owner u turn?

liampie

• Followers:  5
  • Content Count:  1,932
  • Days Won:  26

40 minutes ago, Dripsey3 said:

The problem is we have seen all this before from RT. Look at the mess that was left behind at Lincoln. Admittedly RT was only one member of the board, but he threw his toys out of the pram at Lincoln and put them on the slippery slope to non league football. That's unsettling given his toys are all over the floor....again......

That was more to do with paying a manager that wasn't there apparantly. 

Tbh what his family had to withstand was disgusting abhorent behaviour. I don't agree with a lot of what has happened but for people to think it is ok (and i am in no way saying that you condone this type of behaviour) to act in the manner they did was appauling. I get the frustrations and the blame game that took place over social media and the fact that everyone will see a situation differently but he cannot be blamed for taking the action he did nor now if he has indeed decided to give it another go.

Surely the embargo etc should show people that they need to be very careful of what they wish for.

1 hour ago, Who r ya?? You Pies!! said:

Some interesting points above well made , if the owners are to stay , if lessons have been learnt in lots of ways then ok , let the manager do his stuff give him time , not just the owner but us fans also , I'm kind of hoping that the bills ect are things we will hear about in the coming days , and that we come out of embargo asap , so the rebuilding can get going , think we'll see clearer the intent for the future then .

We play, as fans, the biggest part of it.

Lets be honest RT gave us all hope of a magical new dawn just when we thought we were going to go out of business, he put his hand in his pocket to the tune of millions which we could all see and that ambition he gave us as fans has been the biggest stick people have tried to beat him with.

We need to settle down and accept certain situations then try and move forward as a whole club

• Content Count:  2,466
  • Days Won:  68

Supporter+
26 minutes ago, Northants Pie said:

That was more to do with paying a manager that wasn't there apparantly. 

Tbh what his family had to withstand was disgusting abhorent behaviour. I don't agree with a lot of what has happened but for people to think it is ok (and i am in no way saying that you condone this type of behaviour) to act in the manner they did was appauling. I get the frustrations and the blame game that took place over social media and the fact that everyone will see a situation differently but he cannot be blamed for taking the action he did nor now if he has indeed decided to give it another go.

Surely the embargo etc should show people that they need to be very careful of what they wish for.

The embargo is a direct result of RT's actions. It's amateurish to allow such a situation to develop. Withholding money owed to other football clubs is unacceptable. It creates ill will and does nothing for the reputation of the club as a whole. All anyone can ask for is a stable, well run club. We are neither at the moment. I don't believe RT is capable of delivering either to be frank about it. 

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  2,655
  • Days Won:  89

On 5/29/2016 at 06:58, Super_Danny_Allsopp said:

Seeing as we have no communication regarding a potential takeover, we can only speculate. Given the limited amount of information we have, there are a number of possibilities:

1. There were no other serious bidders apart from Alan Hardy, who wouldn't meet RT's asking price. RT to remain as owner.
2. The other interested parties ('race to finish line') didn't like what they saw when doing due diligence. RT to remain as owner.
3. As RT mentioned, the takeover is taking a lot longer than originally foreseen, therefore RT is ensuring the club is at least stable in the forthcoming months whilst the takeover is delayed.
4. RT has decided he no longer wants to sell, regardless of price etc...

Where we stand is anyone's guess. The above 4 seem the most plausible from the information that is public. I hope that no.3 is correct, as going on the past 6 years, RT becomes disillusioned as quickly as he does reinvigorated, and that is no good for the club long-term. 

With the press release from RT via NEP, it seems that number 1 was the closest, or perhaps number 2. 

Whatever way you want to twist it, it doesn't look good. Yet again RT has, at best, jumped the gun with the 'race to the finish line'. At worst, that statement was complete bull. It's not the first time though, and we all should have expected it. Let's remind ourselves why RT put us up for sale in the first place, because of 'keyboard warriors' abusing his family. These 'keyboard warriors' haven't gone anywhere, so the reason (or the reason he gave) still stands, therefore I don't understand why now he wants to be pouring money down the 'black hole that is Notts County'. For me, if the situation of abuse to his family, of which I no doubt there will have been some, is that bad, you sell up and take what price you can get, not become reinvigorated because you want another pop at it. 

So we plod along with RT as owner, who clearly hasn't learnt from his mistakes, and to be honest I doubt he even acknowledges them. You can kind of see the direction this is going, I hope not for all our sake. At least the outlook is a bit brighter with a decent manager at the helm, whether or not he will be allowed to manage without interference remains to be seen. 

• Followers:  11
  • Content Count:  8,781
  • Days Won:  193
  • 𝕏:  twitter @piethagoram

@Modern Fan 1862 👍 Maybe the timing of cash flows have been the result of commitments made by a variety of CEO's, and thus outside the Directors immediate control. Yes, it's speculation and I too feel embarrassed as a Notts supporter that we are under an embargo for failing to pay football creditors.

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  1,703
  • Days Won:  36

8 hours ago, Fozzy said: I don't care who owns the club as long as we have a decent manager, a budget worthy of our position and most importantly a chairman not trying to micro manage. If all those are ticked, then we're fine.

At the end of the day, put a winning team on the pitch and the fans will come to watch them, no matter who is in charge. It happened with Pavis and it would happen with RT.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They will only come back towards the end of the season,if promotion is possible,not the bread & butter games.I bet our 1st home game this coming season if RT is here will be 4k home fans if were lucky.We weren,t even getting that at the end of the season.

