Should Moniz Stay or Go? Poll

AmericanPie

Should Moniz Stay or Go?  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think Ricardo Moniz should be sacked?

• Yes
    • If things do not improve by the new year
    • Its just a typical Notts meltdown
    • No, he needs time

I don't think he should go just yet, but he needs to improve his tactics and get the players to play to their potential to stay on the pitch. We don't want another sacking and be back to the beginning as we tend to be every season recently.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Supporter+

I was thinking about Salford's situation when the big 5 arrived. The manager they had in place was a nice guy but wasn't getting the results on the pitch, despite having a quality squad available to him. Sound familiar? The big 5 sacked said manager and brought in 2 managers who instilled discipline on and off the pitch. The results improved and now they are flying. 

Do we need a "strong" manager to get the best of these players? Especially the players who could do with a swift boot up the rear!

moniz has not got the power authority you saw the same with kiwoyma when the players builed him and they did what they pleased.

Moniz also can't fire them up physc them up in football a strong character is required I always believe

I mean he is tactically lost so many players out of postion is a joke they will never feel comfortable

It's like dumb I mean imagine you have a car that requires Castrol race oil to use its potential would you put some cheap crap in no.

So why would you play a Target man as a winger and a actual winger as a left back you will never get the potential if there not comfy.

that's a basic must

Supporter+

I'm glad to see there are more votes for sticking with him than sacking him, we can't go on sacking managers and starting the whole process off again, if you forget about the FA cup game (I know it's hard) we have quite a good recent record and things are on the up.

I just hope the players can get over the game and carry on in the league where we left off.

Tony: We are languishing in the bottom half of the table & have just been stuffed out of sight by a pub team in the Cup! We can't buy a point away from home and we are relying on geriatrics and has beens to get by. How, exactly, are "things looking up"?

As I said before, the patience & tolerance that Notts fans have for both hopeless players and incompetent managers defies belief at times. Moniz is a comedy manager, hopelessly exposed of late and way out of his depth. The fact that he is surrounded by others, equally as inept, is not vey inspiring tbh. What do Kevan, Yates and Pilkington do all week?

I have to be honest and real here yea home form is good ain't gonna lie but even then York gifted us a goal we couldn't score otherwise Luton we let a 2-0 slip to 2-2 and lucky a last min winner.

Pompey took us apart Carroll kept it down til we scored a lucky free kick Bristol rovers should of beat us away Exeter was about fair.

But even then if you actually watch moniz an Kevan they don't interact they don't communicate there to distant.

There's no plan or tactical plan of how we can dominate a game or there is no plan away from home.

Tactically he is very lost I mean you sign strikers like stead and play him as a wing man Yeovil I believe it was when he played McLeod as a right forward after paying 150,000.

I ain't no manager and I'm not claiming to be but there's things you just can't do I mean says it all that Barmby doesn't want to come back here.

Becuase he was been used as a left back I mean some things are not right Jenner always gets a game but Snidjers Valencic Burke can't.

Milsom has played 5 90 mins now and can't warrant a sub appearance or a start mysterious Curtis can't even get a game either I think moniz doesn't like the branston signings

Which are Bennett Valencic or Adams is not good enough but is doin great at a higher team on a less budget a lot less

Shaun Derry players clearly he doesn't like other then smith an Carroll

Hayhurst, Wroe , Spencer , Curtis , Adams , Murray will be next to either be dumped out the squad or played as a centre mid

Things aren't really looking up and like a say not playing this weekend if say 5-6 teams below us win its further down we go.

Due to havin internationals that can't be replaced apparently Carroll - Loach Hewitt-Atkinson/Swerts take you're pick 3rd one I believe is amervor doesn't even get in the first 11

So on my view it's silly to cancel that game to Wycombe cause we could cause ourself a bigger problem now by not playin.

