Manufacturing issues?

CliftonMagpie

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  4,728
  • Days Won:  27

Does anyone else feel like some fans have the habit of manufacturing issues for the club?

You see people on Twitter and Facebook spreading rumours, often with no credit to back up their claims. You see it a lot when Alan Hardy tries to do something positive, people twist it and then it creates an issue. I'm sure its a small minority but I am pretty sick of it.

Where is the balance with these types of fans though?

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,908
  • Days Won:  162

i do feel there is an issue with some that like to make things more negative than what they should be but as fans we need to be more outspoken with how positive we feel. its been a poor start to the season and those who fail to be part of the regrouping will be fans i think fall within this discussion.

time to get behind notts.

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,772
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

I agree but to be honest there is no point in engaging with these people and I wish that Alan Hardy would see this too and keep clear of it.

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  3,589
  • Days Won:  75

I think all clubs have this issue. 30 years ago, it was called the 'knuckle dragger' issue. Every club has them and they always do the expected. Mouth off, cause trouble and sit in the pub and claim the issues at 'their' club were far worse than the rest of the world. 

Was especially prevalent in London clubs such as West Ham and Milwall.

Now SM has given them another platform so they don't need to band together as much now. 

Every club has 'meat heads' it's just whether you choose to engage with them.

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  1,902
  • Days Won:  17

Think theres a section of the fans that do. 

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  79
  • Days Won:  0

Football forums definitely seem to attract people with agendas, some against certain players, some against certain managers & some against owners, there are also some that seem to really enjoy the supposed excitement behind managerial sackings whether that be in the will he /wont he debate or the following whose the replacement guessing game. Strangely the world of the forums doesn't seem to match the world I see & speak to at the match even remotely, whether this means that people behave much differently down the ground or many of the people on forums don't actually attend I'm not sure. 

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  618
  • Days Won:  1

I don't know about football forums but social media seems to have its bigger share of idiots.

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,993
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

Sometimes I think some fans take things too far, usually they are the same people and it becomes destructive.

It's awful sometimes when it happens, it can't be the whole problem but the community (not PON but Notts) can become a breeding ground for negativity. Fans are more inclined to be vocal over bad times than they are good, like people take for credit all the work some people do at the club and behind the scenes.

I wouldn't say it's manufactured because there does need to be an issue.

However once negativity takes hold, it's down hill from there. Notts does seem destined to be unsupportive when it really matters at the club.

• Followers:  5
  • Content Count:  1,133
  • Days Won:  2

I do think some fans take comfort from knocking and causing trouble, it may be a small minority but it seems to be common on Twitter.

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  3,455
  • Days Won:  18
  • 𝕏:  twitter TheSkipperNCFC

Just the culture of modern day football fans I suppose.

I do think more Notts fans should try to avoid moaning for the sake of it, you see it all the time even when Notts are winning.

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  3,392
  • Days Won:  18

It happens a lot in sport, not just football.

Over here you hear rumours about every sport, especially hockey and baseball. People want instant success and thrive on any little matter as a way to moan or be negative, its a shame but you have to accept it I am afraid.

Archived