Liam Walker

TheCalFoster

Trialist Liam Walker, a Gibraltar international is being linked with a move to Notts but who is he? He's a 29 year old centre midfielder, who can list Portsmouth(when in league 1), Lincoln Red Imps, Europa Fc among his ex clubs. He's a similar player to Jorge Grant who he will likely provide competion for. A look at his Lincoln Red Imps career shows 43 games 23 goals and at Europa FC 26 games 15 goals. What's he done at Notts over the last two games? The quality of Forest stopped us from seeing how he was against them. Against Wigan he played some good football (as did Notts on the whole) tried to get some shots away, they was blocked alot of the time. 

He's definitely got pedigree, he's also played for an Israeli top-flight club (Bnei Yahud?) and his international role has seen him play against some of the top players in the world (he played against Germany). Worth a punt for sure.

I haven't really been impressed myself, yet he needs time and would hopefully contribute.

In the Forest game he seemed very ineffective, even to the point whereby he looked somewhat 'youthish'. I'd never have guessed until you told me @TheFostarr94 that it was him as I saw no signs of experience. Yet one friendly doesn't really say much, I do know that the number 8 has attracted a fair amount of negative feedback from prior friendlies too. Hence why I assumed it was a young player, yet he might just need time.

If he can score he would be an asset for us.

Unimpressed is a good way to sum Liam Walker up, he has not done much to shine but he needs to feature more.

He can be a influence in midfield, he is the type of leader that did well with Portsmouth and he can score. Only negative for me is the fact I cant really see him pushing for the first team at all. He will either start or be a sub, if he loses his place he will end up like Thompson fazed out. 

he looked better against wigan but one dimensional against forest.

yet he might be needing fitness or not quite match sharp so i will avoid saying anything else. if he signs, he signs and he would get my full support.

I don't bother with pre season friendlies, but it must be tough to come straight in and play two games in a few days without really knowing anything about the players, or system.

If we are going to sign him (as appears likely) then probably for a maximum of a 6 month contract, then if he is no good, we still have January to look elsewhere.

I'm not normally a fan of trialists, but at least Notts are thinking differently with this one.

Archived