The only thing that's keeping his job at the moment is the home form but but I can gaurentee the crowd will be very empty come Northamphton and Barnet

The basics of a manager is to play people in there positions to get the best out of them.

It's like a job imagine you're sector is electrical a its all you know then someone comes along an says hey today you're doing oils and engines you're going to be lost.

And you can see that in Jon stead and Barmby against Pompey it was also obvious when McLeod played wide as instructed he didn't have a clue what he was doing and was in effective

I'm gonna beat you all with us not playing this Saturday if Crawley Barnet and Cambridge Newport win etc we could be down to 18th and if we don't win at home to Northamphton it makes it worse.

I think moniz or the club idea to cancel this Saturday's game could prove costly very costly says it all when Crawley are just behind us and they really are shit.

and have zero money at all so put you're spins on it anyway you choose money spent against teams that have no pennies and are doing just as good if not better .

But yea let's stick with him people saying we won't go down I wouldn't be so sure yet

Supporter+

What decent manager in their right mind would want to come to Notts if we sack Moniz? Our record of getting rid of managers at the slightest excuse is terrible.

We would probably end up with Smith/Eddie/Branston as manager, perm any one from three, until the end of the season then get relegated.

Things were looking up before Salford two away draws and a great win and performance against Portsmouth that everyone was drooling about (including the ones on here calling for his head).

Tony il happily have a bet with you if you're confident enough?

I bet you we don't even finish in the top 11 if we do finsh in top 11 il happily hunt you down before last game of season and buy you a pint .

If we don't finsh top 11 you have to admit this idiot is lost and I was right.

Becuase we aren't gaurenteed to stay up with him are we okay home record is good away is average crap we just hang on

At home we aren't pulling up any trees yea we have beat a few crap teams and Pompey was a one off but Crawley who are shite are a few points off us also Barnett.

These are teams with pennies and half the players so il happily beat you moniz won't take us any higher then were we are 14-17th

And if Eddie or branston can play players in the right postions that's a start and a plus

So you up for the bet then my confidence against you're faith in moniz you have nothing to lose and all to gain 🍺🍺

What decent manager in their right mind would want to come to Notts if we sack Moniz? Our record of getting rid of managers at the slightest excuse is terrible.

We would probably end up with Smith/Eddie/Branston as manager, perm any one from three, until the end of the season then get relegated.

Things were looking up before Salford two away draws and a great win and performance against Portsmouth that everyone was drooling about (including the ones on here calling for his head).

Il be honest with you an everyone knows this I said we would beat Pompey and everyone laughed at me for suggesting it.

But I didn't say we'd wipe the floor with them and Pompey were unlucky if it wasn't for Carroll they could of been 3-1 by half time second half just as many more.

They way they walked thro the midfield at will or whipped a ball in the box they looked like scoring yea we did win which is what counts but that could of easily won.

Our goal was a lucky free kick yea it's in the right area and no mans land for any goalie but take that win away and look over other games.

York Yeovil Luton Dagenham away Exter away Orient away Bristol away York gifted us a win we couldn't score otherwise that showed Luton we gave a 2-0 lead away Yeovil could of easily had 2 goals near the end.

Bristol away we was lucky to gain a point Dagenham away close to near the end when they rattled the bar so many games we could easily of lost.

I'm not saying we're gonna get anyone amazing but let's be honest here a manager who has a decent contract has expierence has badges.

Should be able to have a plan I'm sick of always hearing the Philosphy what is this damn Philosphy is it playing everyone out of there postions?

Is it the Philosphy of Jenner must always play.
is it the Philosphy of moniz and the ageing trio.

I mean so many question like why loan a left wing an play him left back then say we don't want loans this year?

Why say Jimmy Spencer is a good player and has a bright future but shove him in reserves like he's crap

Why sign Bennett give one match and then shove away cause he makes a mistake same for holis.

In fact is Jenner going to be shipped away for his discrageful behaviour of kickin a ball at a fan then trying to fight.

