Safe standing is the future @Who r ya?? You Pies!! - it's flat metal seats with high rails. It can locked in the vertical position for standing (see pic). And we'd have the option to use it as seating once we're in the Champions League ;)

It's not really like old-style terracing but it's a sensible compromise and a damn sight safer than standing in seated areas where the seats are at shin height. It wouldn't be possible to convert the Kop to traditional terracing as it's too steep, but safe standing like in the pic would be no problem - because of the rails you can have very steep safe standing sections.

I'd like to see it at Notts but I'm not sure whether we will. With the ground two-thirds empty most weeks, it wouldn't seem to make financial sense to spend a six-figure sum coverting an area and then to offer lower ticket prices there. After an online search I found that installing safe standing generally costs 80 pounds per seat, compared to 30-50 for plastic seats. If we say that the lower section of the Kop holds 2000 (this is a guess), that means it would cost about 160k or one-and-a-half Liam Nobles. But I'd still love to see it. I'd definitely use it.

The safe standing areas we currently have in the UK are small. Celtic's holds around 2,500 and Shrewsbury are planning for 400 initially. Celtic only let in one person per seat (1.5-2 fans per seat is the norm on the continent), so their section looks a bit sparse when compared to Dortmund. But it's a start.

DSCF0125.jpg

No, it isn't for me. If we were to return to the old style of terracing, then I would agree with it, but you would totally have to rip out the stand as the steps are too great in them currently. Having seating with a bit of a rail in front of you just isn't the same and wouldn't allow the fans to go 'F'ing mental" like we used to do!

I'm all for safe standing, I thin it would be fantastic but I know the previous regime said it would be too costly.

I think with the pitch this season we are unlikely to see safe standing considered at Meadow Lane but I know of builders (fans) who believe that ML is very capable of being modernised for it. It also would still allow for seat for resting, and it's actually much safer than the old fashioned ways. The problem currently is there are fans who just stand for 90 minutes (despite stewards asking them politely to sit down). In seating areas standing isn't permitted and can result in the club being issued fines, whereas I personally remain unaffected - I do know it can be a problem for younger fans to see the game.

Then again, if this was to happen - standing will most likely remain in the seated areas due to some just being rule breakers or inconsiderate people.

It's just like leaning on an old-style crush barrier @Fozzy . Mind you, I don't know how mental you want to go!

I agree @Chris , it simply makes sense to offer the choice of standing or sitting. But with safe standing you can't just tip down the nearest rail seat if you fancy a rest, they're locked in the upright position.

i am in favour of safe standing because i can see it helping to create atmosphere and positive scenes at ml. the ground looks like it has suitable stands, though i think the sirrel stand should not be concerned due to the revenue from away fans. i would convert half of the family stand if i was alan hardy.

Thanks for that info @DangerousSausage i would use it for sure if notts do any in the future , think having read the above cost would be the issue maybe , a gradual introduction possibly to spread the cost , lower part of the cop would be great , a future thing maybe then , roll on champions league then watching like that , :shifty:

Archived