of allowing them to get used to each other.

So, team bonding is vital. They have snapped some good players already, I am impressed by their approach to the transfer market. I Wished Notts would be a little more proactive with their own approach to signing players,
I think Westcarr could have been a useful signing for us and its just a shame we don't adopt a quicker approach to finding our own talent.

I think Mansfield will finish above us at this rate.

• Content Count:  102
  • Days Won:  0

If hes looked after, he will score for fun. Probably too much maintenance for Derry!

• Content Count:  3,589
  • Days Won:  75

Great signing for them. Pace when he wants and knows where the goal is. Honestly, Stags have built up a solid team and Murray deserves credit for conducting his business in such a quick and forceful manner. He'll have his team ready to go long before we do!!!

• Content Count:  648
  • Days Won:  4

I'm not that fussed about signing him to be honest, but then thinking about him and Matt Green up front together gets the juices flowing a bit. Murray is putting together a really good squad. But that never guarantees anything, as we all know!

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  3,392
  • Days Won:  18

I'm not that fussed about signing him to be honest, but then thinking about him and Matt Green up front together gets the juices flowing a bit. Murray is putting together a really good squad. But that never guarantees anything, as we all know!

Which do you think is your best signing so far during the close season?

Westcarr is a decent signing, nice squad being assembled but if they can get the results, Mansfield fans may start to give their current manager more time. I know a couple who quickly disliked him, so we'll see how they play.

I think it has to be Matt Green on what he did to get us promoted back to the league, but I fear for him injury wise. If he stays fit then we've got a good chance of staying up!!  :ahappy:

• Content Count:  3,589
  • Days Won:  75

I think it has to be Matt Green on what he did to get us promoted back to the league, but I fear for him injury wise. If he stays fit then we've got a good chance of staying up!!  :ahappy:

With your signings you should be more optimistic! At this rate you'll do better than us!

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,993
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

If he stays fit then we've got a good chance of staying up!!  :ahappy:

I like the fact you ended the comment with 'staying up'. Haha! I find the majority of Stags I know to be like Forest fans, one signing and they've been automatically promoted to the Premiership.

Quite refreshing to see that your focusing on progression, which staying up will be.

I'm curious, if having a different manager would make you more optimistic? :P

After last season mid table would be progress along with bringing a few youth teamers through. I'm not sure about a new Manager. Although it appeared that Murray struggled, it wasn't his team. Now he is building his own team he will be properly judged. If we are in the bottom half of the table & struggling come Christmas then I think a lot of fans will be after his head. 

Archived