Probaly not why cause he is moniz best mate that's damn why

I'm sick of mangers coming here having best pals that always get a game no matter how shite they are examples

Derry oh hey Alan were mates there for you will never get dropped oh hey Hayden mates you won't get dropped.

Moniz oh hey Jenner best mates for life you will always get a game even tho I have better wingers then you and younger but hey I need to play you .

Oh hey Jon stead you a vast expierenced footballer I know you're a striker so what I'm gonna do is player you as a number 7 winger today I have two on the bench tho .

Oh hey Audel you're a CB but hey I have sent Blake Adams to Mansfield he is not good enough to play for Notts county but he is good enough for a play off team so now Audel you my left back.

Hey Izale I just pay 150,000 for you but you can't play striker you now play wide forward to while a try stead in middle

And in every game another thing I have spotted it's the same expression when we let a goal in hand on face as if to say I don't have a clue here let's pray and hope

Kevan and moniz hardly communicate say what you all will sooner or later at home we will get found out and caught out and when that happens we are screwed.

But another thing that gets me I don't care that smith has expierence great but he can't keep up with the pace in the middle Pompey ripped him .

But Curtis won't get a game cause he is not his mate the points I make are valid and my own points no doubt someone will say there all incorrect my view of what I see and how I feel

Ps No disrespect to you either Tony it's just my view don't take it wrong 👍🏻😊

I applaud Moniz for offloading rubbish & recognising he's signed some tripe. Credit to him for that. (I have never drooled over him, I've been patiently waiting to see what he is made of. Sadly, the evidence is now quite convincing).

However, the effect is that he has reverted to Edwards & Smith as first choice selections. He continually ignores Thompson & persists with Stead, the latter played in any but they most obvious role!

Tactically, the bloke got it right against Portsmouth but invariably gets it wrong. We have been abject more times than we have been decent, we can't buy a win/point away from home & we sit in an uncomfortable position in the League after a third of the season. We got dumped out of 2 Cup competitions by being atrocious.

There is precious little to suggest that the manager is going to improve matters.

I simply ask, where is this optimism springing from?

If I'd seen more of Notts I'd have a stronger opinion, but at the moment I can see both sides of the debate. The way we respond to this is very important - a couple of wins would see us surge up the table and Friday would be (almost) forgotten.

"Who'd want to join us if we sacked Moniz" is not an argument - it's still one of the top 92 football jobs in the country. We never have any shortage of candidates, and we wouldn't this time either. Many managers would see a squad with potential and a chairman with money to burn as a chance to boost their CVs.

I'm not a fan of the "sack a manager a season" approach, they should be allowed to make their mistakes and correct them. RM wasted a lot of money in the summer, but I think this is something he'd acknowledge now. And let's not forget that since we've tightened up at the back, we've started picking up points away too and have moved to within 4 points of the play-offs. A manager who isn't likely to be replaced in the next few months probably has a lot more authority in the dressing room too.

It's always darkest before dawn. Remember the defeat against Mansfield in the season we spent in administration? It felt like a humiliation, and we looked like going down. But we held on to our manager, went on a decent run and easily stayed up with weeks to spare, while Mansfield went down.

However, I can't help feeling that we're papering over the cracks at the moment. Sheehan is only on a three-month loan and Edwards has come out of retirement (again) to shore up our defence. Where will we be if one gets recalled and the other injured? We have plenty of talent in the squad, but are wasting it. McLeod is the most obvious example, he should be the most potent striker outside the Championship. If you're going to play one centre forward, one of McLeod or Stead needs to be on the bench. Then there are the bizarre decisions - the nine changes at Orient, just when we were starting to get into our stride. The decision to spend 90 minutes lumping the ball towards the corner flag at Salford instead of holding on to the ball and bossing the game, and then refusing to change it when it was quite apparent it was going to go badly wrong.

