Calls for Nolan’s head on Social Media

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,773
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

I think I will have to give social media and particularly twitter a rest it went into meltdown yesterday after Notts lost 1-0 to Accrington. Lots of posters are now calling for KN to be sacked. If you challenge them all you get is foul language and abuse. I find it best not to engage with them now and I suspect a the majority of decent fans feel the same, a minority of our “supporters” seem intent on bringing the club, owner, manager and players down at every opportunity.

I didn’t go to Accrington and I applaud those that spent their hard earned money to travel all that way and have to stand in the pouring rain but surely as a Notts supporter they have to understand that we can’t win every game, we aren’t Man City, we are a fourth tier team with players of that standard. They do have bad games they always will, it’s what we as supporters sign up for if we support Notts.

To sack Nolan now would be a ridiculous thing to do and I don’t believe Hardy will seriously consider it, Nolan has done a fantastic job this season and I think he will be here next season as well. He is new to management and has made mistakes, Hardy is also new and likewise he has made mistakes but I believe this partnership between owner and manager will get better, as fans we need to give them all the support we can along with the team.

Some people need to stop moaning and start supporting the club in good times and bad.

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  1,904
  • Days Won:  17

Hear Hear @Fan Of Big Tone, Notts as a club need stability. No need for foul mouth abuse is there. 

• Followers:  3
  • Content Count:  2,894
  • Days Won:  229

Just imagine if Man United fans had been so vociferous in calling for Sir Alex Ferguson to be sacked in his early years and Man United, or Pep Guardiola at Man City last year when they finished trophyless... we almost certainly won't get auto promotion this season and the playoffs are always a lottery but even if next season sees us still in League Two, then something can happen called "building on the previous year's progress". Our team at the minute, I feel is 75% of the way there in terms of being a bona fide promotion winner. Nolan and Hardy will go back to the drawing board and build on it.

Actually, no. F**k that. Let's kick Nolan out, bring in someone else who will oversee a slump to lower-mid table, and let's all b***h and moan like we did when Curle went.

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  1,263
  • Days Won:  25

Think maybe some can’t handle disappointment when bumps in the journey occur, league 2 is our status we are striving to improve and progress and we are in my view , KN needs time , the team needs time to evolve over a season or two , but hey this season is still alive and kicking and much to play for , coyp 

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  5,444
  • Days Won:  287

The Notts posts on Facebook make for depressing reading - people are actually calling for the squad to be kicked out and for us to start from scratch. Tone and Joe are both bang on in their posts above.

Even when we've had a bad season, I always call for the same thing - for us to hold on to most of the team/squad and BUILD ON IT by making targeted signings to address our weaknesses. Every single promotion-winning Notts team in my lifetime has been built this way. The Notts team on the last day of the 2009-10 promotion-winning season featured seven players from the team that had flirted with the Conference the year before. Fat Sam's championship-winning team was almost identical to Colin Murphy's chumps of the year before. On the other hand, some of the worst seasons I've seen (last season, the Gary Mills season) have been when we've started from scratch and thrown the baby out with the bathwater.

I think it's because of this culture of instant gratification - even Notts fans expect instant success. Kevin Nolan is a young manager in his first full season and yet he's supposed to have "lost the plot"? Yes, he's made mistakes and yes he hasn't always responded well to pressure, but that's part of the package when you hire an inexperienced manager. Give him a chance to learn from his mistakes.

Out of 24 teams in this division, only four go up. The odds are stacked against you. We're slipping away and it's frustrating, especially when a couple of prudent additions could have made all the difference. But we are still in the running for one of those spots. Yet for some that isn't enough - they want a new manager to tell them what they want to hear and bring in an all-new, instantly successful team. It drives me absolutely crazy.

• 2 months later...

• Content Count:  12,939
  • Days Won:  162

i worry if we dont live up to the expectation this season that people will once again call for kevin nolans head, i think we should give him a few seasons to properly build his team and i think we will be better for it.

i never understood why some fans wanted him sacked.

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,144
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

I wouldn't have wanted it to happen, as I believe he's delivering us that much needed 'stability' but I could understand why some did after a certain point.

The first mumblings really did baffle me, yet the poor run of form and the erratic behaviour of Kevin Nolan did make it seem like he had lost his head. I had been calling for a return to how thing started at the beginning of the season, yet at this stage I could understand why some fans got tired of his decisions. Thankfully, we managed to move past it and the pressure never really mounted more than a few small portion of fans (who are entitled to their opinion).

Next season I feel Nolan needs to acknowledge players based on form and just instil that believe that we can achieve promotion.

Form will come from the momentum of doing well, so it's key to starting off well.

• Content Count:  10,773
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

People are entitled to their opinion of course but what I didn’t like about that particular period was the way anyone who disagreed was subjected to a tirade of abuse on twitter and or Facebook.

I don’t think he’d have been sacked anyway as his relationship with the chairman was and is a very good one.

Archived