A snowy day at Meadow Lane

Fan of Big Tone

Supporter+

This was my view sitting on the half way line just behind the dugouts, although we were under cover the snow was blowing into the stand, it was bitterly cold too.

5aae4cefaf20f_snowydayatmeadowlane.jpg.82354205da4e875bbea10607a5195315.jpg

I remember one game a couple years ago where they got volunteers to clear the pitch of snow the morning of the game (Notts v Sheffield United if I remember), I went to that and I learned very quickly to double/triple up on socks and wear some proper boots rather than trainers the following time. The body goes into survival mode!

I don’t think the conditions affected the pitch or the match too much. I recall gameS in the 70’s and 80’s played in worse conditions. I don’t know if it’s because of my age, or because of not being stood amongst others on terracing, who protected you a bit from wind and cold, but I really can’t remember ever being so cold. My wife gave up after 20 mins and went in to town. 

it must have played some part in it, as i think it took the players some time to get used to it. it was very hard to see from the stands so the keepers must have hated the storm like conditions but i think both teams did okay.

On 3/18/2018 at 12:26, Fan of Big Tone said:

This was my view sitting on the half way line just behind the dugouts, although we were under cover the snow was blowing into the stand, it was bitterly cold too.

5aae4cefaf20f_snowydayatmeadowlane.jpg.82354205da4e875bbea10607a5195315.jpg

Shouldn't this be in the snowmen thread? :D

Hope you've all thawed out by now. I felt cold watching it on my PC!

Archived