Jake Buxton

4everapie

Left Wigan by mutual consent, as he wants to back to Nottinghamshire. Is this the type of centre half we're after. 32 year old and plenty of experience

Alan and Kev take note

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Isn't he injury prone? I thought that was why he left Derby. @super_ram thoughts?

I know he's a good defender and the right age of 30, yet if he has fitness worries I wouldn't gamble on him because I would rather have two CB's who establish themselves for the majority of the season and offer Collin that fluid understanding. I'm not convinced currently, I think we could find capable options that are younger but his experience does seem somewhat useful.

I'm just not keen on part players, rather see first team fighters and those without risk of injury.

Buxton was born in Sutton in Ashfield and I would hazard a guess his family lives around that area (the reports say Nottinghamshire instead of Nottingham). Now, I don't think he'll come to Notts, purely because he probably still fancies himself in Champ/L1. Can't see him either rejoining Derby or linking up with Forest, his place is more lower Champ / L1 at the minute so they may be a bridge too far. My prediction is either Rotherham or Sheffield United (or maybe Doncaster). Short trip up the M1, easy does it.

Wouldn't say he's particularly injury prone @Chris,he played 39 games for Wigan last season.There's no doubting his commitment and never say die attitude.He could do a job for Notts similar to what Dave Mckay did at Derby all those years ago but as @Joe Jones says Jake probably still fancies playing at a higher level.

It doesn't appear that Notts have much of a clue when it comes to signing centre halves. Decent player, but as @Melikepiesays, he needs a big man to play alongside him and we all know who that would be if he signs! Other teams appear to find centre backs that fit the mould of a typical lower division defender, but for some reason we haven't been able to for several years.

Archived