Stability under Kevin Nolan

Chris

It makes a huge difference doesn't it?

I think he's learning much quicker than most younger managers, the progress he's delivered is amazing and compared to last season - I feel excited about the potential we have for the 2018-19 season.

Yes, we have along way to go and it's this past season has only just finished.

Yet players I feel will finally want to be here, so the stability offered by the club seems to be one of the biggest things we have going.

This and, the returning higher gates. #COYP

He is a great manager passionate about his job role at County he has lifted the club to our first playoff in many years all though we didn’t reach the target it was a great run and Nolan really has changed things for the better he is learning fast and next season I think he will deliver.

He will keep on learning. He's still got a few years before he's 40. He showed he was learning when he got proved wrong by Forte. He was stubborn and ignorant in the early part of 2018 but he got to grips with the team again. 

Good facilities at the club will attract players. As will the fact, the club has stability and history and the potential to move forward. To be a Championship club

I believe KN has 'learned' this Season! As has AH!

I believe he (and AH) "took people at their word" during the Transfer Window; and further that, they were badly 'let down' on potential signings for the Club. I don't believe they'll chance doing THAT again!

I believe he/they have a 'vision' for what they want Notts County to 'become' (hence the 5-year plan) but I don't believe there's a 'bottomless pit' of money for the purchase of players nor that AH will be 'foolhardy' with his cash. This is because AH's already said he'd "need to look elsewhere for funding in the event of promotion".

I believe that they've PROVEN their intent on 'going places' with the Club; and I believe they've opened doors (with the past Season/results) that were previously 'closed' to them. (There was talk of folk not 'calling them back' but I don't think that'll happen now!)

I believe they've given us - with little help from 'loan' players - a Season of great HOPE for the future.

I believe (and hope) that the obvs 'use of mates' will cease in the coming Season and that we might/should see a more 'ruthless' Gaffer with his choices.

I sincerely HOPE the choice of 'mates' (for places) is done with; and that a first-year '*****-fest', i.e. asking a black professional of Forte's stature to 'knock on his door' (i.e. wants him to beg to play) is O-V-E-R!

I believe (and PRAY) for a successful, football (not "hoofball") ridden Season, with attractive, striking, winning, football that I can hold my head up and actually be PROUD of.

I BELIEVE (now) in Notts County F.C. - for the first time - probably since the Sirrel years!

1 hour ago, Lozzle1 said:

I believe KN has 'learned' this Season! As had AH!

I believe he (and AH) "took people at their word" during the Transfer Window; and further that they were badly 'let down' on potential signings for the Club. I don't believe they'll chance doing THAT again!

I believe he/they have a 'vision' for what they want Notts County to 'become' (hence the 5-year plan) but I don't believe there's a 'bottomless pit' of money for the purchase of players nor that AH will be 'foolhardy' with his cash. This is because AH's already said he'd "need to look elsewhere for funding in the event of promotion".

I believe that they've PROVEN they're intent on 'going places' with the Club; and I believe they've opened doors (with the past Season/results) that were previously 'closed' to them. (There was talk of folk not 'calling them back' but I don't think that'll happen now!)

I believe they've given us - with little help from 'loan' players - a Season of great HOPE for the future.

I believe (and hope) that the obvs 'use of mates' will cease in the coming Season and that we might/should see a more 'ruthless' Gaffer with his choices.

I sincerely HOPE the choice of 'mates' (for places) is done with; and that a first-year '*****-fest' (asking a black professional of Forte's stature to 'knock on his door' (i.e. begging to play) is O-V-E-R!

I believe (and PRAY) for a successful, football (not "hoofball") ridden Season, with attractive, striking, winning, football that I can hold my head up and actually be PROUD of.

I BELIEVE (now) in Notts County F.C. - for the first time - probably since the Sirrel years!

All makes sense and totally agree. Lots to come from KN, but some things ai hope to see the back of next season.

Stability is key for success. The next season will be crucial for Nolan's managerial career. We have to be up and around the automatics with good football being played if he wants to go further as a manager.

When did we last have a manager that actually improved our league positions per campaign?

I can't think of anyone who has actually done this, least not without checking stats and doing research. Just the way Kevin Nolan has gone about building a team is refreshing and, yes I am someone who has been screaming out for a good striker to be captured - yet to be fair, Mason Bennett should have been that player for us and his injury is one of those unlucky aspects of the game.

Next season I just want to see things continue in this same path, we need to be together and we need to understand just how important stability has been for us.

Personally, I don't like seeing players out of contract - especially when they're players who should be nailed down. I think this is counter productive, yet with some players it will naturally get them to prove their worth.

I think it's great we have this platform whereby we can go again next season and just try to enjoy it again.

The progress we've made over the last year speaks for itself. We need to continue building and improving, and that'll make us a more attractive destination for players too. Who wants to sign for a club where the manager will likely have been sacked after a few months (and potentially replaced by someone who doesn't rate you)? It's also important not to get on KN's back at the first sniff of a bad run, as some did even after we qualified for the play-offs.

I would prefer to see less hoofball next season, although to be fair I think our long-ball "tactics" against Coventry were more to do with our utter inability to handle them in midfield than an actual game plan.

Archived