Fans are precious to Notts,like every other club,but Notts fan base will not swell on the good times like others.Never has done.

Pavis always moaned about Notts support.Look at Svens first home game.We couldn,t even get double figures against Bradford,who have a decent away following

Depends who the first game is against and if there is any sign of quality in the new signings.

Notts have not had 5 figure crowds in the bottom 2 divisions since Sirrel's days, so I wouldn't ever expect that, but if we do well our average could top 6000. Even under Warnock we only got between 4-5000 until we started pressurising the top 2-3 in the division.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

19 hours ago, Dripsey3 said:

The embargo is a direct result of RT's actions. It's amateurish to allow such a situation to develop. Withholding money owed to other football clubs is unacceptable. It creates ill will and does nothing for the reputation of the club as a whole. All anyone can ask for is a stable, well run club. We are neither at the moment. I don't believe RT is capable of delivering either to be frank about it. 

I agree completely with all you have said. My point was purely based on the need for us as a club to have a financial backer not just a chairman as we would struggle without one

17 hours ago, Super_Danny_Allsopp said:

With the press release from RT via NEP, it seems that number 1 was the closest, or perhaps number 2. 

Whatever way you want to twist it, it doesn't look good. Yet again RT has, at best, jumped the gun with the 'race to the finish line'. At worst, that statement was complete bull. It's not the first time though, and we all should have expected it. Let's remind ourselves why RT put us up for sale in the first place, because of 'keyboard warriors' abusing his family. These 'keyboard warriors' haven't gone anywhere, so the reason (or the reason he gave) still stands, therefore I don't understand why now he wants to be pouring money down the 'black hole that is Notts County'. For me, if the situation of abuse to his family, of which I no doubt there will have been some, is that bad, you sell up and take what price you can get, not become reinvigorated because you want another pop at it. 

So we plod along with RT as owner, who clearly hasn't learnt from his mistakes, and to be honest I doubt he even acknowledges them. You can kind of see the direction this is going, I hope not for all our sake. At least the outlook is a bit brighter with a decent manager at the helm, whether or not he will be allowed to manage without interference remains to be seen. 

Wasn't the abuse directly after a game when their kids were there? 

They took too much notice of the mad board before, hopefully they wont enter into any form of contact over social media this time around

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  2,655
  • Days Won:  89

36 minutes ago, Northants Pie said:

Wasn't the abuse directly after a game when their kids were there? 

They took too much notice of the mad board before, hopefully they wont enter into any form of contact over social media this time around

I think so.

For your 2nd point, come on, that's laughable. We still have RT going on social media calling himself a phoenix and threatening people with legal action, plus AT on here. This is exactly the point I'm making, nothings changed.

1 hour ago, Super_Danny_Allsopp said:

I think so.

For your 2nd point, come on, that's laughable. We still have RT going on social media calling himself a phoenix and threatening people with legal action, plus AT on here. This is exactly the point I'm making, nothings changed.

To clarify my second point as i feel it has been misunderstood. They took too much notice of the we want, we want brigade on the mad forum and took that as the general consensus of the Notts fans.

As for their own actions on social media, petulant is what I would say.

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,916
  • Days Won:  162

the thing i dont get is why hes saying he will take the club off the market after handing the job to sell the club to someone else supposedly.

it does not make any sense.

leave the club on the market but complete the sale at a safe point, unless there is no intention on selling the club. i worry that the people who wont forgive all the issues will have an impact, unless they draw a line and try to repair things.

• Content Count:  2,466
  • Days Won:  68

Supporter+

The embargo will be lifted next week apparently. Given the recent statements from the club, I take that to mean it will be lifted a week before the start of next season. It reminds me of Wimpy from Popeye  "I told my bank that I'd gladly pay them Tuesday for a hamburger today". 

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,000
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

@Drivingmenotts spoke about it, he made a point about not having the takeover hanging over the season - it makes sense with all the turbulence we saw last season, especially if we aim to get out of this division but points above makes sense too.

Why take the club off the market? If you have an agent handling the discussions, keep the leaks of negations to a minimum and a way from the playing squad.

If it's been decided to have another go at a fresh season, I think it should just be said but there's a lot of uncertainly, which I don't think will be resolved until things are changed. If it's a u turn or not, the decision must be for the betterment of the football club.

• Followers:  3
  • Content Count:  1,465
  • Days Won:  5

Look at all the clubs who are enjoying success and compare them to the ones who are struggling. As a club you can not cut corners, expect short cuts or gambles to pay off.

On 30/05/2016 at 11:03, Who r ya?? You Pies!! said:

Some interesting points above well made , if the owners are to stay , if lessons have been learnt in lots of ways then ok , let the manager do his stuff give him time , not just the owner but us fans also , I'm kind of hoping that the bills ect are things we will hear about in the coming days , and that we come out of embargo asap , so the rebuilding can get going , think we'll see clearer the intent for the future then .

Part of me feels like the asking price is the reason why the clubs stumbling to be sold. I am just assuming going off whats been said but Ray mentioned two had met his asking price, he has also said that the clubs running costs have been reduced so that the losses are kept to a minimum. I think this was a few years back now, but the rumours about being in debt have concerns for me.

If we are running in minor loss margins why would two bidders who had met the asking price pull out?

It makes you wonder about the change of direction now.

Archived