Lee Hughes Q&A

Not heard a single thing about it, though I've heard Lee Hughes speak quite a few times and its largely the same stories.

Might be wise asking the club SDA.

PS. I'd put money on it not being recorded.

16 hours ago, Chris said:

Not heard a single thing about it, though I've heard Lee Hughes speak quite a few times and its largely the same stories.

Might be wise asking the club SDA.

PS. I'd put money on it not being recorded.

How much? I'll bet whatever I have because it's on Magpie Player. 

5 hours ago, Super_Danny_Allsopp said:

How much? I'll bet whatever I have because it's on Magpie Player. 

I missed where you mentioned that, I bet it's been edited a fair bit because of comments like the above (from Lee Hughes).

1 hour ago, TheFostarr94 said:

Hughes laid into the Trews, they was the reason he left, they put a block on a potential move under Moniz..

i am surprised more people who they stomped on and treated unfairly have not said more things about them publicly, its where our local media should have done more investigating but they just want to have a cushy life.

2 minutes ago, liampie said:

i am surprised more people who they stomped on and treated unfairly have not said more things about them publicly, its where our local media should have done more investigating but they just want to have a cushy life.

The club would then have probably ceased cooperating with thoem, and local sports journalists generally don't want to saw off the branch they are sitting on. National journalists have less to lose but have long had a blind spot when it comes to Notts.

Just now, DangerousSausage said:

The club would then have probably ceased cooperating with thoem, and local sports journalists generally don't want to saw off the branch they are sitting on. National journalists have less to lose but have long had a blind spot when it comes to Notts.

well ray did ban leigh curtis but that whole thing was rather pathetic.

i do think local media should be more accountable towards what happens, they shouldn't just report the good stuff or club friendly stuff. i think the post have taken it a step too far under hardy, they seem very keen to sweet talk every about the club. so i am not sure they need to saw any branches off but making the club accountable or giving a true representation of what happens.

player ratings are a joke, match reports are dressed up to make us sound better. its hardly reporting is it?

1 hour ago, Chris said:

I missed where you mentioned that, I bet it's been edited a fair bit because of comments like the above (from Lee Hughes).

Comments in the video are along the lines of:

- Left because Rodwell and the Trews forced him out. Was told by the kit man when he wasn't given the number 9, manager never said a word.
- Kevan talked to him last season but Trews blocked it
- 'Someone' would say things such as 'we would love to have you back', but LH knew they were saying the contrary as soon as his back was turned (no prize for guessing who the 'someone' may be).
- LH is so glad they've gone.
- Game and goal against Juve the highlight of his career.
- Player/manager at Worcester. AH promised a pre-season friendly against them at ML.
- Still thinks he's capable of playing at L2 level even at 41.
- Trews left Juve game at HT in a sulk because they weren't allowed into the posh box after the game. 

20 hours ago, Super_Danny_Allsopp said:

Was told by the kit man when he wasn't given the number 9, manager never said a word.

He addresses this in Paul Mace's book too. Apparently he wasn't informed at all. He turned up on the first day of pre-season, went to get the no. 9 kit and was then told the no. 9 shirt had been given to someone else. Must have been an embarrassing situation for everyone.

1 minute ago, DangerousSausage said:

He addresses this in Paul Mace's book too. Apparently he wasn't informed at all. He turned up on the first day of pre-season, went to get the no. 9 kit and was then told the no. 9 shirt had been given to someone else. Must have been an embarrassing situation for everyone.

Probably more so for those who didn't know, seems the kind of thing to expect from a certain party.

I recall people saying Lee had asked to leave after finding out and had issued sick notes, the whole thing seem to be one of those ironic plots that should never have happened. Sometimes people do things to be vindictive mind.

On 11 May 2017 at 17:38, Super_Danny_Allsopp said:

Comments in the video are along the lines of:

- Left because Rodwell and the Trews forced him out. Was told by the kit man when he wasn't given the number 9, manager never said a word.
- Kevan talked to him last season but Trews blocked it
- 'Someone' would say things such as 'we would love to have you back', but LH knew they were saying the contrary as soon as his back was turned (no prize for guessing who the 'someone' may be).
- LH is so glad they've gone.
- Game and goal against Juve the highlight of his career.
- Player/manager at Worcester. AH promised a pre-season friendly against them at ML.
- Still thinks he's capable of playing at L2 level even at 41.
- Trews left Juve game at HT in a sulk because they weren't allowed into the posh box after the game. 

I've not seen the video but there's a few inaccuracies there, if you're at all interested?

The then manager chose the squad numbers and the first the Board knew of the reallocation of the no 9 shirt was when Hughesie talked to them about it. A totally unjustified move. And my view is that he shouldn't have left in the first place. We didn't leave at half time, but just before the end as we had a disabled person with us at Juve and they wanted to avoid the crush. 

What is relayed to players by management teams is often put in such a way that the board is blamed for others decisions. Cowardly, but commonplace.

The Trews are actually 2 people. Each an individual.   Take all this as you will, of course!

On 11 May 2017 at 17:09, liampie said:

Maybe they weren't stomped on or treated unfairly and that's why they haven't gone public? Just a thought?

On 12 May 2017 at 14:15, Chris said:

Probably more so for those who didn't know, seems the kind of thing to expect from a certain party.

I recall people saying Lee had asked to leave after finding out and had issued sick notes, the whole thing seem to be one of those ironic plots that should never have happened. Sometimes people do things to be vindictive mind.

What are you talking about, Chris? Who is the "certain party?'  What "sick notes?"   

11 minutes ago, liampie said:

well they have folded and its believe to be because of the way they was ran, i just wondered how you felt about that injustice?

Well, I feel that there are many people out there who want to believe the spin. Other people can make up their own minds. I've been involved enough to know how people operate. Each to their own and good luck to them, if they feel that's what they need to do.

Just now, Patsypie said:

Well, I feel that there are many people out there who want to believe the spin. Other people can make up their own minds. I've been involved enough to know how people operate. Each to their own and good luck to them, if they feel that's what they need to do.

do you feel the mens team would have been relegated if the club had not have been sold?

Archived