Alan Hardy on VAR and refs

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  6,696
  • Days Won:  43

Alan Hardy has said that after the defeat to Coventry in the play off second leg and the    abysmal refereeing standards last season he would welcome VAR at Meadow Lane also stating it wouldn’t cost much and it would be easy to do even offering to pay for it himself. Also while at a efl conference earlier this month he brought up the standards of refs and was given the response of we all know stead goes down easy. He also said it would cost each team £85 thousand pounds each to up the standard of refereeing next season and that it would be addressed. Based on last seasons obvious errors is Alan Hardy right in what he says.?  Would you welcome the change .? 

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,939
  • Days Won:  162

i dont think it makes sense to charge clubs to pay for the referees, i think the football league should. i think a simple var setup could help if the club could get a small screen near the pitch side and they relied on the footage captured but would this mean they need more staff to film the game?

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,144
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

It shouldn’t be the league clubs that fork the bill or have to train officials, it makes little to no sense for me but a common sense approach to VAR could work.

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  6,696
  • Days Won:  43

The fact it’s up to the team to footbthe bill is bloody outrages and the efl’s way of paso g the buck and needs sorting out.

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  235
  • Days Won:  0

The whole VAR thing is starting to my head in.

It's been used quite well in the most part in the World Cup, but league football seems different. I hate how people are speaking nonsense about how it won't happen and how it could be better, leave it to the professionals and in time it should improve.

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  4,734
  • Days Won:  27

I think something should be done but the fact league teams are being quoted as footing the bill to train officials, it's outrageous.

It should be the FA/The Football League that stump the fees.

Archived