Who do you want in the play-offs?

As the title says - who do you want Notts to meet in the play-offs?

If we're on our game we've got a good chance against anyone IMO. I'm just very keen we avoid Mansfield if they somehow qualify.

I wouldn't mind Lincoln myself as it's a good ground to visit. Exeter would obviously be a pain.

And it doesn't matter to me whether we're home or away for the second leg. There's no evidence that there's any advantage in playing the second leg at home - if you're away you have the chance to really kill the opposition off with an away goal.

Thoughts?

Don't think the away rule applies in the play offs now @DangerousSausage,certainly not n the Championship playoffs- if scores are level after normal time just extra time then penalties.

Coventry as i think we can take them the most. Exeter play decent football and Lincoln as an absolute no no. Lincoln are good in high pressure games i.e. Wembley against Shrewsbury. Send them to Exeter with only a corner of the stand to sit in, they can't create an atmosphere. Coventry, for me, weren't anything special when they came to ML. 

Lincoln, definitely.

I would rather play them first off in the playoffs than in a one off final and I feel that they would be the strongest side. We definitely have the beating of Exeter and Coventry, assuming that Mansfield don't make the play offs.

If Stags do make them, then play them first up as we would never beat them in a final. 

As you can guess, I want the four that are there to stay there and  perversely, I want to play at home first as I cannot see us winning if we have to chase the game at Meadow Lane, whereas I could see us getting a draw if needed away.

I'm not bothered.

I think none of the games will be easy, so it's really about how we go into the matches and perform really. I think a tougher test might make things easier all-round, I know people will think naturally that the weaker team will be better and that a tougher team to start off with gives us a slimmer chance - yet in my opinion we performed better when we had no expectations. Lincoln could be a difficult game being a local derby, we've also done well against them this season in both league games - could we make it a third? I'm unsure, sods law would suggest no.

Coventry is one of them that I wouldn't really be keen on, we did crap in our first game but well at home.

It's difficult but whoever who end up with, I think we can do well - provided we go into the games prepared and alert to the changes which happen during the games. Kevin Nolan can't be slow to tell people to step up or perform harder.

Supporter+

I’m not bothered because everyone starts with a clean sheet I would however prefer to be at home in the second leg knowing what we’ve got to do to get to Wembley and having a big home crowd roaring them on.

I've thought R-E-A-L-L-Y seriously about these play-off's... the 'damage' these 90-odd minutes finishes have done to my health  over these past few months; and I've made the magnanimous decision that I think it best I book a holiday that brings me home when it's all over!

I L-O-V-E my team, but with four, extremely 'difficult' foslings (foster children) to look after, alone, 24 - 7 - 365, my 'support' Carers have decided I need a break... and I'm not arguing with them!

So, instead of the 'worry' of 4th/5th/home/away/win/lose/up/down, I'm taking the coward's way out and heading for the sun until it's all over!

Now, how o I sign-up to Ifollow?!* Lol.

Archived