Carl Dickinson!

BBC radio Nottingham sport (that's a mouth full) have reported that we are in negotiations to sign 29 year old Left back/Centre back Carl Dickinson from Port vale!

He was formerly captain at Vale and made over 120 appearances for them in league 1, he has played for both Stoke and Watford in the past but has spent the last 3 years as a regular for port vale!

Looks like a very solid defender to me! And I think its important we have leaders in the team, I know Charlie/ian? Mcparland said he had at least 6 captains in the team we went up with!

The name does ring a bell and he does sound like the type of player we need. Leigh Curtis keeps banging on about Michael O'Connor, who has also left Port Vale in the summer because he want to be more local to Lincoln in his commute. I can't remember him as a player, but his stats appear to be OK.

I've also seen that Drew Talbot has been released by Chesterfield and is a previous player under JS.

Wow, a proven defender linked with us? It's not April the 1st is it? 

If we pull this signing off it's a step in the right direction, experienced, can defend, played at higher levels than league 2 successfully, can defend, a leader, all things that this squad lacked last year. I hope we can sign him. Negative point - he's a Forest supporter 🤔 Come on you pies! 

Wow, a proven defender linked with us? It's not April the 1st is it? 

If we pull this signing off it's a step in the right direction, experienced, can defend, played at higher levels than league 2 successfully, can defend, a leader, all things that this squad lacked last year. I hope we can sign him. Negative point - he's a Forest supporter 🤔 Come on you pies! 

Wes Morgan is a Manchester united fan but that didn't stop him scoring against them [emoji6]

The name does ring a bell and he does sound like the type of player we need. Leigh Curtis keeps banging on about Michael O'Connor, who has also left Port Vale in the summer because he want to be more local to Lincoln in his commute. I can't remember him as a player, but his stats appear to be OK.

I've also seen that Drew Talbot has been released by Chesterfield and is a previous player under JS.

Michael O'Connor looks a decent player aswell, someone that doesn't mind scrapping in the middle, he's played regularly for port vale if I remember rightly, he could be a good signing aswell! Likewise with Talbot, if we can sign decent players from league 1 then we should be on our way

5 minutes ago, ohstanleyaborah said:

Michael O'Connor looks a decent player aswell, someone that doesn't mind scrapping in the middle, he's played regularly for port vale if I remember rightly, he could be a good signing aswell! Likewise with Talbot, if we can sign decent players from league 1 then we should be on our way

Michael O'Connor, there's a name that rings a bell. When I went to Ireland when I was 15, nearly everyone seemed to be called Michael O'Connor.

5 minutes ago, ohstanleyaborah said: Michael O'Connor looks a decent player aswell, someone that doesn't mind scrapping in the middle, he's played regularly for port vale if I remember rightly, he could be a good signing aswell! Likewise with Talbot, if we can sign decent players from league 1 then we should be on our way

Michael O'Connor, there's a name that rings a bell. When I went to Ireland when I was 15, nearly everyone seemed to be called Michael O'Connor.

That's the problem trying to Google him! But I think he did play for northern Ireland in some form

Supporter+
2 hours ago, ohstanleyaborah said:

That's the problem trying to Google him! But I think he did play for northern Ireland in some form

Here you go: 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_O%27Connor_(footballer,_born_1987)

He's a good player. Would certainly add something to our squad. The article mentions it but he caused a bit of a commotion when he switched from NI to ROI, he switched back to NI in the end. A few players have done that over the years. 

I love how on the other site they are moaning about Dickinson being rubbish and too old... he will be a massive improvement on anyone in last year's defence I'll bet. He also seems to have the correct mentality, he doesn't seem to shy away from the battle from what I've heard. Looks like a solid signing for me

Here's what Vale fans think of him. Steady but unspectacular seems to be a popular opinion. That's what you need at the back.

http://www.onevalefan.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?25401-Dicko-signing-for

Had a look through and some of them rate him and some have just turned on him now hes leaving, but most have said he has passion which is more than can be said for most of our lads last year

Archived