If I'd seen more of Notts I'd have a stronger opinion, but at the moment I can see both sides of the debate. The way we respond to this is very important - a couple of wins would see us surge up the table and Friday would be (almost) forgotten.

"Who'd want to join us if we sacked Moniz" is not an argument - it's still one of the top 92 football jobs in the country. We never have any shortage of candidates, and we wouldn't this time either. Many managers would see a squad with potential and a chairman with money to burn as a chance to boost their CVs.

I'm not a fan of the "sack a manager a season" approach, they should be allowed to make their mistakes and correct them. RM wasted a lot of money in the summer, but I think this is something he'd acknowledge now. And let's not forget that since we've tightened up at the back, we've started picking up points away too and have moved to within 4 points of the play-offs. A manager who isn't likely to be replaced in the next few months probably has a lot more authority in the dressing room too.

It's always darkest before dawn. Remember the defeat against Mansfield in the season we spent in administration? It felt like a humiliation, and we looked like going down. But we held on to our manager, went on a decent run and easily stayed up with weeks to spare, while Mansfield went down.

However, I can't help feeling that we're papering over the cracks at the moment. Sheehan is only on a three-month loan and Edwards has come out of retirement (again) to shore up our defence. Where will we be if one gets recalled and the other injured? We have plenty of talent in the squad, but are wasting it. McLeod is the most obvious example, he should be the most potent striker outside the Championship. If you're going to play one centre forward, one of McLeod or Stead needs to be on the bench. Then there are the bizarre decisions - the nine changes at Orient, just when we were starting to get into our stride. The decision to spend 90 minutes lumping the ball towards the corner flag at Salford instead of holding on to the ball and bossing the game, and then refusing to change it when it was quite apparent it was going to go badly wrong.

Point proven but with us not playing this Saturday and Crawley Newport and Barnet right on us this say they could overtake us we could go to 17th-18th

So that could be a bad choice alone to cancel this week especially when we have decent replacements then a lose to Northamphton we could easily be 20-21st

Audel isn't as good as Adams despite Adams not the best in the world he's better then Audel Edwards should be doc using on fitness cause the rest clearly aren't.

A centre back was No1 but instead we did the opposite we get a loan in but not a CB a winger we've got good wingers just chooses not to play them.

Then plays the loan winger as a full back the last few home wins havent been amazing Pompey Carroll saved a lot more York gifted us the win.

Bristol rovers away believe me we were extremely lucky to get a point I mean that they could of had 2or 3

Smith is no were near as good as Curtis is and Curtis offers more energy and determination Noble always try's the smartes pass possible even against Salford when he could of put McLeod in he tried the clever ball.

Stanley is far better up the pitch cause he is the only creative ball player we have De Silva is like moniz more interested if his hair is okay an in check.

Stead isn't a winger so play Burke or Snidjers not rocket science Jenner send him to the Trent and shove him on a boat .

Bennett been quality for Newport but guess none of us noticed how good he was as he only has one game

Adams is doing good up the road but hey he ain't good enough either is he

I'm sure he also picks the team by what mystic meg predictes cause neither of our wingers can cross a ball Burke can but hey he's been benched lately hel be another soon a bench warmer.

If I was Valencic Snidjers amervor id look for a loan in league two cause this clown ain't going to play em and Snidjers would do any team a good job so would Valencic.

As for who would come in if we sack him well I'm not bein funny people would apply a can gaurentee you most league two managers would love this squad decent players in it.

potential is there just not bein managed properly I'm sorry but if we fall to 17-18th this weekend it's no were near good enough you can't survive just on home form.

Sooner or later teams around us are going to start wining home and away were already miles of the top 2

this weekend we could be 7 points off playoffs lose to Northamphton and they all win 10 points if we lose touch with play offs we have nothing for the money he's wasted.

Guest gtownjohnno

Does anyone know which county players have been called up for international duty this weekend?...wycombe have a friendly at home to leeds on friday evening....

