Alex Rodman (Not Dennis's brother)

Fozzy

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  1,703
  • Days Won:  36

Radio Nottingham reported this morning that we are about to sign him from Newport. Bit of an odd one, 29 years old, played most of his career in non league, but he is a winger, so JS must have seen something in him and I wouldn't have thought he will be on a lot.

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  1,179
  • Days Won:  23

Was just about to post this! Ive never really heard of him but obviously Sheridan rates him from his Newport days

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  1,703
  • Days Won:  36

Neither had I, apparently he scored against us last season, but that doesn't really narrow it down!

He did and it was a pretty well taken goal, but I trust shezza, so he must be half decent

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  1,727

he's played at Grimsby Gateshead Newport.

His goal against was good to be fair to him no messing smashed it good movement to I've said it before in this league you don't need 5 huge big names.

You need grafters an battlers and maybe the odd Stanley or the Rubén Reid type someone who can make that difference.

Last year we had no battlers or grafters and in the middle of the park we got out battled.

And the difference between league 2 and conference players ain't massive in my opinion so could be a good signing.

as Sheridan has a habit of getting players who aren't izale mcleod type livin off there big name etc but they do well for themselves.

I trust his judgement 

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  5,444
  • Days Won:  287

JS managed him at Newport last season so he must have seen something he likes.

And if he turns out to be rubbish, at least we can blame everything on Rodders again ;)

57 minutes ago, Who r ya?? You Pies!! said:

Yeah in shezza we trust, won't break the bank coyp and England today against the welsh 

I imagine he has a big budget at this level but what's the point spending it on massive signings like mcleods and burkes etc there luxuries not rather have battlers with quality maybe add the odd Rubén Reid type to add some goals etc 

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,000
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

Who?

I don't want write anything negative but Newport and his age, it seems like a signing we would have made last season. That said, I admit - I'm not familiar with his name off the top of my head. What position does he play? I haven't seen anyone mention that (but I may require glasses). :lol:

Who?

I don't want write anything negative but Newport and his age, it seems like a signing we would have made last season. That said, I admit - I'm not familiar with his name off the top of my head. What position does he play? I haven't seen anyone mention that (but I may require glasses). :lol:

He's a winger boss! He's played in league 2 in the past with Aldershot and Newport obviously but he has spent most of his career in the conference, but so has Jamie vardy! [emoji6]

• Content Count:  322
  • Days Won:  7
  • 𝕏:  twitter @TheCalFoster

@notts-joe a winger, 5 goals in 34 games, he can't be any worse than we've already got? Can he? 🤔 Looks good a decent player..

Hopefully, he has pace and the ability to pick a cross - we do need a winger that can do this and chip in with goals.

I need to do some homework on him.

Cheers.

• Followers:  3
  • Content Count:  1,465
  • Days Won:  5

2 hours ago, ohstanleyaborah said:

He's a winger boss! He's played in league 2 in the past with Aldershot and Newport obviously but he has spent most of his career in the conference, but so has Jamie vardy! emoji6.png

Is he any good? Vardy earned 1million move to Leicester. What will we buy him for 18k? No comparison. ;)

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,916
  • Days Won:  162

im not sure what i can say, i do not know of the player and that is not a bad thing but his experience does not speak volumes.

7 hours ago, notts-joe said:

Who?

Mark Byrne was at Newport tho last season now at Gillingham and he's in his 26-28 I belive he is a winger.

Actually scored against us at meadow lane Sheridan does this he doesn't sign world beaters he signs players and gets them to over achieve  

37 minutes ago, Modern Notts Fan 🔥 said:

here you all go for those who don't know him 

I for one made the mistake of judging jullian Jenner from a YouTube compilation and look how well he turned out! But it looks like he doesn't score often but when he does he scores absolute crackers!

29 minutes ago, ohstanleyaborah said:

I for one made the mistake of judging jullian Jenner from a YouTube compilation and look how well he turned out! But it looks like he doesn't score often but when he does he scores absolute crackers!

difference is rodman has played for last season and seasons before Julian Jenner hadn't played for a year or so and didn't understand English football.

And the goal against us was a good one to

• Followers:  3
  • Content Count:  631
  • Days Won:  8

JS going about his business signing what look like good players for this league almost makes you forget about the possible Trexit. 

Welcome to Notts Alex Rodman looking forward to seeing some good play down the wing!

CoYP

#supernotts

• Followers:  5
  • Content Count:  2,466
  • Days Won:  68

Supporter+

A solid pro by all accounts. Good attitude. I'm happy.

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  1,263
  • Days Won:  25

Welcome Alex Rodman to the Lane hope you get us off our seats this coming season with some exciting wing wizardry COYP 

I wonder if @NewNottsFan is keeping up-to-date with Notts and if he thinks John Sheridan will succeed, certainly he's managed to turn negatives into positives (I'm not being sarcastic, I genuinely value NNF's opinion).

Rodman appears to have a lot of positives behind the move, I still can't comment but I hope he does well.

well out of the wingers we have Adam Campbell can't cross or score and is to light weight.

Burke isn't a winger has zero pace lazy attitude and fades in games sometimes you don't even no he's on the pitch.

If rodman can beat people which looks like he can he can score to which not many of our wingers can.

All we need now is oconner a left back maybe a right sided winger one striker or sub strikers an two solid centre backs 

Archived