Izael macleod

harrisonnnn1862

I hope it's not a silly fee if true, generally Pete is right about what he reports.

I do feel we need a striker, as much as we do a defender but I must say I am not overly convinced Izale McLeod is the answer to our problems but he could potentially fit in well. I hope Moniz gets his wish by signing a striker regardless COYP!

@wroughty - I wouldn't turn against Stead. He put a fantastic shift in against Stevenage and he does cover every blade of glass when he's opt in as our only striker. Really, I think it goes to show just how much we require a striker partner.

I am still unconvinced his record throughout his time warrants 100k+ or more.

Yet those are my personal views and with anything slightly negative, I hope to be proven wrong.

Good player, just not someone I would guarantee to score 15+ goals consistently.

@notts-joe not turning against him but I just don't think Stead fits into our style of play. I've noticed that all our defenders and midfielders look for the forward run when passing, whereas Stead prefers to come deep and create play himself. No doubt he's a talented player but Mcleod's pace and more direct play is more suited to the rest of the team. Obviously when I say this I'm assuming we stick to a 4-3-3 with 2 wingers, otherwise a 4-4-2 with them both would be quite the partnership.

The Mirrors reporting that the bid cost us 150,000k in order to get our bid accepted.

That makes me somewhat more nervous, as I think 150,000 could bring in a lot of quality for this division, not just on a striker who's been prolific at a few clubs but multiple players and of course unloading some we may not need.

@wroughty - I didn't mean you as such, though a lot are saying he isn't the answer/is useless. I know what you meant buddy.

That sum of money is a little rich for what he could bring, if it works it will be worth every penny but if he fails, fans will have no more right to go on about Danny Haynes doing so poorly because of the sum of money he was getting in terms of wages.

I hope he repays the fee if this does happen.

There is more twists and turns at Notts these days than Michael Jackson performed through the whole of musical career.

Izale MaCleod may want to re think joining us, if this happens I wonder who will take the blame? If he arrives, at least he will have excuses ready. Lets hope all this silly drama can be turned around.

I would be happy to have him at the club, if we were short of strikers... we aren't perhaps somebody needs to be released? only my thoughts...

You build anything from the foundations... not the roof! If you don't concede you can't lose! Surely a CB is of higher priority....

Ray is in charge of the books. Im not worried about that, they've cut a lot of wages in the backroom staff by the looks of it. and got a great deal with Ladbrokes. So as a fan I just want to see players that will excite me and I can't think of any strikers I've seen so far that will do that. Stead is quality but he can't do it on his own.

Supporter+

Uncle Colin says it's a done deal, looking forward to him banging some goals in McLeod that is not uncle Colin :joker:

Archived