I applaud Moniz for offloading rubbish & recognising he's signed some tripe. Credit to him for that. (I have never drooled over him, I've been patiently waiting to see what he is made of. Sadly, the evidence is now quite convincing).

However, the effect is that he has reverted to Edwards & Smith as first choice selections. He continually ignores Thompson & persists with Stead, the latter played in any but they most obvious role!

Tactically, the bloke got it right against Portsmouth but invariably gets it wrong. We have been abject more times than we have been decent, we can't buy a win/point away from home & we sit in an uncomfortable position in the League after a third of the season. We got dumped out of 2 Cup competitions by being atrocious.

There is precious little to suggest that the manager is going to improve matters.

I simply ask, where is this optimism springing from?

You say we can't buy a point away from home but is that correct? We have got two draws in our last two away matches. We did get knocked out of two cup competitions, but we also lost against Aston Villa in a cup match after playing well which was no disgrace. I wouldn't say I'm an optimist or a pessimist but I have paid for a season ticket, and the football at home - with the exception of the Mansfield league match - has been better and more entertaining than pretty much every match under Derry and Kiwomya.

You say we can't buy a point away from home but is that correct? We have got two draws in our last two away matches. We did get knocked out of two cup competitions, but we also lost against Aston Villa in a cup match after playing well which was no disgrace. I wouldn't say I'm an optimist or a pessimist but I have paid for a season ticket, and the football at home - with the exception of the Mansfield league match - has been better and more entertaining than pretty much every match under Derry and Kiwomya.

are you suggesting our away performance is improving 😂😂 Bristol rovers outplayed us and should of had 3 or 4 luckily Easter came on near the end otherwise he may have had a few exter we had a few chances they nearly nicked it.

At home yea I suppose it's decent football but let's be real Mansfield could have 3 or 4 aswell Plymouth we couldn't score for our lives York we couldn't score til they gifted us a goal we threw a 2-0 lead against Luton to marginally win.

Accrington we had about 1,000 shots and still drew I read a statistic not long ago that we have the most shots per game in this league and we only win games at home by the odd goal.

I mean how long can we go on at home he is just getting lucky same thing happens to Derry il be honest last year when we was flying in 3rd and eventually we got found out just like we will at home soon.

One thing Derry had was motivation and passion one thing moniz doesn't have especially in local Derbyshire I don't think I saw a slight ounce of passion against stags or Salford .

If we lose next 2 at home I wonder how long itl be til you all start saying he's clueless unless you're going to be in denial this is my view only I to like you am a season ticket holder.

And I've not seen one game were we are super clinical and look like we are a team that's going to just slice teams up.

Il give Pompey credit they came here and cut through us like we weren't there had wingers with pace and creativity and you can see why there up there there winning away and not losing at home.

We win at home so far against average lower half teams lost to 2 top 7 sided teams and beat one team in top 2 by a extremely fortunate free kick.

Itl be interesting how we do against a good Northampton side in form and a very physical Barnet side to see how good we are .

To me though I don't think moniz has enough knowledge of this league what's required and what's effective.

I mean it's a very physical league I still believe we would of been far better off with a English manager who's managed this level before with success becuase this squad is good.

Even Paul cook said we shouldn't be were we are with the players we have money we've spent and he's damn right.

Like I said we don't play this Saturday others beneath us win we go 17th-18th and teams even Lower can close the gap so no danger really is there bein 17th.

Halfway through November if they all win that is could be 16th at least tho think about it are you happy to just say oh he will come good.

This season to me didn't really seem to be planned out thought out no strategy or structured plan .

Transfer panel buying there own types of players manager arguing wid branston over strikers etc etc then going public to cause more petty arguments the signs were there from day 1 it's like painting a wall with cracks.

You can make it look shiny and pretty on the outside but under the surface the same crack remain only growing as time goes by and that's how the performances are at times sometimes great sometimes apailing

Archived