Fitzsimmons names man of the match against Oldham.

Magic magpie

So it’s no secret that Ross Fitzsimmons since taking from Adam Collins as county’s number one has stuttered and slipped and struggled to regain the form that impressed last season during Collins injury till he was sent off for kicking a player and gave away a penalty. 

But recently he has been showing some form im not going to jump on the bandwagon I’ve voiced my opinion and others have to about his poor start positioning etc.

But tonight in a match that was mediocre at best Ross stepped up kept Notts in the tie and earned us a point that may just us out the relegation zone. 

He made some close and low shot saves and tipped a effort over the bar among the saves he made tonight. 

He was organised bossing the defence and shown something I’ve not seen from him this season also he was releasing the ball a lot faster and along the ground rather than the direct approach. 

What ever it was it earned him the man of the match which i said to @Chris about the 65th minute though @Christhought Alexandra was the choice for him. 

Even after it was announced he didn’t smile but he did acknowledge the crowd which is a way forward. 

I hope he uses this to boost his confidence because tonight he earned it and shown he could be number one. 

E74A0BA8-53A3-4B38-A466-7E94340085E9.jpeg

Supporter+
27 minutes ago, Chris said:

Alessandra was the best player on the pitch, don't get me wrong Ross kept us in the game with several amazing saves but his distribution was poor mostly.

Sorry @ChrisI disagree if it wasn’t for Fitzsimmons we’d have lost by 2 or 3 nil, Turley was better than Alessandra as well, don’t get me wrong I like him he had a fair game and tried hard but did nothing extra in the match.

2 minutes ago, Fan of Big Tone said:

Sorry @ChrisI disagree if it wasn’t for Fitzsimmons we’d have lost by 2 or 3 nil, Turley was better than Alessandra as well, don’t get me wrong I like him he had a fair game and tried hard but did nothing extra in the match.

I thought Jamie Turley was pretty standard, he did well but he seemed to drift too much and struggled with Miller quite a few times.

Supporter+
4 minutes ago, Chris said:

I thought Jamie Turley was pretty standard, he did well but he seemed to drift too much and struggled with Miller quite a few times.

I agree Miller was a bit of a handful at times but he didn’t score and was eventually substituted.

On 07/11/2018 at 22:48, Fan of Big Tone said:

fitzsimons made some great saves but his all round performance should have been better.

he would not have got my choice for the man of the match but i did clap extra loud after the game when he shown passion at home for the first time. it was nice to see.

On 07/11/2018 at 22:56, Fan of Big Tone said:

I agree Miller was a bit of a handful at times but he didn’t score and was eventually substituted.

He was subbed because he had ran himself to the ground, not because he didn't score or because he didn't do well. He was one of Oldham's better players.

Ross Fitzsimons did play quite well.

Supporter+
13 minutes ago, Joshua said:

He was subbed because he had ran himself to the ground, not because he didn't score or because he didn't do well. He was one of Oldham's better players.

Ross Fitzsimons did play quite well.

If a professional footballer is fully fit he should be able to last 90 minutes, I don’t get the idea that he “ran himself into the ground” but as I say maybe he wasn’t fully fit or had just come back from injury I don’t know. If he was fully fit obviously his manager didn’t think he was one of their better players or he wouldn’t have subbed him.

Archived