Match Discussion: FA Cup - The Swans (H)

PON_News

FA Cup - The Swans (H)

Team: Swansea City

Date: 27/01/18

Where: Meadow Lane

What line-up should Kevin Nolan opt for? What will be the key areas for the Magpies to get a victory? What do you think the final score will be?

Have your say below, join in with the Pride of Nottingham match discussion.

watch us play well and get a decent result, the money could help us buy the proper players we require.

4 hours ago, liampie said:

watch us play well and get a decent result, the money could help us buy the proper players we require.

That's why I think we haven't bought a striker yet

This game will give us a chance to play the football we are capable of. I can’t see us winning but a decent performance might restore some confidence and get us back on track. I just hope we don’t get humiliated.

The Crew game is ages away and by then the transfer window will have closed so we will know if we managed to bring in any new faces. My worry is that the target for this year was consolidation in the league and reaching 50 points was the green light to start experimenting ready for a big push next season. It will be a shame if we miss out now but realistically I can’t see us finishing in the top 7. I honestly hope I’m wrong.

• Like 1

How things change huh?

Well myself and @Joe Jones talked about the upcoming game against Swansea and, much more in the latest PONcast.

I think it's unfortunate that our form has dramatically changed - whereas Swansea's has improved for the better. I have a feeling the cup could now become an unwanted distraction, I'm pleased we are in but I am concerned that we could lose further ground in the league. I think we just need to play with a lot of heart and, character. If we can do the basics we should be okay.

Yet it's going to be a difficult game.

That was class , great atmosphere , great occasion , terrific result, in the draw , get the replay on TV , well done Notts great combative performance had our moments as well , so proud COYP 

No criticism of either us or Swansea, I felt both teams did very well.

Second half again for Notts was a delight to watch and, although I think it shown how the formation being 4-4-2 suites us best. I do feel we gave Swansea a good fight and wholeheartedly deserved the draw.

Very impressed with our fans and the fact the performance was motivated.

• Like 1

i thought we could count ourselves lucky that swansea seemed poor on goal in the first half. we had a few okay chances but never really tested their keeper, i do think we defended well throughout the game.

good to get level with them after the lapse in concentration.