Sign in to follow this  
Super_Danny_Allsopp

4 new signings...

3 of which are wingers, who I suppose could play in various roles also.

It's interesting, this said I do hope we don't go overboard with overseas influence. I'm not remotely against the potential signings, I just feel a but concerned that the majority of linked players as things stand are more unknown from the Dutch leagues. If we signed four of the above, it would be hard to see where else we need to full - bar the backup goalkeeper position.

• Like 2

I don't really care if they are from Mars if they have played in the Eredivisi and want to play here ( and aren't 35+).

Listening to interviews with Dean Yates and Moniz, it's clear they want to improve the youth development, which is only good for the club. 

• Like 2

I don't really care if they are from Mars if they have played in the Eredivisi and want to play here ( and aren't 35+).

Listening to interviews with Dean Yates and Moniz, it's clear they want to improve the youth development, which is only good for the club. 

It's more so because players end up becoming unsettled or unable to adjust to the league. I think it's great that we are signing players which commonly we would never have looked at, yet it is a concern that the majority being linked could help up thinking the division will be 'easy' and ultimately struggling. The youth side has been a focus for the past several seasons and things are improving.

I am involved directly with raising funds for the academy and I see regularly the improvements being made.

Having our own youngsters coming through will be a massive boost, yet we need to be mindful of the balance and ensure that quality is the main thing. I'm not against any of the potential signings as I have said, just a bit nervous about what happens if it doesn't pay off.

• Like 1

Any signing is a risk, players from the UK can become unsettled too. My concern is that, if we have a sizeable Dutch faction in the squad, we may end up with factions forming, but that's down to the players' character too. The positive is that these are players Moniz will know far more about than us and we've got to place our trust in him.

• Like 2

Any signing is a risk, players from the UK can become unsettled too. My concern is that, if we have a sizeable Dutch faction in the squad, we may end up with factions forming, but that's down to the players' character too. The positive is that these are players Moniz will know far more about than us and we've got to place our trust in him.

I can see your point about factions forming but hopefully players from different backgrounds and nationalities can form a good team spirit, they are all footballers after all, in that they have something in common. The multinational premiership teams don't seem to have any problems.

• Like 1

I expect all the players mentioned by @RayTrew to sign, I believe that is why he let the cat out of the bag and possibly the deals are already done, just awaiting the announcements if you follow.

• Like 2

i wonder what the hold up is with julian jenner! no idea about the majority of players but interesting to see none the less.

3 of which are wingers, who I suppose could play in various roles also.

It's interesting, this said I do hope we don't go overboard with overseas influence. I'm not remotely against the potential signings, I just feel a but concerned that the majority of linked players as things stand are more unknown from the Dutch leagues. If we signed four of the above, it would be hard to see where else we need to full - bar the backup goalkeeper position.

We need another RB, CB, GK and Striker then our squad will be complete.  That said there may be other signings with other players being offloaded.  I dont want to comment on positions as it will then be obvious to who i am referring

• Like 1

I expect all the players mentioned by @RayTrew to sign, I believe that is why he let the cat out of the bag and possibly the deals are already done, just awaiting the announcements if you follow.

The deal have been done but we are waiting release papers from other clubs before announcements are made.  If these were FL or PL clubs we would have had the paperwork already

• Like 1

Firstly, let me thank you again for your prompt response last night and, in turn, keeping you promise. It is good to see any level of promotion for the club.

• Like 1

When the recent signings have been in talks have you put in shorter contracts to leave the club some wiggle room or has the invigorated project meant pushing the boat out a little and offering more of a sweetner as usual?

Time to go google Serbian footballers who have been at clubs at the same time as Ricardo :frantics:

• Like 1

Twitter:

1. Stanley Aborah and Kyle Da Silva will also sign 2 year deals later on today #Notts

0 retweets1 favourite
     Retweet
     Favourite1
    More

Frank Demouge has offers from Holland and Sweden as well as Notts County but Moniz is keen to secure his services #Notts

0 retweets1 favourite
     Retweet
     Favourite1
    More

Notts County will confirm the signings of striker Adam Campbell, Dutch winger Julian Jenner and target man Frank Demouge today #notts

• Like 1